It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4X4 Scales Snowdon illegally for the second time

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

4X4 Scales Snowdon illegally for the second time

uk.autoblog.com

Mystery surrounds the reappearance, not least because nobody seems to know who put the car there again, how, and exactly why?

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
LOL the Police , the National Trust and the Park Authority are hopping mad !

Enjoy this short link. Why do I get the feeling this is the kind of thing some of you guys would get up to ? Or was that me ?
Whoever did this > bonzer > you have left them staring at their feet saying " didnt we come here with shoes on ?" You probably got your compadre out of some trouble .
Truly the emporer wears no clothes!

uk.autoblog.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
can imagine its going to be fun when they flog the car off at auction and charge the original owner the same

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Oh my gosh....... At first I was like, hmm... what's this? I looked at it and it's freaking AWESOME!!!!! That is so cool! I do have to wonder how it got back up there but this is a great post. LOL

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
previous offences linkreply to post by DJDigitalGem

Its not your normal looking frontera is it. I love vehicles like this .And driving them

But it can be very naughty though. At least there are no victims . Not saying I would do it because they see it as 'bizarre'. No its not its called having 'fun' by enough 4x4 drivers . And a few helicopter pilots ..
edit on 30-9-2011 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
there are loads of good comments going up on the linked site , and seems to be turning into a debate about freedoms . something ats should enjoy .

it is easier to drive up than it is down , so stay sensible kids , dont do this at home
edit on 30-9-2011 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Didn't Jeremy Clarkson do this few years ago in a Range Rover?

Not sure what the big deal is.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Do you think they might have got the idea from the Scotts?

"The mystery surrounding the discovery of a piano near the top of Britain's highest mountain appeared to have been solved today.
Volunteers clearing stones from the 4,4118ft peak were stunned when they discovered the musical instrument on Ben Nevis at the weekend. Now Kenny Campbell, a woodcutter from Bonar Bridge in the Highlands, claims the piano is actually an organ, which he carried up the mountain for a cancer charity in 1971.
It was recovered at the weekend by 15 volunteers from the John Muir Trust, the conservation charity which owns part of Ben Nevis.
Mr Campbell said: "It took me four days to get the organ to the top and when I did I played Scotland the Brave.
"I am quite sure that what they found is the organ. It had no keys on it because I stripped them off and gave them to friends - I had quite a lot of fans in those days."
Summit
Mr Campbell later returned to the summit and planned to take the organ back down, but said all he found were two small pieces of the organ.
"It was big and heavy and I guess someone just buried it," he added.
"I am 100 per cent sure no-one else has taken anything like that up Ben Nevis."
Mr Campbell, 64, has also taken a beer barrel, a plough and a gas cylinder to the top of the summit.
He is planning a return trip to the peak when he turns 65 later this year.
"I guess it is just an unusual thing to do, plus it is raising money for charity," he said.
"Going up Ben Nevis is a big challenge, but I love it - at least there is no traffic to bother you." "

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

What the heck?
The same Fronterra up Snowdon?
Either someone really wants to get rid of his Fronterra,or his mates are pranking him into prison.

Or of course,the owner could be so pissed off that he didn't make it the first time,he carefully considered after a bottle of cheap vodka,that he would give it ONE MORE TRY!!

It was on his list of things to do B4 he died after all.
Fair play to the guy getting it back from the pound after the first failed attempt though.

Maybe he will get 3rd time lucky?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

Lol, you beat me to it, I was going to post that it sounds like something Jeremy Clarkson would do! He is probably snickering about it as we speak....I had no idea he tried this before though...s for you

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelchemuel
Do you think they might have got the idea from the Scotts?

".
Volunteers clearing stones from the 4,4118ft peak were stunned

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Rainbows
Jane

What this idea ? LOL stunning people , stunning ideas .

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
reply to post by ZIPMATT

What the heck?
The same Fronterra up Snowdon?
Either someone really wants to get rid of his Fronterra,or his mates are pranking him into prison.

Or of course,the owner could be so pissed off that he didn't make it the first time,he carefully considered after a bottle of cheap vodka,that he would give it ONE MORE TRY!!

It was on his list of things to do B4 he died after all.
Fair play to the guy getting it back from the pound after the first failed attempt though.

Maybe he will get 3rd time lucky?

I have recently learned that alcohol provides an excuse for many things , but not this . On his list of things to do before he died , that forms a somewhere acceptable reason for most though . Its not given how or why this happened again . Or who did it . One things for sure, they have to make certain they have to nanny round the mountains a bit more.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

If you count the environment of Snowdon as a victim, then yes there is. The prick who did this clearly doesn't think for one second about the damage he's doing for his own overgrown schoolboy pleasure.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

There are also laws against fly tipping - you can't just dump your rubbish on a hilltop!

With regards Ben Nevis, a Model T Ford was once driven to the summit though the tracks has much deteriorated since the days when there was an observatory there and a vehicle wouldn't be able to get up today. The car was driven back down though and not just dumped there for someone else to remove!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

That truck has an emergency light on top. I don't live in England but most cars driven by the general public do not have those do they? Not here in the USA, anyway. Looks like an emergency services vehicle, perhaps owned by the Park service itself?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

Emergency vehicle lights in the UK are generally blue, sometimes red. It's illegal to put them on 'civilian' vehicles.

Orange strobes are used on utility vehicles like motorway maintenance, vehicle recovery etc. But you can just buy them if you want them anyway.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Can't they just run a registration search or the VIN search to see who owns it?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyingSpaghettiMonster
reply to post by ZIPMATT

If you count the environment of Snowdon as a victim, then yes there is. The prick who did this clearly doesn't think for one second about the damage he's doing for his own overgrown schoolboy pleasure.

lol BOO HOO the poor mountain . poor old park services . they had better stop their 11 plate 4x4 on another mountain for a 3 hour lunch break to console themselves .
an extra piece of cake might make them feel better

and that's before they go back to ......combing the rocks out of it's hair...?
edit on 4-10-2011 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

We know who owns it - the same person who is currently being charged with driving it up there the first time. We don't (or didn't) know whether he or someone else has driven it up a second time.

Whoever it was, I suggest the best solution is to fit them with a electronic tag, give them a spanner, a chainsaw and a wheelbarrow and tell them to remove it. When they are finished they will be let free. Simple.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join