It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do Americans Celebrate The Death Of Others?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
This is something I've been thinking more and more about lately. The applause for Perry during one of the debates, when he was questioned about the 200+ inmates who have been sentenced to death under him, was something I found to be pretty disturbing.
In general, it seems many Americans don't feel any shame/remorse/guilt, or anything of the like, when it comes to

Hundreds of thousands of deaths in Iraq

Tens of thousands of deaths in Afghanistan

Bombings of innocent civilians in Yemen

The idea of dropping bombs on Iran, and killing many innocent civilians

The idea of dropping bombs on Pakistan, and killing many innocent civilians there

Rejoicing at the death of Bin Laden, who still is a human being, who was never indicted for 9/11

Happiness that a US citizen was killed without trial, even though he was a suspected terrorist

and this is the tip of the iceberg.

Why do Americans celebrate the death of others so much? Do many just not realize even though we have conflicts with other governments, their citizens are a lot like us? Just human beings trying to make a life for themselves, and trying to get bye? Really makes me feel sick to my stomach sometimes.

Edit: I should clarify, after seeing a few responses. I'm not referring to ATS members here. People on ATS are more in touch with reality then most. I'm referring more to who we see on the MSM, and who we run into in our everyday lives.

edit on 30-9-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I never celebrate, when I see someone die who isn't someone I know. I really don't give a damn, I look at people like they're bat# insane though, "Why are you celebrating ? Somebody's dead........." that is what I always ask. Then again, the American people only listen to what they're good government tells them. As good sheeples do, that's what there problem is.

They don't realise what goes behind the death and we do. Life is only on earth and not for long, but people celebrate death as a #ing party.
edit on 30-9-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Because to a lot of people all of these violent actions are glorified like something has been "won."

When Bin Laden was announced to have been killed this year a local gas station near me was celebrating by having workers wash your windows as you filled up with gas. It was almost uncomfortable to see the smiles and happy go lucky workers when the smiles were related to death.

People are strange...aren't we?

link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

Because we are a great Christian Nation and we value life above all else.

link   

Nobody really cares until those deaths affect their own families

link   
I don't applaud or celebrate when a bombing goes wrong and innocents are killed. However, when a monster like Bin Laden or the American born terrorist they announced killing today are dealt with....oh yeah, I applaud, celebrate, and find a service man and shake his hand for making the world just a tiny bit safer for all the normies.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I DONT APPLAUSE FOR ANYTHING OR TEH LIES THE LAME BANKER BUDDIES TRY PULLING OFF..

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Dude, we don't all listen to the the govercorporationment..

I don't celebrate death, death (when unnatural) makes me extremely upset.

You guys don't realize that the only way that America will get better is when we fully revolt.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeftKoast
Because to a lot of people all of these violent actions are glorified like something has been "won."

When Bin Laden was announced to have been killed this year a local gas station near me was celebrating by having workers wash your windows as you filled up with gas. It was almost uncomfortable to see the smiles and happy go lucky workers when the smiles were related to death.

People are strange...aren't we?

Amen, I saw some white trash idiots screaming "America # yeah!" that same song lyrics the were screaming, we're played on the /b/ boards on 4chan for weeks.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Oh, here we go again...I'm an American and I do not, I repeat do not, "celebrate" the deaths of others. People; individuals have their opinions, beliefs and morals that are unique to them. When I think of the things that go on in other countries that are appalling to me, I never think, "Oh, those people are all terrible" because I know better. That is the difference. Governments and their policies are not indicative of all of their peoples' beliefs. Try to remember that, I know I do try.
edit on 30-9-2011 by queenofsheba because: spelling

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I think its incredibly weird to celebrate anyones death. Like when OBL was reported dead...people cheered... I just didn't get it.

edit on 9/30/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

Why is it necessary to use the term "white trash". Would you not be offended if someone said "Oh that "ghetto black trash..." Double standards aren't nice

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofsheba

Oh, here we go again...I'm an American and I do not, I repeat do not, "celebrate" the deaths of others. You should have just asked me and I would have told you so. People; individuals have their opinions, beliefs and morals that are unique to them. When I think of the things that go on in other countries that are appalling to me, I never think, "Oh, those people are all terrible" because I know better. That is the difference. Governments and their policies are not indicative of all of their peoples' beliefs. Try to remember that, I know I do try.

Try reading my whole post next time. I posted my "edit", before you responded. Did I single out you, or any other American? I specifically said most on ATS would not fall under that rule.

Yeah, your response shows you clearly can't read all that well.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Can someone tell me.... since everyone seems to be ignoring it......

www.cbsnews.com...

WHY WAS A SUSPECTED TERRORIST ALLOWED TO
DINE AT THE PENTAGON?

DO YOU KNOW WHAT KIND OF SECURITY THREAT THAT IS?

Any theories other than he was or is a government intelligence operative?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The OP states "Why Do Americans Celebrate The Death Of Others?...imagine putting the word Israeli instead of Americans in the title...yet this member can state as fact that Americans love celebrating the deaths of other human beings...come on double standards shirley?

Its one thing to ask a question not state a falsehoood as fact.
The OP surely should have said "do some Americans celebrate the deaths of others?" for example...I find this thread title alarmingly racist.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
reply to post by Heartisblack

Why is it necessary to use the term "white trash". Would you not be offended if someone said "Oh that "ghetto black trash..." Double standards aren't nice

It's quite necessary, when they're in Illinois, carrying around a confederate flag through wallmart screaming "American # yeah." They were arrested for shoplifting and disturbance of peace.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired

The OP states "Why Do Americans Celebrate The Death Of Others?...imagine putting the word Israeli instead of Americans in the title...yet this member can state as fact that Americans love celebrating the deaths of other human beings...come on double standards shirley?

The OP surely should have said "do some Americans celebrate the deaths of others?" for example...I find this thread title alarmingly racist.

If you want to discuss Israel, then start another thread. I didn't say "ALL Americans" in my title did I? If you find it racist, I suggest you grow some thicker skin. If you don't think many Americans do in fact blindly celebrate the deaths of others, I suggest you come out from under your rock.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
why do internet posters see something and then generalize 300 million people ?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl

Originally posted by Dr Expired

If you want to discuss Israel, then start another thread. I didn't say "ALL Americans" in my title did I? If you find it racist, I suggest you grow some thicker skin. If you don't think many Americans do in fact blindly celebrate the deaths of others, I suggest you come out from under your rock.

Are you attempting to be disingenous?
I used the term Isael to make a point about double standards.
How dare you suggest I grow some thicker skin and come out of ny rock...you are voicing the words of serpents are you not?
When the twin towers went down a percentage of muslims all over the world in Australia, the uSA, Libya, Palestine, Pakistan to name a few celebrated openly (more openly than others) try checking that out.
I reiterate I readyour thread title as a direct racial slur against 'Americans".
edit on 30-9-2011 by Dr Expired because: insert of words

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I am one of many, Americans, that is who don't celebrate the deaths of others. You asked the question and I gave you my individual response which is that I, as an American do not celebrate the deaths of others. And for you to insult me by saying I don't read well doesn't make this a friendly conversation in the least. I respect your perspective and your opinion because you get that right. See, that is the difference.

edit on 30-9-2011 by queenofsheba because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join