It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States considers fencing its border

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Get that fence up quick!! Keep those crazy Canucks out of America!!

Defend against the evil BACONIZATION of your country.

Do not scoff. We will have no scoffing in this thread.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tasty Canadian
Get that fence up quick!! Keep those crazy Canucks out of America!!

Defend against the evil BACONIZATION of your country.

Do not scoff. We will have no scoffing in this thread.

Your bacon scares me.

I'm all for a "great wall".

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
cant build a fence on the southern border but no no build a fence on the northern border

what are they thinking? just checked today and canada wants to run the keystone oil pipleline through here.

idiots are running this country.
edit on 30-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Next step is Operation Pineapple Express:

Poor Hawaii is too going to get hit by a fence. Also, Alaska should have a fence. You know how those crazy Russians always come in to steal our jobs.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
The Canadian border? Are you serious?

We all know which border needs a fence and it isn't the Canadadian one!!!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I never understood fencing a border.

Are fences really that hard to get through? Honestly?

Unless they plan to electronically monitor the fence for climbing or cutting, I believe a fence would be pretty much useless and a complete waste of money, regardless what border it is on.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

actually, the article clearly states they are not considering a lot of 'fenceing'. Mainly they want to strengthen other forms of security in areas lots of drugs pass over.

if you read past the headline, you would see they are explicitly saying they arent going to build a massive fence.
edit on 30-9-2011 by ARealandTrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Actually a lot of drugs pass over the Canadian US border.

Check the stats some time.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
It's to keep Americans in, with the police state goes more and more intrusive, when the economy becomes worse and worse, and they won't allow you to leave without government permission/taking half your money.

Just like the Soviet Union.

Try reading the article next time:

"The U.S. Customs and Border Protection agency has proposed the use of “fencing and other barriers” on the 49th parallel to manage “trouble spots where passage of cross-border violators is difficult to control.”"

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

edit on 9/30/2011 by AntiNWO because: Neo beat me to it!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AntiNWO
Funny, we're always being told that the southern border is far too long to build a fence, and yet we can build one at the northern border which is twice as long? Apparently someone in Washington failed 2nd grade math.

here's some more in-depth quotes from a better article:

Well, if you read the article, or any of the other articles on the subject, you would know they arent considering building a fence along the entire border. In fact, a fence or wall is not really what they are talking about at all.

a spokesperson for U.S Customs and Border Protection said the government is not considering the fence option "at this time" and instead is looking at the environmental effects of putting more manpower, technology and infrastructure along the border.

The Customs and Border Protection report says while fences have been a big element in deterring unauthorized crossings of the U.S.-Mexican border, "it is unlikely that fencing will play as prominent a role" on the northern border, given its length and terrain that varies from prairie to forest.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I laughed like hell when I read this. When shrub was president, I went down to the US for a DHS related project, they wanted to put one of my fences and systems on the Mexican border. So I watched for a while and then Obama got in and it was like all this koom bi ya crap. Yeah, they don't need a fence on the Mexican border because all those illegals are potential entitlement voters for the dems, yehaw.

But I like one of the comments, "Is a fence to keep people out or to keep them in?" I wondered the same thing at times when I was in working in Africa on similar projects.

Cheers - Dave

top topics

<< 1   >>

join