It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i just do not understand!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
First off, why is it that people think that there is any major difference between republicans and democrats? I know I have posts that go this way but I can't help it. These two parties argue and put on a show and make a spectacle of themselves to try and prove that their party is better than the other. That this politician is the one who can cure our ills, fix the economy, and lead us back to prosperity.

In truth, both parties and almost all politicians put (re)election at the top of their list of worries. Neither side has ever had the best interests of their constituents at heart.

The media, having to figure out a way to fill 24hrs with what honestly amounts to maybe an hour of real news a day, caters to them and encourages the spectacle because it fills time and conflict and drama get better ratings. Conflict and drama detract from rational dialog, which is NECESSARY when selecting the leader of this country.

It blows my mind that anyone still even argues along party lines. Politicians on both sides pretty much do whatever their financial backers tell them to do. BOTH PARTIES ARE IN THE POCKETS OF THE ELITE. and yet, come election day, Obama will most likely be elected even though the left is dissatisfied (for the most part. There are of course some die hards, as with any leader), the right seems to be a range of wanting him out and wanting him in jail for being a secret-muslim-immigrant.

If we could unify our own agendas, we could make that happen. But without support from the media, (why would they be on our side?) this seems like a pipe dream. If we could stop arguing for a minute and realize that in general we all want the same things from our government, we could affect real change. We all want to be treated fairly, equally, etc. We want justice.

Why even vote along party lines at all, it is quite clear that in the past 10 years, no matter what combination of parties is in office, the only change is for the worse and the only decisions made help the rich and politicians. Case in point: bailouts. bush and Obama had their own bailouts, opposing parties that do the same thing. We yell about why communism is bad and capitalism is good but in reality, neither economic system has ever been tried! So really who knows.

Sorry. Long, preachy, obnoxious rant, I know. I'm just losing my mind because no one can see through the spectacle that is politics to see that in a rather broad and somewhat specific way, all of us common people really want the same things.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I agree they are the same!

I can't stand politics. They both lie and say what you want to hear yet don't do crap when it comes down to it.

Neither one is better than the other.

S&F..

I love the rant forum

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I have to say, I completely agree with you. What's the freaking point behind two parties??? Ever since high school history class I've never been able to figure it out. They complain abotu how much the other spends, they whine abou tthe policies the other wants. IN reality their are nothing but a bunch of vultures, lurking over the American public to pick over our carcasses once they've run us in the our graves.....

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Thanks, sorry if it seems a little disjointed, I don't usually make threads, and when I rant, one idea tends to run into the next in my head...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DJDigitalGem

It's just depressing. So few people have so much money. There aren't any jobs that pay a living wage unless you go to college. And even if you go, most likely you will get a 30k a year job to try to pay off your loans. If you can even get one. If you luck out getting a job with overtime, overtime is taxed at 42%.... Sad

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruePatriot1685
Thanks, sorry if it seems a little disjointed, I don't usually make threads, and when I rant, one idea tends to run into the next in my head...

Hey it's the rant forum! You shouldn't apologize! That is what this forum is for

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
tvpnc.org... here is another option. If it does not load right just click "Home"

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
tvpnc.org... here is another option. If it does not load right just click "Home"

My problem with that is that I feel that any political party will eventually lead us back to where we are now. So instead of a party, why not have candidates run based on their own ideals instead of their party's ideals.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TruePatriot1685

I have felt for a long time that the party system needs to be done away with. They represent their party,not "We the People". Now the last I knew we paid them to represent us. To me this means that we aren't getting what we pay them for. If you go to work and collect a pay check for not doing your job, what happens to you? Do you get offered an amazing benefit package? Do you get to retire at full pay after 2 to 4 years?

Ever notice how a middleclass politician who gets elected to a first term suddenly at the end of that term is wealthy? Know how that happens? It's called lobbiests they give the politicians money to vote for bills that benefit them and their clients, not you. In fact what the lobbies pay for is probably bad for you.

Parties benefit nobody but the party. They are anti-We the People. They are not just representing the elites, they are the elites

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruePatriot1685
why is it that people think that there is any major difference between republicans and democrats?

I personally haven't seen any differences.

new topics

top topics

join