It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you use banks?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by DarthMuerte

yeaaa it does suck to walk all the way inside but oh well! lol
That is the extent of my aggravation from going to all cash. Does that make it more clear?

link   

reply to post by StarfireZeta

learn to accept it???

ok.. we're on 2 different wave lengths fam..

Why make money the enemy, something to fight against when it should be embraced and enjoyed. I love getting money and spending it and making sure I help to keep it flowing.

link   

reply to post by DrumsRfun

i'd like to live in a city where not driving is possible...
that's awesome
Not me. Big cities are a death trap when the SHTF.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

reply to post by DJM8507

so you support interest when it's in your favor? because as i understand it, the moment you're late on a payment to a bank or creditor, they're gonna charge you interest. will you support in then?

obviously i planned and got a safe that was fire proof and such, not to mention the hidden part. i doubt a thief is that good.

interest is usury, plain and simple. you love it now, but if you were the one paying it, i doubt you'd love it so much.

you make a small percentage in interest compared to what they could make off of you.

you get a couple dollars and feel like you're a part of something?

I use a system that is in place in order to maximize the potential of the funds I have. What alternative is there? how does the money in your safe make money? What other options are there? I allow them to exploit my dollars and they pay me a miniscule interest in exchange.

Credit Cards are great if you pay them off and stick to a budget. For example, I had $1,000 in cash back on mY Discover Card. They were having a promotion to get 50% off Shell Gas Cards. I was able to get $2,000 in gas gift cards for only $1,000 so in essence I was paid $1,000 just to use their card for normal purchases I would have made with cash.

Credit Cards offer protection from merchants, they also provide free extended warranties and discounts at many places. My American Express offers me ridiculously good insurance for a minimal fee when I travel and buy the tickets with my card. I also earn points that are redeemable for cash incentives.

Credit Cards, in my opinion, are a requirement for modern society and people should be taught to use them properly. But they are like a gun, if you don't know gun safety you are gonna hurt yourself or someone else. Credit Cards also help to build up your credit score. For example, the other day I was offered a 2.25% interest rate for a new car loan, much cheaper than people with mediocre credit and something that could ultimately safe me tons of cash in the long run. Same with purchasing a house, or anything requiring a loan.

There is no reason not to use a credit card, or banks if you know how to do so responsibly. Of course if you are just raging against the system and don't want to support them on principal then I understand. I hate the banking elite but at this moment in history I have no other options.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I use a system that is in place in order to maximize the potential of the funds I have. What alternative is there? how does the money in your safe make money? What other options are there? I allow them to exploit my dollars and they pay me a miniscule interest in exchange.
reply to post by DJM8507

That is why I invest my excess funds in junk silver. Generally old coins. I have a couple other vehicles I invest in, but all of my investments share certain characteristics. 1) High liquidity 2) Well respected as hedges against inflation 3) Portability and 4) Physical ownership. Stocks, bonds and tax liens(my former top choices) do not have these characteristics and all share the characteristic of having zero real value in a long term SHTF scenario.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join