It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's former campaign funders on Wall Street turn against him

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
The polls are down a bunch, and now it loks like obama's funding is drying up.

Perhaps the rumors about obama pulling a Lyndon Johnson and bailing out are starting to get some legs.

LA Times

Reporting from New York— The race is on to tap one of the most vital sources of campaign cash — Wall Street — and the early results are not looking good for President Obama.

and

The episode highlights a worrying trend for the Obama campaign. Wall Street, a key contributor to Obama in 2008, seems to be switching allegiances.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I just don't get it...... WHY in Gods name is WALLSTREET even allowed to contribute money?????? It makes me sick when I hear about the places and people that these canidates get funding from. They are just bought!

What we need is an overhaul. No more donations, go get a JOB and earn the $$$$ for your campaigns!!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DJDigitalGem

Agreed, there should be a limit to what is spent on a campaign. Across the board.

It would level the playing field and allow a more fair fight between candidates.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJDigitalGem
I just don't get it...... WHY in Gods name is WALLSTREET even allowed to contribute money?????? It makes me sick when I hear about the places and people that these canidates get funding from. They are just bought!

What we need is an overhaul. No more donations, go get a JOB and earn the $$$$ for your campaigns!!!!

Especially because since the bailouts they are contributing OUR TAX MONEY to the candidate of their choice. Kind of glad it's no longer obama, but still wish they weren't contributing bailout money.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
obama to wall street "fat cats,the rich should pay more your corrupt,you make too much spread the wealth"

5 minutes later

obama to wall street "hey gimme a million or two so i can have 4 more years"

typical always trying to have it both ways

and please stoping whining about wall street i got news for those people UNIONS arent PEOPLE.

meh
i wouldnt give a democrat a buck let alone the shirt off my back for the simple fact they think they are ENTITLED to them.

**last comment removed because some would find it offensive**
edit on 30-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Everytime I see him, he looks worse.

Graying hair, slumped shoulders, looks down as he walks. Generally depressed.

Instead of his rousing speeches, they just sound angry and don't generate applause like they used too. His own base is starting to realize just what they have foisted upon the Nation, and only the die-hards who refuse to believe that they could be wrong stand by him now.

I think he now knows he was not prepared for this job.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DJDigitalGem

Ditto. I don't think many people in this country will even consider voting for anyone taking WALL STREET/CORP $$. I certainly will not. If our candidates can only get elected with funding from corrupt banksters/blood money, they don't belong in office.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by earth2mayavision

no recruiting dude bad poster bad bad

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by earth2mayavision

I'm thinking that you can only donate $1.00. Only individuals, no corporations or business.

Those who support the incumbent can use that buck on their tax returns.

Without the big bucks and kick backs they produce, we would probably start seeing normal people showing up in Washington DC, more and more.

It wouldn't be worth it for the fat cats anymore.

new topics

top topics

join