It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A couple things that are bothering me.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Yeah, I know what you're thinking, you see it's a "rant" then look at the username and go, " Oh, ####" (any generic 4 letter word) "What is going through the mind of that pain in the ###" (very specific 3 letter word.) Well, it's been a while since my last Rant and seeing as it's good for the soul, and 4:45am, I have two things that are mutually exclusive that are bothering me.

I am seeing a trend lately that people put up posts, members reply, sometimes with a lot of research done, only to get the response "I was joking. Can't you tell satire?" NO I CAN'T UNLESS YOU PUT SOMETHING THERE THAT LET'S ME KNOW IT'S A JOKE. It isn't that hard, just a "sarc" or put these two things together : D Get it. If you've got the balls to put it out there, back it up. If you don't, back off, maybe Neopets is your best bet.

2- This is a courtesy issue. Responding to u2u's. It doesn't take a lot, but it means a lot. Is 30 seconds out of the rest of your life too much to ask. I get random u2u's all the time. If I can't answer the question I'll try to send the person in the right direction. I sent a u2u to a member that I hadn't had dialog with before, over something trivial, he sent back "hehe." That was enough, acknowledgement of info sent. I've gotten
that's enough. U2u's are a way to send info one on one. If they aren't responded to then, if the issue is big enough, it's going to land into the lap of a mod, or on the board. I have seen, many times, people say "You could have handled that u2u." I've said that myself. BUT when u2u's are not responded to, it will make it to the board.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Yeah. I know what you mean. Like this post here. It's stuff like this that has made me weary of giving out detailed info. ever since. Once in a while I do but mostly I don't anymore because of this kind of idiotic behaviour. In this post, a respected poster like Gazrok just wasted his efforts.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Bumping, why? I think it's important. I'll take the 20 point deduction.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Know what else is a damn shame? How every writer in this place has to bump his or her story like a MILLION times before they get noticed. Even then, it's hard to make sure you get exposure. There's so much talent on this board.

DE

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Dues- I agree! No one ever gets recognition for their writings, it really bugs me....especially because my stories don't get replied to either and I have to add around 50 new posts to them so that maybe SOMEONE will pay attention. There is an overflowing amount of talent, seems like it should be recognized.

Oh and I agree intrepid- I love getting and recieving u2u's...but when I don't get a reply back I feel like a bogey.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Yeah, we had something there on that "Today I" post. Know wot happened? You can look at the view count and say it's been ignored, jsut like a lot of other solid posts.

As for teh U2U thing, it's just plain kind to respond. DO IT.

DE

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
It fels so good to be back on ATS...I've been astray for over 2 months. And gues what Dues? BAM! I'm adding a new post to the Today I thread. Back up on the charts my friend.

new topics

top topics

join