It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adult Truths

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Adult Truths

These are my top ten adult truths.

1/ Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

2/ Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.

3/ You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

4/ I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page technical report that I swear I did not make any changes to.

5/ I think the freezer deserves a light as well.

6/ How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word they said.

7/ I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brother and sisters, don't give a inch !

8/ Bad decisions make great stories.

9/ I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.

10/ I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.

Can any of you think of anymore ?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Mondays are a awful way to spend 1/7th of your life.. But on the other hand, you have different fingers..
edit on 30-9-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Never pass up an opportunity to pee and never trust a fart.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
Never pass up an opportunity to pee and never trust a fart.

These are all great!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I don't know if you get this where you are, but this series of gently amusing programmes are often shown around Christmas in the UK. This one's on the Nanny State...

edit on 30-9-2011 by BruceWayne because: to add

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Pain and suffering are leaning experiences. Use them wisely.

All arguments are built upon assumptions. Few assumptions are all that reasonable.

Fair weather friends are irrelevant, but they're heart-candy.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Trust no one...until they prove you wrong.

A loser is not someone who tries and fails......a loser is someone who fails to try.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Never argue with a mad woman, even if you know your right.

You'll seldom find any Left wing advocate for the poor within smelling distance of them.

In politics, the truth is often more a matter of what is left out rather than what is actually said.

When all is said and done, much more is said than done.

Don't sweat the petty stuff and vice-versa.

A friend in need is an opportunity, a needy friend is a liability.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
My dating profile now that I'm not all young and delusional....

I'm a Handful...I'm strong-willed, independent, and outspoken. I make mistakes. I am sometimes out of control, and at times hard to handle - but if you can't handle me at my worst, you sure don't deserve my best.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMaverick
Adult Truths

These are my top ten adult truths.

1/ Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

2/ Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.

3/ You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

4/ I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page technical report that I swear I did not make any changes to.

5/ I think the freezer deserves a light as well.

6/ How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word they said.

7/ I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brother and sisters, don't give a inch !

8/ Bad decisions make great stories.

9/ I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.

10/ I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.

Can any of you think of anymore ?

I like # 6, my wife does not...

edit on 30-9-2011 by colbyforce because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
My dating profile now that I'm not all young and delusional....

I'm a Handful...I'm strong-willed, independent, and outspoken. I make mistakes. I am sometimes out of control, and at times hard to handle - but if you can't handle me at my worst, you sure don't deserve my best.

As long as you know how to say you're sorry and admit when you're wrong...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
25,000 days.....
This is the average span of time for our existence. Cherish it, love, forgive, make your mark in the world.
Wear someone else shoes before judging.
One love....

Peace,
spec
edit on 30-9-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by colbyforce

Always M'Dear....

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BruceWayne

Dear BruceWayne

I just had to reply, that was brilliant, frightening but truly brilliant.

True but truly brilliant.

Have you got any more??????

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
We always tye our best knots when we untie our shoes

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I don't have to be right.

It's okay to be wrong.

Everything is always exactly the way it's supposed to be; the Universe doesn't make mistakes.

Ohio State sucks.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
*Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

*When making love to music, always choose a live album. The applause is a real morale booster.

*That awkward moment when you're at a red light and glance at the driver next to you and
find them already staring at you.

*Come to terms with it: We live in a world where pizza gets to your house faster than the police.

*Banks are places that will lend you money, provided you can prove without a shadow of a
doubt that you don't need it.

*NEVER... under any circumstance take a laxative and a sleeping pill on the same night.

*Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

*Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than speak and remove all doubt.
edit on 30-9-2011 by Garkiniss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

My glass is almost always half full!!! However, the milk is often rotten

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I like one that an ATS member said in one of his posts,and I wish I could remember who it was..

went along the lines of..

"If voting would actually make a difference it would be illegal"

heres one that stuck out in my mind from years ago

"Smart people learn from their mistakes...really smart people learn from others mistakes"

<<   2 >>

join