It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Animals Going Crazy on Extreem New Madrid Area

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Been around ATS for a long time but this is my first thread despite 100+ posts.
I am aware there are threads on problems with animals going crazy off and on. However in the 50+ years I have owned cats; Specifically Siamese I have never, ever experienced odd behavior. I have never had a mean Siamese though have had a few alley cats that were very unpredictable.
We own three cats. Two Siamese that are little more than slugs on the floor looking for constant attention, and an alley cat that really doesn't care much about anything but food, water and a clean box. The cats never, ever go outside.
All are very loving, never mean, and just want to be loved. But in the last two days there has been a very serious change in behavior. Not mean type, but rather they have become very very restless and not wanting to be out of the sight of a human at any time. If I go to the basement they sit at the door and scream, following me around the house everywhere I go. Odd for one cat but not unusual. But for all three this is very strange.
We are north of St Louis about 80 miles which puts us at the northern edge of the New Madrid Zone.
My question is has anyone else in this area or the area of New Madrid noticed any changes in their animals or even animals outside recently in this area.
My wife feeds humming birds which usually migrate at the middle of October, but they have been gone from here now for two weeks. Squirrels are eating the nuts off our Oak tree at a rush filling my entire front yard with shells. They seem not to be storing anything up. My yard must be raked before mowing. This has never happened here in the 30 years we have owned the house.
So the purpose for this post is to ask anyone who sees this: Has there been any unusual animal activity in your area around New Madrid. This is very concerning as our animals have never ever acted this way before.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I live on the New Madrid fault line also, to be more specific Memphis. As for my pets they seem to be acting normal. I see humming birds almost daily and my neighbor's oak trees don't seem to be ransacked by squirrels. Keep an eye open though as people have posted about an earthquake coming to the New Madrid fault line very soon.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Well, the saying is watch the animals, they usually sense when mother nature plans to unleash something terrible. From my experience observing nature this is true.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Dude, I will be honest with you. Animals will always act up, no matter how long you've had them, something might have agitated them. It does not have to be a fault line ready to blow and kill us all. I live in the technical Madrid myself and nothing ever comes out of this.
If I told you how many of these threads i've heard about somebody's dog barking, cat pawing their legs........etc. and they're sitting in the NW fault, oh #, I can just scream. Animals cannot tell you what their problem is but humans can.

We know, we know, we live on a fault line, we know. Just because your cat acts up doesn't mean, we're going to die tomorrow.
edit on 30-9-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
This will be very interesting to watch as I believe we are now in the days where "SOMETHING BIG" is about to happen... what, when and where is anyone's guess but this certainly would qualify as a candidate for "SOMETHING BIG" This way comes...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidsHope

I'm not from your area, sir, but I used to live in California, & I might be of some help to you. I, too, am a cat lover & I am aware of differences in my kitty's behaviour at any given time.

It is not at all unusual for animals, especially outdoor ones, to sense earth movements- & react differently than usual. They can at times pick up on vibrations in the ground that are not noticed by people. This is especially true of horses.

Another sign of something that might happen soon geologically is the sudden disappearance of small local bodies of water, such as a pond on a farm. The water sinks into the ground all of a sudden, sometimes just before a quake.

Fracking in your area has been going on for some time, because of gas & other types of mining. Checking this out on line as well as checking out the local US Geological Survey website online will be helpful. Look up any earthquake activity that might have been recorded in your state.

I certainly do hope all will be well & that your cats aren't picking up anything too unusual. Good luck to you all.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Maybe they're reacting to you. Have you thought of that?

Have you been feeling ill or something lately?

There are dogs that are trained to be epileptic alarms. They alert you so you can lie down and not hurt yourself hopefully.

All the best and good luck.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by RomaMayLi

I'm not from your area, sir, but I used to live in California, & I might be of some help to you. I, too, am a cat lover & I am aware of differences in my kitty's behaviour at any given time.

It is not at all unusual for animals, especially outdoor ones, to sense earth movements- & react differently than usual. They can at times pick up on vibrations in the ground that are not noticed by people. This is especially true of horses.

Another sign of something that might happen soon geologically is the sudden disappearance of small local bodies of water, such as a pond on a farm. The water sinks into the ground all of a sudden, sometimes just before a quake.

Fracking in your area has been going on for some time, because of gas & other types of mining. Checking this out on line as well as checking out the local US Geological Survey website online will be helpful. Look up any earthquake activity that might have been recorded in your state.

I certainly do hope all will be well & that your cats aren't picking up anything too unusual. Good luck to you all.

Thank you for your kind words. We have had these cats for many years, and this behavior has never been noted in them before. In our area we are north of St Louis, but I am aware that we sit on very solid ground where vibrations can be felt for hundreds of miles. I am also aware that other things can cause changes in behavior, but I am amiss to find anything in the immediate environment that has changed. That is why I looked outside the home for possible answers. I now have a cat sleeping in the bath tub! I am at a complete loss. Never happened before. However I liked your post because you outlined other things to observe. I will keep an eye these things and thanks for your response.
DH

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Well the animals around here are fine
I live in Kentucky... just right outside the NM Area...

As far as the Leaves and Squirrels, etc...

I have raked leaves and raked them and raked them!

Clear it off... next day cant tell it... and I got a big yard!

To be honest its always like that, nothing unusual about that...

but

My yard has been covered for 2 weeks. Typically this upcoming week is when they cover the yard...

But it came early this year.

Leaves start fall about mid sept around my place

Oh I do live way way way back in the woods, surrounded by trees

So leaves begin to fall mid sept... but first week of October is when they just pour off the trees...

As far as the squirrels eating like a fat man at a buffet... or aka Myself... ha

They are doing the same here... but combine that knowledge with the early leaves...

I'd say thats a good indication of Early Winter

I been "feeling" it in the air as well...

Sunday morning its supposed to frost be in the 30's

I HATE the cold!

Thanks for sharing!
Flagged

Your scenario could be nothing more than just animals being animals...
But you never know?
Wait and See...

Also its great to have this documented...
Been cool to have had deeper accounts of things before 1811

edit on 9/30/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

You are quite welcome. As I said before, I hope it's nothing unusual at all & that all is well. I will also say that all of these coronal mass ejections- explosions on the Sun as of late- have been altering the Earth's magnetic field from time to time these days. The websites for Astronomy Magazine & the Earth Changes Media with Mitch Battros have free subscriptions available to all who may be interested, & they both have news & explanations for what has been going on.

Another thing I'll mention is that Earth's magnetic poles have been shifting. NASA's site has recorded that recently the North Pole has been moving towards Siberia at a rate of 34 miles per year.

None of this means the "end of the world", far from it- that is not what I'm trying to infer. Geological record shows that this planet gradually goes through such changes as these, usually very slowly, in cycles over many, many thousands of years. These changes cause climate change, amongst other things. Have fun learning about it; I'm
sure it will put your mind at ease.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I would agree with the "early winter" hypothesis. I'm in NE Wisconsin and also feed the hummingbirds... they've been MIA since the day after Labor Day. Squirrels are fattening up AND storing food for an extended winter season.

We get our Indian Summer next week when the temperature is going to get back into the mid-70's and then I bet we'll start getting hit with regular frosty nights. You can feel and smell the winter chill in the air at night.

Get ready now for a long, cold winter filled with solar flares and earthquakes.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AstroBuzz
I would agree with the "early winter" hypothesis. I'm in NE Wisconsin and also feed the hummingbirds... they've been MIA since the day after Labor Day. Squirrels are fattening up AND storing food for an extended winter season.

We get our Indian Summer next week when the temperature is going to get back into the mid-70's and then I bet we'll start getting hit with regular frosty nights. You can feel and smell the winter chill in the air at night.

Get ready now for a long, cold winter filled with solar flares and earthquakes.

Jesus Christ man! Birds have been gone for a while, I don't even remember them leaving! I see a squirrel running around quicker then i'll see a bird.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

hearing range
    100 - 60,000 hz house cat (felis domesticus) Olfactory membrane 14 sq cm
    067 - 45,000 hz dogs (canis familiaris) Olfactory membrane 150 sq cm.
    064 - 23,000 hz humans, Olfactory membrane 4 sq cm.
    250 - 8,000 hz bird, canary
    200 - 8,500 hz bird, parakeet
    250 - 8,000 hz bird, cockatiel
    125 - 2,000 hz bird, chicken

Most house pets can hear in a much higher frequency range than we can.
A sustained high pitch sound can be quite irritating to them,
while simultaneously we humans are unable to hear it.

All of the samples above are warm blooded.

David Grouchy

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AstroBuzz

Copy that: I am an avid bike rider: I do century rides [100 milers] and ride 20+ every day. I see "wooly" worms or what some call "willy" worms on the trails in the fall. generally they are tan to dark brown to black. But this year I have not seen a single colored worm. Every single one of them have been white or albino. Now I don't know if it is Monsanto or the weather to come. All I can say is uggh! My brother in Indiana put out an ear of corn one morning and as we watched a Chipmunk in in a few minutes had it stripped and stuffed in his cheeks only to head for his burrow. To be sure much of this is a normal process. However this year it is most certainly different.
I expect animals outside to be more sensitive to things, however when the animals inside that have never been out begin to fret I do suspect things. thanks for the reply
DH

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidgrouchy

hearing range
    100 - 60,000 hz house cat (felis domesticus) Olfactory membrane 14 sq cm
    067 - 45,000 hz dogs (canis familiaris) Olfactory membrane 150 sq cm.
    064 - 23,000 hz humans, Olfactory membrane 4 sq cm.
    250 - 8,000 hz bird, canary
    200 - 8,500 hz bird, parakeet
    250 - 8,000 hz bird, cockatiel
    125 - 2,000 hz bird, chicken

Most house pets can hear in a much higher frequency range than we can.
A sustained high pitch sound can be quite irritating to them,
while simultaneously we humans are unable to hear it.

All of the samples above are warm blooded.

David Grouchy

A new thing? Higher pitch that has not disturbed the animals before?
So an interesting reply might be: What environmental changes are there that can reach into that specific frequency?
We are having some Solar flare activity. Is there anyone out there that can lend some expertise into whether or not a flare creates ultra frequency aurora as well as visible ones? Are some animals hearing what we cannot hear as a result of some other source? This bears some research.
Thank you
DH

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DavidsHope

So an interesting reply might be: What environmental changes are there that can reach into that specific frequency?

DH

Hi, DH.
You might ask around and see if your neighbors are using any of those electronic devices to deter/repel squirrels, bats, mice, etc. If someone near-by is using some devices like that it could also explain why you seem to be getting more than your share of squirrels in the yard!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea

Originally posted by DavidsHope

DH

Hi, DH.
You might ask around and see if your neighbors are using any of those electronic devices to deter/repel squirrels, bats, mice, etc. If someone near-by is using some devices like that it could also explain why you seem to be getting more than your share of squirrels in the yard!

Now that is one of the better ideas I have heard today both on and off line. My neighbor to the left and right own no animals. the ones across the street ditto, however we put up a great big fence to the rear neighbor due to not getting along well. I may have to do a burbs thing like tom hanks did in "The Burbs" and take a look over the fence. Not a bad idea
thanks
DH

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Take your cats and offer yourself and your family a road trip for the week end.
If nothing happens,well you spent a good time with your family which is a good thing;if in the other hand something bad happens,well you and your family are safe.
edit on 30-9-2011 by wildapache because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-9-2011 by wildapache because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by wildapache

You know: I never fell into this whole Fault line crumble thing in the first place. Then after study I began to see increases in worldwide quakes, etc. To be sure we could head for the mountains which would probably turn to dust, or go north to Canada which would probably erupt, or go west to CA which would probably erupt or sink into the ocean. In short, I know without question something is coming..even the USGS says so And..
. Something always does. but the earth is very big and the chances of my being there at the time is slim. I just wanna know how much cat food to stock up on. as far as a trip? Well If I went to Denver they would never let me in that bunker with the Potus; They know I don't like him. I am just concerned about the cats. Maybe I could force feed them a beer? hmmm. Seriously: We here on ATS delve into this stuff every day. It is an ongoing thing. You can bet though whether I take a long trip, or stay where I am I will take my cats and my BOB.
Good idea..Get outta dodge,,,,I will when the time comes
thanks DH

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Who says it has to be a frequency they (the animals) can hear? VLF/ELF can effect living organisms at a cellular level, and so do microwaves. The animals do not have to "hear it" for the frequency to have a profound effect. For some time now, there is a harmonic resonance coming from somewhere, but I have yet to determine it's source. I have a complex theory, but I do not wish to derail this thread on that topic. If you want to read some of it, it is the only thread I have ever made here, and it raised more questions than it answered.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join