Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Ron Paul just Signed his Own Presidential Aspirations Death Warrant,After He Criticized Obama

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Assassination:

as·sas·si·nate (-ss-nt) tr.v. as·sas·si·nat·ed, as·sas·si·nat·ing, as·sas·si·nates 1. To murder (a prominent person) by surprise attack, as for political reasons. 2. To destroy or injure treacherously: assassinate a rival's character.

This is what is being criticized, and those who condone it, and most assuredly those who practice it are being criticized, and rightfully so. Destruction of enemies does not hold more rational self interest than the recognition that all people everywhere have certain unalienable rights. Citizenship has nothing to do with rights, and the Constitution for the United States and the Bill of Rights does not in anyway limit the protection of rights to citizens of the United States alone. If the We the People of the United States of America cannot recognize that every right we possess, so does every other person on the planet, then we most assuredly, at this time, have the government we deserve.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
Source

Manchester, New Hampshire (CNN) – Republican presidential candidate Rep. Ron Paul criticized President Obama Friday for "assassinating" al Qaeda operative Anwar al-Awlaki, saying that the American-born Muslim cleric should have been tried in a U.S. court.

Get over it. A terrorist is a terrorist, no matter where he was born.

This isnt something you would do if you want to be the president, Paul just ended his own candidacy with this statement as predicted Obama will win no matter Which GOP Member wins.

edit on 30-9-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

That would be the same as supporting police, if they decided to just go and shoot and kill every suspected gang leader on our streets, without any right to a trial whatsoever. It's not about whether this guy is a terrorist or not. It's about the fact he's a US citizen, and we're not following the rule of law. Increasingly, this country is turning a blind eye to the rule of law, which we want everyone else to follow. THAT, is a problem.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
lmiao
L MY INDEPENDENT AS OFF !!!!

Therefore, if he did not kill him and he successfully killed Americans, I wonder what the conversation would be...I wonder…I really *&^%^%$ wonder?

Op,your a 100% correct.

Ron Paul just Signed his Own Presidential Aspirations Death Warrant,After He Criticized Obama
edit on 30-9-2011 by LogiosHermes27 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
who this guy kill to be labeled as a "terrorist"?
edit on 30-9-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

That's just it he never killed anyone. The reason he was labeled a terrorist is because people were inspired or encouraged by him to attempt attacks on America. Here are a few things they say he was connected to. The Fort Hood shooter, the Christmas Day "Underwear Bomber", and the Times Square bomber. With these people he never ordered any attacks but seeing how he was a member of AL Qaeda by default he received the blame.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

If that is the case then the sickness that plagues the USA is truly a deathbed case.
When an honourable man can no longer speak the truth to his people he is definitely living in the wrong country, with the wrong people.
How sick have Americans become, that they would rather be feed puke, lies, and disinformation down their throats, instead of the truth?

I for one, like Ron Paul, still believe that, in their essence, Americans are still a decent, tolerant, and caring people...some of them have just forgotten it. I also believe that America, the true "land of the free", is still worth fighting for.
What America, and Americans, now need, more then anything else, is somebody who will tell the truth. Somebody who is not afraid of reminding Americans what they once stood for, and their obligation to all of our species.
"Yes, we got a little drunk back their...and have driven the car into a ditch...but it's OK to make a mistake. We will sober up, remember who we are, and what we stand for, mend the car, get it back on the road, and drive."

I will be holding a few fund raisers for Ron Paul, as soon as I can make it back to the States. Unfortunately I will not be able to vote for him, since I'm Canadian. But I will give him as much support as I can.
For the first time in my life I am sadden not to be an American...I am loosing the opportunity to vote for one of the most decent, honest, caring, and loving people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing!

PS» Hope the Obamination doesn't label me a terrorist, and has me killed...wouldn't want to miss the biggest party in human History...the Rebirth of the Beacon for Humanity, and Decency!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Please do not feed the trolls.

Even though trolls have the right to start a thread, I must remind you not to feed these crafty creatures.

All it will amount to is a giant waste of time.
edit on 30-9-2011 by emaildogs because: Sp

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I'm curious as to what made them want this guy so bad?
why was he marked for assassination? What did he do that we KNOW he did?
Was he actually targeted or did he happen to be in the wring place at the wrong time?

I want information, you humans can keep your silly emotional responses to this event.

JUST GIMME THE INFO!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by emaildogs

Why does he have to be a troll ,because you dont agree with him? wtf

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogiosHermes27
lmiao
L MY INDEPENDENT AS OFF !!!!

Therefore, if he did not kill him and he successfully killed Americans, I wonder what the conversation would be...I wonder…I really *&^%^%$ wonder?

Op,your a 100% correct.

edit on 30-9-2011 by LogiosHermes27 because: (no reason given)

And I wonder what the conversation will be when people realize that once government has claimed and exercised a power, it's a) next to impossible to get a government to relinquish that power, and b) applicable to all future administrations.

Then I wonder how the government will see fit to exercise this recognized power once the economy turns further south as forecasted by a good many experts and more jobs, pensions, and savings are lost - especially given the wargaming the Army's war college has run in the last few years as they anticipate further social unrest and economic collapse.

Couple all this together with the increasing focus on national security and the broadening definitions of domestic threats, and I'm not comfortable with it in the least.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

I'm curious as to what made them want this guy so bad?

So this person will not get to a level in which another 911 would happen or worst to the American people

Are you…ok, is that…so hard to believe.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
He is just sayin "The emperor is naked" The other townspeople gasped in shock that such a revelation should be made.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by emaildogs
Please do not feed the trolls.

Even though trolls have the right to start a thread, I must remind you not to feed these crafty creatures.

All it will amount to is a giant waste of time.
edit on 30-9-2011 by emaildogs because: Sp

I am sorry are you acussing me of been a troll?
i am just voicing out my concerns.

Listen i like Ron Paul and even i support him as a canadian i think we should have more people like him here in canada.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
What does Obama care about the US constitution!?!? He is a US President w/ a checkered history concerning his place of brth. Operation Fast and Furious, was a direct attempt to derail American's second ammendment rights. And now he opts to take out al-Awlaki, a US citizen, w/o due process. I can't say that I am surprised one bit.

There is nothing this man (Obama) can ever do right in my eye's. The time to give Obama the benefit of the doubt is over, it's about damn time someone stands up and calls him out, and Ron Paul is just the man to do it.

edit on 9/30/2011 by TheRealTruth84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LogiosHermes27

So this person will not get to a level in which another 911 would happen or worst to the American people Are you…ok, is that…so hard to believe.

Um.....no it's not so hard to believe if there's INFORMATION to back it up, otherwise yes it may be hard to believe, since I don't just go around floating in LA LA land like you, human.

I asked for INFORMATION, you gave me none, and then tried to act all smart with: you...ok, is that....so hard to believe?

Well guess what smart guy, I don't just believe stuff because I FEEL like it, or because I'm TOLD to. are YOU...ok? is THAT so hard to believe?

Next time reply with some relevant INFORMATION, or just keep you pie hole shut. The over abundance of mindless yappers who can't apply critical thinking is really dragging this site down.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I'm voting for Ron Paul specifically because he spoke out against this.

The man murdered was a non combatant native born US citizen exercising free speech in an extremely controversial way.

It should have been a landmark case that went to SCOTUS.

Instead he was assassinated.

Ron Paul is 100% right, and that fact that he's willing to say things that will hurt him, if he thinks it's for the good of the people, says a lot about the strength of his character. He's not a retard, he knew that it would be dangerous to his campaign to point this stuff out, but he's 100% right and if he didn't say this I wouldn't be voting for him.
edit on 30-9-2011 by MothersofAmerica because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
reply to post by LogiosHermes27

So this person will not get to a level in which another 911 would happen or worst to the American people Are you…ok, is that…so hard to believe.

Um.....no it's not so hard to believe if there's INFORMATION to back it up, otherwise yes it may be hard to believe, since I don't just go around floating in LA LA land like you, human.

I asked for INFORMATION, you gave me none, and then tried to act all smart with: you...ok, is that....so hard to believe?

Well guess what smart guy, I don't just believe stuff because I FEEL like it, or because I'm TOLD to. are YOU...ok? is THAT so hard to believe?

Next time reply with some relevant INFORMATION, or just keep you pie hole shut. The over abundance of mindless yappers who can't apply critical thinking is really dragging this site down.

TextThe over abundance of mindless yappers who can't apply critical thinking is really dragging this site down

I honestly could not agree with you more liquid...Smokey.. I mean smoke!

He deserved to die, he deserved to be assassinated, and our president gave the order.
‘Either you are with Obama and me or against us‘, you decide.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I just saw CBS's Bob Schieffer mention Ron Paul by name regarding this matter, and he even took a snarky pretentious tone.

Ticks me off!

Freaking MSM won't mention a whisper of Ron Paul's name as he's cleaning house in the polls, but once they smell a chance to turn people against him, ba bump! Right under the bus he goes.

Yeah, that's fair and independent. I'm so disgusted with the wuss-ass wimps that consider themselves reporters these days.

It's so obvious it's sickening, makes me want to puke.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

This isnt something you would do if you want to be the president, Paul just ended his own candidacy with this statement as predicted Obama will win no matter Which GOP Member wins.

This most certainly may have been the final nail in Ron Paul's election coffin, but I don't think he hurt other candidates. Unless, that is, they happen to agree with him.

The word that I heard the most in association with Ron Paul today has been "Lunatic". Of course his supporters will go to great lengths to defend him and repair the damage, but I doubt very much that RP won over one single vote today with this wacko statement. Citizenship has NOTHING to do with this. This guy's life was dedicated to murdering innocent Americans -- that had already been established to the satisfaction of any sane person. So he loses all his US privileges, imo. He was judged on the courtroom of the battlefield, found guilty, and punished accordingly.

I won't even get into the issue of whether terrorists should be tried in our courtrooms or by military tribunal; that discussion has been waged and won. Send people like him to Gitmo until their date before the tribunal arrives.

I want a leader who has the strength to protect the citizens, not an apologist like Ron Paul.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Good for Ron Paul for saying what so many free-thinkers are thinking,

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Ron Paul is trying to tell every American that the President doesn't have the authority to kill you, no matter what your crime.
What has become of a country who thinks that this never-ending "war on terror" is justifiable just because 3,000 American citizens were killed?
Besides, for this one remark to end Ron Paul's aspirations for the White House, it would first need to be reported in a negative light, I'm not seeing that. In fact when people realize what has actually taken place, they will probably agree with Paul, IMO.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join