It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do Americans Celebrate The Death Of Others?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by KILL_DOGG
I don't applaud or celebrate when a bombing goes wrong and innocents are killed. However, when a monster like Bin Laden or the American born terrorist they announced killing today are dealt with....oh yeah, I applaud, celebrate, and find a service man and shake his hand for making the world just a tiny bit safer for all the normies.

The necessary has to be done. But seriously to celebrate, to applaud or cheer - difficult to understand how a grown up person can feel and act that way. Also it's impossible to applaud to death without looking utterly stupid. When the american crowds cheered for the killing of OBL, the rest of the civilized world (and probably those americans of intellect and manners) was embarrassed for the impiety and ashamed of this behaviour.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

Its not all americans,just all the republicans minded people that think that way...its the way it is.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

These people do not look like or sound like Americans,,,, And A GREAT Many DEATHS Just Took Place.

Geeeeee, Don't Look Like All Americans To Me,,,, I Have To Ask,,, Isn't it Palestine Obama wants to be Reconized as A Country.

edit on 30-9-2011 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Yawn- yet another infantile anti-American thread....

Why don't change the thread title to say "people" or "human beings" instead of "Americans"?
I suggest you watch the following videos and open your eyes......

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
All cultures celebrate the deaths of their enemies, always have, always will. Seriously if the rivial sports team to your team loses to your team do you feel bad for the losers or do you celebrate the victory. Come on this is human nature.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Rejoicing at the death of Bin Laden, who still is a human being, who was never indicted for 9/11

Not Indicted, That is True, But he did take Responsibility For the Attacks.

Bin Laden Admits 9/11 Responsibility, Warns of More Attacks

Bin Laden said he thought of the method of attacking U.S. skyscrapers when he saw Israeli aircraft bombing tower blocks in Lebanon in 1982.

We decided to destroy towers in America," he said. "God knows that it had not occurred to our mind to attack the towers, but after our patience ran out and we saw the injustice and inflexibility of the American-Israeli alliance toward our people in Palestine and Lebanon, this came to my mind."

Source: www.pbs.org...
Did I Applaud and Cheer and Yell At The Top Of My Lungs, Like They did in Palestine on 9/11,, NO!
But some very close friends and I had a Drink and A Smile and A Nod!
Yes, It's Nice To Know, We Americans Still Have The B@LLS and GUTS To Take Them Off The World Count or You Could Say, Take Out The Trash!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua

These people do not look like or sound like Americans,,,, And A GREAT Many DEATHS Just Took Place.

Geeeeee, Don't Look Like All Americans To Me,,,, I Have To Ask,,, Isn't it Palestine Obama wants to be Reconized as A Country.

A great response worth reading again...its ironic how the OP has received so many stars is it not?

Perhaps they should be crescents?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
So because I posted a thread asking why Americans celebrate the death of others, some on here seemed to think that somehow meant that nobody else celebrates death.
Where the hell did I mention anything along those lines?

So, instead of answering the question, or even acknowledging that some Americans do celebrate the death of others, you instead post videos of others celebrating death? Of course death is celebrated by others around the world! However, dodging the topic, and saying because others celebrate death in other countries, does not mean it's acceptable here, or anywhere. You're basic stance, is that since that's the way it is, there is no point in discussing it.

Very cute, to bring up something off topic, which I never mentioned, and then tell me I need a history lesson, when you're the ones who can't even stay on topic. Typical American attitudes here. Because others celebrate death, it's fine if we do to!
Yeah.......sure.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired

A great response worth reading again...its ironic how the OP has received so many stars is it not?

Point out where I said others around the world don't celebrate death. I'll wait. If you can't, it would just mean when you disagree you don't have the ability to stay on topic, and are instead attacking me for something I never said.

You wouldn't do something like that, would you???

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl
So because I posted a thread asking why Americans celebrate the death of others, some on here seemed to think that somehow meant that nobody else celebrates death.

So, instead of answering the question, or even acknowledging that some Americans do celebrate the death of others, you instead post videos of others celebrating death? Of course death is celebrated by others around the world! However, dodging the topic, and saying because others celebrate death in other countries, does not mean it's acceptable here, or anywhere. You're basic stance, is that since that's the way it is, there is no point in discussing it.

Very cute, to bring up something off topic, which I never mentioned, and then tell me I need a history lesson, when you're the ones who can't even stay on topic. Typical American attitudes here. Because others celebrate death, it's fine if we do to!
Yeah.......sure.

Maybe your question was in poor taste....maybe the whole thread was.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired

Point out where I said others around the world don't celebrate death. I'll wait. If you can't, it would just mean when you disagree you don't have the ability to stay on topic, and are instead attacking me for something I never said.

You wouldn't do something like that, would you???

Where your whole thread fails in relation to integrity is as I tried to coach you on earlier
....is the poor choice of wording.
If you had said some Americans you would not have such negative replys to your affirming seeeking OP.

How so many stars have been credited to your OP when no one appears to agreee with you is mystifying

It is important not to generalise.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

It's implied right in the title of the thread you created....:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

That's Easy, Maybe you should not of wrote this:

Why do Americans celebrate the death of others so much?

In general, it seems many Americans don't feel any shame/remorse/guilt, or anything of the like, when it comes to

Most of us here are Very, Very Tired Of The Americans Are Killers Threads.
Why didn't you bother to mention, All other Nations Cheer The Deaths of Their Enemies?
Why did you make it, Americans Only and YES, You Did and Yes, You Tried To Throw Perry Under The Bus.
I Don't Like Perry, But So What, People Like The Idea That Murders Afters Years and Years of Appeals Get Put To Death,,,,, Now didn't they Kill their Victim?
That's another thread and Yes it has been discussed here.
But Stop With The, Whining That Some Of Us, Derailed Your Thread, We Did Nothing More Than Tried To Show YOU, Others Cheers The Deaths Of Americans Too,,,,,,,
Please Stop With The Americans Are Bad People threads.
I am Now a Very Proud American Citizen, America Love It or Leave It!!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Typical American attitudes here.

Sigh.Statements like this betray your uneducated bias-and is exactly why people are responding to you the way they are.And the responses are most definitely "on-topic"......
So tell us-since you didn't have the stones to put it in your profile- which perfect paradise of a country do you live in?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

That's the number one question I always ask...where you from? It gives perspective and context for me to give a reply but most don't even answer. But yet I'm supposed to sit and take it as an American when I clearly state where I'm from and put myself out there. I'm not afraid.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138

Typical American attitudes here.

Sigh.Statements like this betray your uneducated bias-and is exactly why people are responding to you the way they are.And the responses are most definitely "on-topic"......
So tell us-since you didn't have the stones to put it in your profile- which perfect paradise of a country do you live in?

Skippy1138, Thank you For asking that question, I was wondering that myself.
queenofsheba, I always visit every persons Profile before I reply.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
like i posted in the other threads recently

amerrogance

it sounds hella corny,

yet tis trueee

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

edit on 30-9-2011 by queenofsheba because: Why bother

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I have a feeling this is not a peculiar US trait. And apathy, even mindless shallow understanding of others around you in the world is far more common than one thinks.

Its the same attitude that can feel nothing or even joke and feel smug/satisfied at someone else's death, as can walk by someone in need. A homeless person, whether recently out of work or mentally ill, or an addict, makes no difference to me. I accept 0 casualites, 0 fodder to the world and society, and NO FORCING, for employement, NO SLAVES. Everyone has intrinsic rights and entiltlements and we are ONE FAMILY.

How anyone can feel OK with injustice, corruption, inequality, slavery, unequal circumstances or opportunities, and just sit there apathetic to anyone except themselves is 100% beyond me.

I spent years in my teenage years, up half the night, with every story on the news, a family axed to pieces by a foster child, and later the Kurdish, as their chldren starved to death on the great exodus from Iraq during the Gulf War, no country would take them, to Rwanda, every tragedy, and pictured over and over, the plight of each person, how they would feel. I had no choice, first of all, and could not understand anyone not getting it.
Furthermore, its the least one can do, understand and light those candles.

Who would ever wish harm on anyone?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

What does their race have to do with anything? Please tell me..

For example

They were Black trash in Illinois, carrying around a Pan-African flag through Walmart screaming "American # yeah." They were arrested for shoplifting and disturbance of peace.

They were Arab trash in Illinois, carrying around an Islamic flag through Walmart screaming "American # yeah." They were arrested for shoplifting and disturbance of peace.

Putting the race in the picture is soooooooooooooooo old

edit on 9/30/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join