It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disillusioned: A definition worth remembering...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Just something to share here, and I hope some can find value in it. Anyways, in recent weeks I have been dealing with some issues with my son at school, and I have been talking with my mom about these issues. A number of times I have given her my commentary on the state of the school systems these days, and that has even digressed into other topics like big pharma, the government, the economy, etc. Well, my mom made a comment to me the other day, and she used a word that I have heard hundreds of times but never really looked into the definition. My mom said that I was disillusioned. At first, I wasn’t sure what to think, and I even bordered on taking it as a criticism, until I looked it up. After viewing the definition, I have really taken hold of it, and think it was such a perfect description of myself. I also thought that pretty much every member here on ATS could fit this definition too, and that is why I wanted to share it. Here is what I found:

disillusioned: to free from pleasing, but false beliefs

For some reason, that definition just rang so true with me, and again, I felt that a number of you ATS members would fit this too. I guess it followed along with the “deny ignorance” tagline, but I almost felt that it may even be more appropriate as the slogan for ATS, but of course that is just my opinion. Isn’t that what “awakening” is that we all talk about? I know in the time since I have been a member here on ATS, I have taken on a different viewpoint at how I look at the world. I guess it follows along with “ignorance is bliss” or “Why oh why didn’t I take the blue pill?”

So, feel free to comment if you wish. I just felt the need to share that definition, and thought you all may enjoy it too.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I enjoyed this thread Very much and sometimes getting a definition of a word can be a real eye opener. If being disillusioned is cool, consider me Miles Davis. S+F for you!

new topics

join