It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billy Graham and The Law of Gravity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
We all know that Billy Graham was one of the greatest preachers to be born on this earth.
Its a treat to watch him preach.
This afternoon , I watched a 1959 video (called Truth) of one of his crudades in Melbourne Australia, that I
had bought at a corner Bible store about 6 months ago, but never watched it, till today..
Most of us on here wern't even born at the time (1959)

Anyways as usual, he was talking about how you have to pay for your sins if you break this or that law.
The abruptly much to my surprise, he said ' If you break the Law of Gravity, you will pay for it.
If you reject the mathematics for it, you will pay for it. ' Now both the times when he said You will pay for it,
the camera would zoom on him as he looked into it

Now do you all find it odd that a Christian Preacher would comment on the Laws of Physics.
I have always maintained that the laws of science are all man made laws, that hold good only
till the time they are improved upon, rewritten or scrapped.

Its no woder that Nikola Tesla suffered a lot because of the conspiracies that exist, if someone were
to break the laws of physics, though granted that, breaking some of them, pose extreme dangers
for the entire planet.,

Cheers and thanks for your comments.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Simpe comment:

Well, we have things that can fly, presumably by a lot of less educated folks the law of gravity is being violated. What's actually happening is that Gravity is a force pushing you down. To get lift, you have to have more force going up than going down, so Gravity is not replaced by the laws that govern flight. The reason that Gravity, when a law was formed around it, became a law, was because it always works--every single test. Recently the way that textbooks state Laws to be from a consensus of the majority of scientist. Which means that statements of these laws are far more malleable now than they were way back when--irrelevant of whether or not the action which we derive that law from has ever changed.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

Thanks for your reply.
Flight does not violate the law of gravity, but any other anti gravity device does.
So for Billy Graham, delving into Anti Gravity would be a sin.
If you are sceintifically inclined, chk out the links in my signature.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I am not a christian. I love Billy Graham as a person, but do not enjoy watching him speak as much as someone who really shares his belief. But the work he has done, the kindness he has shown, and the morality he has upheld (especially among a field of charlatans) make him a very repectable man. And hearing some of his comments in other video, non sermon related, it is obvious he is a very deeply understanding man when it comes to his faith.

To hear him having said that is interesting. It seems he had grappled with some of the new problems posed to the clergy by technology and our seeking more of it, and his answer was to not push it too far or we might create real problems.

I fully would expect to hear that from a preacher. But the philosophical discussion that could arise from his comment are very interesting.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

To hear him having said that is interesting. It seems he had grappled with some of the new problems posed to the clergy by technology and our seeking more of it, and his answer was to not push it too far or we might create real problems.

I fully would expect to hear that from a preacher. But the philosophical discussion that could arise from his comment are very interesting.

Thanks for sharing.

Oh you are welcome.
Yes its interesting as well as intriguing. Maybe the disappearing of Ning li and Eugene
is kind of expected in light of all this.
But what would your take be if i somehow think Billy was a spokesperson also for
the Military Industrial Complex, since he was of german descent I imagine.
BTW I think this thread is kind of invisible to many on ats. or it would have certainly
spurred a conspiracy discussion of sorts.
But anyway thanks for your reply.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Can't comment on the Law of Physics thing but I can say it made me laugh when I saw the name in the thread title and thought "when did he come up with that?"

I mean, every time someone says Billy Graham I think of this guy:

The man of the hour, too sweet to be sour
edit on 1/10/2011 by curious7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7

The man of the hour, too sweet to be sour
edit on 1/10/2011 by curious7 because: (no reason given)

Lol, scary. He looks like a relation of martin bormann

new topics

top topics

join