It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul just Signed his Own Presidential Aspirations Death Warrant,After He Criticized Obama

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
OK, I've been doing a little research on this guy. I found this article from Star Telegram, apparently out of Fort Worth.

source

This is what has gotten Paul more up in arms than anything, this is a FIRST. An argument could be made that this is a slippery slope to be stepping out onto....

Friday's drone attack was believed to be the first instance in which a U.S. citizen was tracked and killed based on secret intelligence and the president's say-so. Al-Awlaki was placed on the CIA "kill or capture" list by the Obama administration in April 2010 - the first American to be so targeted. Read more: www.star-telegram.com...

The president seems to think he was a leader of external operations, and actually carrying out attacks.

President Barack Obama heralded the strike as a "major blow to al-Qaida's most active operational affiliate," saying the 40-year-old al-Awlaki was the group's "leader of external operations." "In that role, he took the lead in planning and directing efforts to murder innocent Americans," Obama told reporters in Washington, saying al-Awlaki plotted the Christmas 2009 airplane bombing attempt and a foiled attempt in 2010 to mail explosives to the United States. Read more: www.star-telegram.com...

A former CIA agent makes a point that Paul would probably agree with and see's al-Awlaki less of leader of operations, and nothing more than a chief propagandist. An interesting contrast to Obama's position to say the least.

Bruce Riedel, a Brookings senior fellow and former CIA officer, cautioned that while al-Awlaki was the "foremost propagandist," for al-Qaida's Yemen branch, his death "doesn't really significantly change its fortunes." Al-Qaida's branch "is intact and arguably growing faster than ever before because of the chaos in Yemen," he said. Read more: www.star-telegram.com...

chicken or the egg anyone....

His numerous video sermons, circulated on YouTube and other sites, offered a measured political argument - interspersed with religious lessons - that the United States must be fought for waging wars against Muslims. Read more: www.star-telegram.com...

It's interesting that he doesn't take credit for the Hasan killing spree....

Al-Awlaki exchanged up to 20 emails with U.S. Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, accused of opening fire at the U.S. military base at Fort Hood, Texas, killing 13 people, in a 2009 rampage. Hasan initiated the contacts, drawn by al-Awlaki's Internet sermons. Al-Awlaki has said he didn't tell Hasan to carry out the shootings, but he later praised Hasan as a "hero" on his website. Read more: www.star-telegram.com...

Doesn't look like there's hard evidence that he directly planned the times square bombing either...seems like more of a mouthpiece than a "leader of external operations."

In New York, the Pakistani-American who pleaded guilty to the May 2010 Times Square car bombing attempt told interrogators he was "inspired" by al-Awlaki after making contact over the Internet. Read more: www.star-telegram.com...

Of course, U.S. Officials(does it get more generic?) have to have their say...they seem to have evidence of him being more than a mouthpiece, what exactly that evidence is not mentioned....

But U.S. officials say al-Awlaki moved beyond being just a mouthpiece into a direct operational role in organizing such attacks as he hid alongside al-Qaida militants in the rugged mountains of Yemen. Most notably, they believe he was involved in recruiting and preparing Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, the Nigerian who tried to blow up a U.S. airliner heading to Detroit on Christmas 2009, failing only because he botched the detonation of explosives sewn into his underpants. Yemeni officials say they believe al-Awlaki and other al-Qaida leaders met with Abdulmutallab in a Yemen hideout in the weeks before the failed bombing. Read more: www.star-telegram.com...

So maybe he met with the guy, the defendant again claims no part in the attempted bombing....

Al-Awlaki has said Abdulmutallab was his "student" but said he never told him to carry out the airline attack. Read more: www.star-telegram.com...

continued.....

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
continued....

Here's a statement from a terrorism expert that Paul would likely take issue with.

U.S. terrorism expert Evan Kohlman said al-Awlaki's death doesn't affect al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula's military capabilities. "The one area it makes a difference is, it limits the ability of AQAP to put out more English-language propaganda," at least in the short term. Read more: www.star-telegram.com...

It would seem that this dude they bombed was essentially small potatoes, and I still haven't found any HARD evidence linking him directly to a bombing or plans to carry out a bombing, where's that INFORMATION?

One could make the argument given the article I've just read and posted that he was basically killed for exercising speech, and opinions that our government, specifically the administration, takes issue with. You can see how Paul, who is passionate about freedom and liberty would take issue with that type of practice.

OK I'm done.

Now see if all that will fit in your pie hole....

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

Thanks for the research, if the evidence of his illicit involvment existed it would be readily available, therefore I don't believe it does exist.
This is a profound action taken by the President of the United States. The fact that people are defending this is even more profound, IMO.

Once again thanks for the research on this subject, it filled MY piehole nicely...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
If this hurts the Paul campaign, and it may because when you try and google the dead dude you get a lot of articles popping up discussing Paul's comments, then it's only because the voters and media are full of ignorant cowards.

The guy may very well have been a threat but show me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also think it's interesting how Paul gets tons of news coverage when he makes outspoken comments that can easily be made to spin, but barely gets a mention when he throttles other candidates in debates, straw polls, and fund raising....from the grass roots mind you.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
The two guys were US CITIZENS.

It sets a VERY DANGEROUS precedent.

Remember this? He even talks about Anwar al-Aulaqi in Yemen. Ron Paul got it right, EVEN TO THE MAN.

Ron Paul right again.
edit on 30-9-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I'm wrong for calling he op a troll, I truly thought that the Title to the thread was trolling.

My opinion of Ron Paul is so high that whenever people misinterpret his actions or statements it sends me into a stupor wondering how the OP came to this conclusion.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Well the comments are getting Worse by Fox News Sheeps as once again Fox news attacked him.
Source

Isn't Ron Paul a career loser ?

It goes to show you how out of touch Ron Paul is

I think he just crashed into a humbolt county grow operation.

edit on 30-9-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
I'm curious as to what made them want this guy so bad?
why was he marked for assassination? What did he do that we KNOW he did?
Was he actually targeted or did he happen to be in the wring place at the wrong time?

I want information, you humans can keep your silly emotional responses to this event.

JUST GIMME THE INFO!

Q- "you humans?"

Ooooops must be a Freudian wrong character slip.

I call this "Musashi a la carte."

Prime exampling Ron Paulers always being able to stay in stereotypical character. .

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

It would seem that this dude they bombed was essentially small potatoes, and I still haven't found any HARD evidence linking him directly to a bombing or plans to carry out a bombing, where's that INFORMATION?

Yeah, sure, the Intelligence community is going to jump right up and supply you with every little bit of intel that they have/had on this guy and all other terrorists. Because....why? So you can summarily pooh-pooh it as lies and propaganda? Yeah, right.

One could make the argument given the article I've just read and posted that he was basically killed for exercising speech, and opinions that our government, specifically the administration, takes issue with. You can see how Paul, who is passionate about freedom and liberty would take issue with that type of practice.

Given the very very little "information" that you have, I can see how you would jump to an unfounded conclusion like that. Of course, you would sound silly, and you would be wrong, but that's OK. Nobody is stifling your freedom of speech, though, so how does that work again?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool

I call this "Musashi a la carte."

Prime exampling Ron Paulers always being able to stay in stereotypical character. .

Really? Trying to discredit a HUGE group of people with a YouTube video of this one guy?
Did you just run out of worthwhile arguments?

...ever consider working in the media? I think you'd fit right in.

ETA: You guys are free to think/say what you want, but surely you've noticed the "stars" are against you. Sorry, majority rule!

edit on 1-10-2011 by DamaSan because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-10-2011 by DamaSan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
While the death of Anwar al-Awlaki may seem like a good thing, Rep. Paul does bring up one issue, that has been echoed today all day long.

This person, Anwar Al-Awlaki, was still a citizen of the US. No matter what his crimes were or that he was suspected of, he still had full rights to due process under the law. The federal government had no right to assassinate or out right kill any citizen of this country without a trial being held. This is not right or correct, and sets a very dangerous precedence’s for such.

And the question is now, what is to stop the federal government from killing citizen who is in a foreign country?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
u Americans are burning Ron Paul at the stake ......Whats wrong with you all....... he is maybe your best chance for a real democracy .....

just plain IGNORANT ......
edit on 1-10-2011 by Mandelbrot2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Even Still i believe Ron Paul may still win Remember When they said that ronald reagan couldnt win either?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
Well the comments are getting Worse by Fox News Sheeps as once again Fox news attacked him.
Source

Isn't Ron Paul a career loser ?

It goes to show you how out of touch Ron Paul is

I think he just crashed into a humbolt county grow operation.

Well there it is. The ultimate expression of American intelligence.

PS - you guys might want to lay off the flouride a little bit.
edit on 1-10-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by MothersofAmerica
I'm voting for Ron Paul specifically because he spoke out against this.

The man murdered was a non combatant native born US citizen exercising free speech in an extremely controversial way.

It should have been a landmark case that went to SCOTUS.

Instead he was assassinated.

Ron Paul is 100% right, and that fact that he's willing to say things that will hurt him, if he thinks it's for the good of the people, says a lot about the strength of his character. He's not a retard, he knew that it would be dangerous to his campaign to point this stuff out, but he's 100% right and if he didn't say this I wouldn't be voting for him.
Congratulations America. Your total IQ just went up 50 points because of this one person.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DamaSan

ETA: You guys are free to think/say what you want, but surely you've noticed the "stars" are against you. Sorry, majority rule!

You can have all the stars; we'll take all the votes when it really counts.

Welcome to the jungle.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

As a US citizen, he has rights no matter what crimes he may or may not have committed.

End of story.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
What is going on there is that 'TPTB' ( i hate using that) have been writing and rewriting history. In the present day as we view these events unfold in the media we are dumbfounded thinking that people may actually believing all the lies but history is not written for the present day, its written for the future.

In 100 years from now American history will sound EPIC and heroic to those elementary school children in 2111.

Lone wolf.
edit on 1-10-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

This person, Anwar Al-Awlaki, was still a citizen of the US. No matter what his crimes were or that he was suspected of, he still had full rights to due process under the law. The federal government had no right to assassinate or out right kill any citizen of this country without a trial being held. This is not right or correct, and sets a very dangerous precedence’s for such.

I would say that by his words and actions he voluntarily renounced his valuable citizenship. As a matter of fact, by his involvement in planning, financing, and implementation of terrorist acts against the US, he became a traitor. And during war, traitors are summarily executed.

I realize that Ron Paul is among the group that wants to Mirandize all captured terrorists, and then give them access to our justice system where they can demand that our intel methods that we used to track him be made public, but to me, that is the mark of a fool. All the platitudes and bromides that are shouted here are beside the point. al Alwaki made his choice; he got his just reward.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
well the majority of americans are idiots. what paul was trying to say is we are a country of laws. if the government starts killing americans overseas when does it become all right to start killing american citizens at home.

not one person is bigger than the laws of the united states. they just made al awlaki bigger than the law.

it's a snowball that started with osama, now it's awlaki, then all of the sudden its a guy taking pictures of the washington monument on his vacation.

high members of the government are breaking serious laws of the united states and he is saying its wrong, they must be held accountable and we are heading down a dark road when the government starts to kill its own citizens.

he was still a citizen, even though he was lost, his rights under the law don't stop to exist no matter what crimes he commits overseas.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join