It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden Refinery Caverns

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

It really is common. Natural, man-made, even salt domes that have been hollowed out by continuously circulating water through a deposit to dissolve the salt and then pumping in diesel. It's all been done.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Britx

I was un-aware of this myself, the person I refer to Is my grandmother.. (and no, she’s not old and losing her mind.. she 58 and as healthy as a horse LOL) She worked for sun for 22 Years.. before they “didn’t need her anymore”, Which just so happened to be after a week period where there was a inventory discretion of the caverns, not a lot.. but still a discretion.. She didn’t care she didn’t want to work there anymore anyway.. and she was let go with her full pension.. so she was fine with that…

ANYWAY, She worked in the refinery making sure that the inventory for the caverns stayed the same. Shes says they were used as a reserve.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Britx

I was at Sunoco in 2007 doing some work on their CO boiler and they lost off site power. The flame from the ground flare was about 500' high and lasted for about ten minutes! It was something.

You should ask her if she remembers that.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

They let her go in 2005, but I live relativley close and alot of her friends still work there so I will ask her... Sounds like it was crazy, there was an explosion in 09 I forget what it was... but I know it was deemed "Safe".

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join