It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Million Protesters to Occupy Wall Street on Oct 5th

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by saber13

You must have misunderstood me; bloodshed is the LAST thing I want to see. However, if you think those who hold the reigns of power are going to suddenly develop a conscience and do what is right because a few people are pissed off, you are sorely mistaken. Did you not see the video of the banksters drinking champagne and laughing at the protesters below while perched on their balcony? They won't give up one bit of money or power until their instincts for self-preservation kick in.
edit on 9/30/2011 by OldCorp because: spellin and punkshoeashion

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by NoAngel2u

You're correct. There is influence from Wall Street.

But do we blame those that peddle influence?

Or the spineless #%@$! that populate DC and aren't strong enough to do what's right?

This explains the bunny: Extreme naivete.

Let me see if I can sum this up.

If a politician betrays his voters, it's not that big of a deal. If you're a republican you ARE NOT going to vote democrat no matter what. And the independents that do switch hit are fickle and can sway back and forth on a whim. Betraying voters barely puts a dent in one's political career.

If a politician betrays the wishes of his donors, especially the likes of Goldman Sachs, his career is OVER. You won't get the funds for your next election, and you probably won't get them ever again. Not only will the betrayed donor never donate again, but all potential donors WILL NOT donate because they know that you don't play ball.

You think lobbyists don't write laws, or wouldn't know how? Most of them are ex-politicians. (that's what happens when a politician is a really good boy, he gets to be a 7 figure lobbyist)

The social issues tend to be a distraction. Don't ask don't tell, whatever, they don't really care either way. It keeps the electorate happy to bicker about this nonsense. And if you don't have an opinion, Hannity will give you one. The social issues are the one thing the asshats in DC can give you.
But when it comes to fiscal policy, holy crap, look at how fast Obama became GWB part 2. More spending, more war, and more Sachs pinning the country down on a pinball machine.

I could go on forever, but if you didn't get the pernt by now then you're just being intentionally obtuse.

And by the way, my spell check didn't flag Goldman Sachs. "SACHS" AIN'T A WORD

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by beezzer

WE are not looking for someone to blame. Where did that huuuge bailout go? Any takers? It wasn't my home address. It wasn't even the mall in Washington. It was the thieves who literally CONTROL the governments movements using the money leash!

We KNOW who to blame.

Yep. The public sector unions. The same people who are promoting this. A large chunk of the stimulus money went to finance the pension funds of the public sector unions. How do you think that the unions can afford to give millions to the DNC. Wake up and see how you are being used!

Your wrong on a couple of things here. He is talking about the bailout Bush gave to wall street and the banks you know the 700+ billion they needed to keep from going under but was used to buy companies, airplanes and give management huge bonuses.. And this started long before the unions even announced the were supporting the protestors. lol blame the unions looks like you need to wake up yourself.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by beezzer

Instead of Wall Street...these folk need to be at the Mall in DC. It's our own Gov't who's causing all this financial angst.

I recently got back into the commodities market with a small sum and have made more money weekly from home than I would working. My initial investment has grown five-fold.

It does make for weird hours though.

But it's money I'm willing to lose. The markets are just another form of gambling.

Agreed! I said this too on another thread where they are discussing the demand list. I also put my 2 cents in about various items on the list. Here is the thread with the list embedded on the first page. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sunsetspawn

Or the spineless #%@$! that populate DC and aren't strong enough to do what's right?

If a politician betrays his voters, it's not that big of a deal. If you're a republican you ARE NOT going to vote democrat no matter what. And the independents that do switch hit are fickle and can sway back and forth on a whim. Betraying voters barely puts a dent in one's political career.

If a politician betrays the wishes of his donors, especially the likes of Goldman Sachs, his career is OVER. You won't get the funds for your next election, and you probably won't get them ever again. Not only will the betrayed donor never donate again, but all potential donors WILL NOT donate because they know that you don't play ball.

You think lobbyists don't write laws, or wouldn't know how? Most of them are ex-politicians. (that's what happens when a politician is a really good boy, he gets to be a 7 figure lobbyist)

The social issues tend to be a distraction. Don't ask don't tell, whatever, they don't really care either way. It keeps the electorate happy to bicker about this nonsense. And if you don't have an opinion, Hannity will give you one. The social issues are the one thing the asshats in DC can give you.
But when it comes to fiscal policy, holy crap, look at how fast Obama became GWB part 2. More spending, more war, and more Sachs pinning the country down on a pinball machine.

I could go on forever, but if you didn't get the pernt by now then you're just being intentionally obtuse.

Obama is a Democrat so what part of Democrats love Goldman Sachs didnt you get?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by JIMC5499

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by beezzer

WE are not looking for someone to blame. Where did that huuuge bailout go? Any takers? It wasn't my home address. It wasn't even the mall in Washington. It was the thieves who literally CONTROL the governments movements using the money leash!

We KNOW who to blame.

Yep. The public sector unions. The same people who are promoting this. A large chunk of the stimulus money went to finance the pension funds of the public sector unions. How do you think that the unions can afford to give millions to the DNC. Wake up and see how you are being used!

Your wrong on a couple of things here. He is talking about the bailout Bush gave to wall street and the banks you know the 700+ billion they needed to keep from going under but was used to buy companies, airplanes and give management huge bonuses.. And this started long before the unions even announced the were supporting the protestors. lol blame the unions looks like you need to wake up yourself.

For the record, I recently discovered that Obama actually diverted about half the funds from the bailout into student loans....if you want the truth...and by the way one of the many demands on this OccupyWallStreet list is a complaint about the high cost of education. Darn it, Michelle complaining about having to pay her Harvard loan is catching on.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by forevertruepatriot
Eventually it will turn violent. it will turn into a full scale revolution. As the support grows, the opposition will toughen their stance. Thats when SHTF. When they see the majority of americans coming at them pissed off.

When the People that protect TPTB start turning on the sides of the people, then we truly can start winning back our planet. Everyone's planet.

They will then have nobody to hide behind. they don't know how to work their own security systems or keep hackers from gaining entrance , or how to fight off attackers or any survival skills.

Once their bodyguards are no-longer, then they have absolutely Zero power.

So once the military and police realize that they will soon be very out numbered, then maybe things will happen.

It could be completely peaceful if we had our way and TPTB were trustworthy.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
So economically speaking, what do you all think would be the best way to hurt the SOB's in charge? Wouldn't it be great if, on a national level, we could do something non-violent, to make them sit up and take notice of us? Can we boycott something or not shop or something? Anything??

I want to help but like most sheeple, I am tied down to my JOB which supports my FAMILY right now. I agree completey with the fact that change is coming and I want to do what I can to help..... I agree they are just looking down from their towers at the people on the street and laughing right now; that needs to END!!!!
edit on 30-9-2011 by DJDigitalGem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Eventually it will turn violent. it will turn into a full scale revolution. As the support grows, the opposition will toughen their stance. Thats when SHTF. When they see the majority of americans coming at them pissed off.

Maybe Mel Gibson could show up, dressed like Braveheart. He could give an inspiring speech and they could get on with lopping some heads off. Jokes aside, there will have to be some martyrs to really get the ball rolling.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85

When the People that protect TPTB start turning on the sides of the people, then we truly can start winning back our planet. Everyone's planet.

They will then have nobody to hide behind. they don't know how to work their own security systems or keep hackers from gaining entrance , or how to fight off attackers or any survival skills.

Once their bodyguards are no-longer, then they have absolutely Zero power.

So once the military and police realize that they will soon be very out numbered, then maybe things will happen.

It could be completely peaceful if we had our way and TPTB were trustworthy.

Im thinking all money would have to become worthless in order for them to lose their power. Otherwise they can pretty much buy off anyone they want. It's doubtful there'd be some ethical epiphany at some point, but we can always hope...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

reply to post by TDawgRex

I just want to echo TDawg's remarks.

How effective is this protest if it just attracts and is sponsored by a narrow element?

Smells like freshly made Koch Tea.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

reply to post by TDawgRex

I just want to echo TDawg's remarks.

How effective is this protest if it just attracts and is sponsored by a narrow element?

Who knows Bizarre? You are in the Tea Party, why don't you tell us?
edit on 30-9-2011 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

based on its Facebook page, are United NY, Strong Economy for All Coalition, Working Families Party, VOCAL-NY, Community Voices Heard, Alliance for Quality Education, New York Communities for Change, Coalition for the Homeless, which have a collective membership of over 1 million.

www.shtfplan.com...

looks like unions are getting involved on the occupy wall street. I don’t know what they’re going to accomplish other then be a nuisance to those in the exchange. Im having a hard time thinking of any "protest" or "March" that really made a difference. Any that have made a difference had some sort of violence involved.

you really think the bankers are going to look out there window and say to themselfs. " wow, look at all the people. lets stop ripping them off" hahah yeah right!
edit on 30-9-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

You might not have been aware of the many people powers that happened in the world. The Philippines successfully kicked Marcos and Estrada out of the presidency by people power. No violence involved. The people were even jolly while protesting.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DJDigitalGem

I've often wondered the same thing--isn't there something that we can do? I feel like we could make such an impact with our spending decisions, but it really would take some unity to really make them stand up and take notice.

I guess the one little thing that I plan to do to make an effort on my own is to look into moving my money from my bank to a local credit union. I hear that can make an impact if we all did that.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jenk1013
reply to post by DJDigitalGem

I've often wondered the same thing--isn't there something that we can do? I feel like we could make such an impact with our spending decisions, but it really would take some unity to really make them stand up and take notice.

I guess the one little thing that I plan to do to make an effort on my own is to look into moving my money from my bank to a local credit union. I hear that can make an impact if we all did that.

Yes, pull out of the banks and join a credit union... or you can stuff in in your mattress - or bury it in a jar in your backyard... It's your money that they play with, take away the toys - let them know who is in charge...
Know who your congresspeople are, send them a message (most have web-sites if not facebook page), "Step out of line and you're fired".
Talk with your friends in a calm cool manner explain what WE have to do, no need to bash anyone in the head with a ton of info and words, as everyone knows where they are at in the economic situation (plus, a lot of info becomes confusing to some folks might seem scary or threatening).
Keep it non-political and about WE the People and what WE need to do (not want to do). It's our money and our country.
If it is kept non-political and about US then no one can co-opt it and turn it into a strategy or an agenda of their own. Don't allow it to be linked to anothers message.
Only the message that it is OUR country, OUR money and OUR lives that they screw with and they answer to us because WE have the power not them.
Is it class war-fare? No. They can join everybody else too.
Is it a struggle for domination? Only to rid ourselves of being dominated by those who interests lie only with themselves. Let's make it OUR new world order.

"People Have the Power", by Patti Smith

"...I was dreaming in my dreaming of an aspect bright and fair
and my sleeping it was broken but my dream it lingered near
in the form of shining valleys where the pure air recognized
and my senses newly opened I awakened to the cry
that the people have the power to redeem the work of fools
upon the meek the graces shower it's decreed the people rule
The People have the Power...
Vengeful aspects became suspect and bending low as if to hear
and the armies ceased advancing because the people had their ear
and the shepherds and the soldiers then they lay among the stars
exchanging visions and laying arms to waste in the dust
in the form of shining valleys where the pure air recognized
and my senses newly opened I awakened to the cry
People have the Power...
Where there were deserts I saw fountains like cream the waters rise
and we strolled there together with none to laugh or criticize
and the leopard and the lamb lay together truly bound
I was hoping in my hoping to recall what I had found
I was dreaming in my dreaming - G-d knows a purer view
as I lay down to my sleeping I commit my dream to you
People have the Power...
The power to dream to rule, to wrestle the Earth from fools
it's decreed the people rule - it's decreed the people rule
(now listen)
I believe everything we dream can come to pass through our union
we can turn the world around, we can turn the Earth's revolution
we have the power
People have the Power ..."

edit on 1-10-2011 by trika3000 because: PLAT IT LOUD

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by trika3000

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

You have to start somewhere ,and it's on .
I have an occupy starting in my town,and I plan on being there.

www.facebook.com...

Welcome to OCCUPY TOGETHER, an unofficial hub for all of the events springing up across the country in solidarity with Occupy Wall St. As we have followed the news on facebook, twitter, and the various live feeds across the internet, we felt compelled to build a site that would help spread the word as more protests organize across the country. We hope to provide people with information about events that are organizing, ongoing, and building across the U.S. as we, the 99%, take action against the greed and corruption of the 1%.

www.occupytogether.org...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Here is a good start on demands.

"No person, corporation or business entity of any type, domestic or foreign, shall be allowed to contribute money, directly or indirectly, to any candidate for Federal office or to contribute money on behalf of or opposed to any type of campaign for Federal office. Notwithstanding any other provision of law, campaign contributions to candidates for Federal office shall not constitute speech of any kind as guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution or any amendment to the U.S. Constitution. Congress shall set forth a federal holiday for the purposes of voting for candidates for Federal office."

www.occupytogether.org...

Any other ideas to add to the list of demands?
edit on 1-10-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by Sunsetspawn

Obama is a Democrat so what part of Democrats love Goldman Sachs didnt you get?

I will attempt to decipher this semi-retarded sentence.

Okay, in the first four words you're stating that Obama is a democrat. Good job! You get four stars. ATS wouldn't get anywhere without you.

Now, your next "part," if you can call it that, says "so what part of Democrats love Goldman Sachs didn't you get." This portion of what I can loosely call a sentence seems to imply that I wasn't aware of the close ties between Sachs and the DNC. Of course, you might be attempting to be facetious, although I guess I clearly don't have the intellect to understand your superior genius. Maybe you should reread what I wrote and point out to me where I implied that the democrats aren't tied to Sachs. Go ahead, I'll wait...

There we go, so now that you've reread what I wrote, you clearly understand that a key point that I was making is that the DEMOCRATS are to blame just as much, if not more than the Republicans. Way to understand english. So why are they more guilty of taking corporate bribes to write laws? Because they PRETEND to be for the "common man." At least Republicans don't lie about effing us in the ass, they just claim that with a little hard work, you could be one of the ones doing the effing.

Yes I'm mocking you, and I'm doing so because you clearly have no idea what's going on.
Stupidity, or trolling, on ATS is severely hampering the ability to have intelligent discourse.
edit on 10/1/2011 by Sunsetspawn because: mustn't

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join