It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'They Live' becoming our reality.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
If you compare the movie 'They Live' with our current economic times you will notice a parallel between the two. All we are missing is an alien invasion to consider this movie as prophecy. This is one of my favorite films of all time, watch at least the first 15 mins and you will see what I mean.

This is the full version on YouTube.

Now when I look at what Obama, the Bush's, and even Clinton did to our economy, I have to think that they are doing it intentionally. Its so obvious, they are either super stupid or they are destroying the economy on purpose! Its not only happening here in the USA, it is happening all over the world.

Today we live in a world where banks can sell your debt without your permission, you are a slave to an unknown master that saps your soul by keeping you in debt. If I can't choose who owns my debt, how can it be a competitive market? Now that I don't have a choice of who holds my debt, they can make changes to it and further sap my soul.

Things that were once illegal are now legal, the stuff that was intended to protect common man from our 'masters'. The stuff that was once legal is now illegal, to protect our unseen 'masters' pocket books from the common man.

Wake up people, we are the slaves of the 'masters' that we are in debt to. This is not how humans were meant to live, this is not freedom.

"The golden rule, he who has the gold makes the rules" -excerpt from the movie.

The alien reality comes later, I am not saying that the world is controlled by aliens. But in the tradition of Ronald Reagan I digress. What could be more alien than the way our leaders treat common man?

I know 'They Live' has been posted about on ATS numerous times but I felt compelled to make more people aware of this amazing movie and the parallels that it draws with our current state of reality.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I see them all the time... its those obama zombies

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Great movie and also it has the greatest fight scene of any movie!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
"I came here to kick a$$ and chew bubble gum...and I'm all outta bubble gum."

That movie is awesome. I'm always describing it to people. Our world is only parallel to it when some lone, straggling-home less guy finds a box full of those glasses though. Where are those damn glasses....

The fight scene was ridiculous! Did you all see the episode of South Park where they made fun of it? "Put ON THE GLASSES!!!!"

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
imho opinion govt policies are based primarily on politicians' getting reelected, and the best way for that is to spend $ in your district and for you supporters, aka special interest groups; thus most pols are more interested in spending money than saving, or being wise stewards.
add to that the unfortunate fact that most politicians have little or no business and real-world experience, but do have college and higher degrees, which means indoctrination from professors with unrealistic left-wing theories that always look good on paper and sound good in duscussions, but never work in the real world.
there's a sort of left-wing cabal of politicians / media / education establishment that hold infinitely more influence than it deserves.
edit on 30-9-2011 by works4dhs because: add phrase

edit on 30-9-2011 by works4dhs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by STEADFast
I see them all the time... its those obama zombies

Listen to your self...

"Put on the GLASSES!!"

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wheelindiehl
Great movie and also it has the greatest fight scene of any movie!

It's a ridiculously long fight scene, I wondered when it was going to stop, took up about a quarter of the movie. Still it's worth a watch.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIGPoJo
If you compare the movie 'They Live' with our current economic times you will notice a parallel between the two. All we are missing is an alien invasion to consider this movie as prophecy. This is one of my favorite films of all time, watch at least the first 15 mins and you will see what I mean.

Now when I look at what Obama, the Bush's, and even Clinton did to our economy, I have to think that they are doing it intentionally. Its so obvious, they are either super stupid or they are destroying the economy on purpose! Its not only happening here in the USA, it is happening all over the world.

Today we live in a world where banks can sell your debt without your permission, you are a slave to an unknown master that saps your soul by keeping you in debt. If I can't choose who owns my debt, how can it be a competitive market? Now that I don't have a choice of who holds my debt, they can make changes to it and further sap my soul.

Things that were once illegal are now legal, the stuff that was intended to protect common man from our 'masters'. The stuff that was once legal is now illegal, to protect our unseen 'masters' pocket books from the common man.

Wake up people, we are the slaves of the 'masters' that we are in debt to. This is not how humans were meant to live, this is not freedom.

The alien reality comes later, I am not saying that the world is controlled by aliens. But in the tradition of Ronald Reagan I digress. What could be more alien than the way our leaders treat common man?

I know 'They Live' has been posted about on ATS numerous times but I felt compelled to make more people aware of this amazing movie and the parallels that it draws with our current state of reality.

OP: Just so you know, I starred and flagged this. I plan on getting ...uhm, relaxed later, while watching this flix. Haven't seen it in forever. I have to do some school work before I can chill with this movie. Good luck on the thread. Should go on for a while.

PS. Reptiloids are definitely not real. If they were, they'd have eaten me by now. Or at least F'ed me.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIGPoJo

OP: Just so you know, I starred and flagged this. I plan on getting ...uhm, relaxed later, while watching this flix. Haven't seen it in forever. I have to do some school work before I can chill with this movie. Good luck on the thread. Should go on for a while.

PS. Reptiloids are definitely not real. If they were, they'd have eaten me by now. Or at least F'ed me.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by chanel

Dang! I swear I saw you with a really well-endowed 7 foot tall reptoid on Vivid!

It was right after the Kim Kardashian Shape Shifting Reptile Queen vid!!
edit on 30/9/11 by RainbeauBleu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I guess the sunglasses could be a metaphor for the phrase we use today such as "Wake up, sheeple" or "Open you eyes". What is going on today isn't really hidden if you just take the time to look. We don't need anything to see how corrupt it is. Just slow down out of the pace your daily lives and it becomes apparent.

I too think this is a systematic collapse we are witnessing. They fix the problems with more problems. Putting us deeper and deeper under monetarily. If you bring us down to our knees then we are already kneeling. That is when they will offer a ultimate solution but you have to do and live as they say. One world control.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The fight scene is indeed a metaphor, It represents the struggle (fight) anyone would have trying to get someone to believe them about this kind of stuff. Not wanting to blow the movie but watch out for the pocket lining/business/freemason/illuminati angle. By the way the female lead has beautiful eyes (contacts probably)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

Her eyes are naturally that way.

2nd.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

imo, those in charge of the USA despise the "lower" classes.

first they destroyed the working class, shipping jobs overseas, the temporary workers with no benefits.
robots got rid of most of what was left of these people.

now it's time to trash the middle class, teachers, firemen, policemen, next to see their benefits disapear.

the financial and political elite beleive that with globalization, america needs it's own third world class of cheap labor.

of course, they forgot who is going to pay taxes for their global military force, the USA is now broke, many of it's people reduced to poverty.

with idiots in charge of our politics for many decades now, our only hope is for this most evil financial system to collapse, and the next generation to start over.

we either rid DC of it's anti social lobbyists, or there is no future worth living for most americans.
the next generation will have to go back to America's 18th century roots.

even though the elites have nuclear weapons, a nuclear war is preferable to the present financial system of slavery.
at least the survivors would be free, and this human elite garbage would lose their wealth and power.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Why doesn't this have a lot of flags? This is pretty much happening right now (sans evil aliens...I think)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
"They Live -..."
The YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated due to multiple third-party notifications of copyright infringement.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: BIGPoJo

Its not the Economy which is the thing to worry about. Its the Environment!!

I've just watched this Film for the first time as it must have slipped passed all those years ago. I was going to start a new thread on it telling all ATS Conspiracy Theorists to go watch it...

Plenty in that Film which resembles today.

new topics

top topics

join