It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Lettuce Recalled Over Listeria Concerns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Reuters article.

(Reuters) - California-based True Leaf Farms is recalling 90 cartons of chopped romaine lettuce as it may be contaminated with listeria, though no related illnesses have been reported.

As you may know, I recently posted a Listeria outbreak from cantaloupe. Now they're recalling lettuce.

Here is the link to the other Listeria thread.

I wonder if they'll begin recalling other items as well, such as apples. Only time will tell.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The more I hear about Listeria, it sounds just like radiation poisoning but then again, what do I know ? I'm not a doctor.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
For those of you who are not familiar with the disease of (listeria) here is a link that explains...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
For those of you who are not familiar with the disease of (listeria) here is a link that explains...

en.wikipedia.org...

I read that and here's a link that explains radiation poisoning.
www.mayoclinic.com...=symptoms
edit on 30-9-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Interesting correlation Heartisblack.

Though the symptoms for both are rather broad and the same; nausea, fever, diarrhea, etc.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I could expect that any manifestation of nuclear radiation sickness be down played by the media. The proof of that is they no longer mention nary a peep of any contamination on the west coast in any news reports. What does the news media on the east coast say about the rads on the west coast?

Out of sight, out of mind...

Anyone remember the plot line in Close Encounters when they wanted to clear the region around The Devils Tower so there would be no witnesses?

The Gov. created a misinformation story about nerve gas and evacuated everybody.

I am sure that if it was radiation poisoning they would call it something else. Something similar, something that would get us to stop eating fruits and vegetables that collect the "disease" on their "surface".

As events unfold another good indicator would be some weird disease in milk.

By the way, polio has a vaccine. I would be more worried if they announced a dozen middle eastern men were wandering our cities infected with a weaponised strain of Small Pox. Now that would be terrifying.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeZutch

The big difference is the "hair falling out" bit.
Dunno...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Publix brand spinach dip is now being recalled because of listeria.
www.orlandosentinel.com...

The article says that no illnesses have been reported, but they're taking special precautions.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
So they announce the recall of the Lettuce ... that expired on 9/29/11. Most of it has been eaten by now, and any damage has been done. Why did it take 2 weeks to test the batch for contaminants? Would have been helpful BEFORE it reached the public for consumption.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by MikeZutch

The big difference is the "hair falling out" bit.
Dunno...

Yeah, which I haven't heard as of yet in the Listeria outbreaks.

new topics

top topics

join