It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake Threads...Why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I am getting sick and tired of people creating a thread with some crazy title like "Shill inside-proof, and Explosion, or Earthquake" somewhere in the title. Upon clicking on the link we find some person on the other end of the horn yelling-Ha you sheeple are too easy to trick

First off-this is a news forum, of course anyone will click on a headline because that's what news is.
Second if you're on this web site (ATS) then you are just like us-looking for exciting and unexplained news.

We need to just not post any reply, flag or star these threads which don't contribute to ATS, or the global conspiracy forums.

I love how amazed these little kids seem in their posts, here a "Top Topic" right now...pathetic it got that far:

Just had to look didnt you?
man you guys are so easy to control.

this is my introduction and you better be on your toes because I not only read you like a book, I chew rumble gum and spit for distance.

Did I mention I am < censored > with a < censored > in < censored >

lucky for you I am paranoid or my verbosity would prove I am actually < censored > from < definitely censored >

I think I said too much already

close the lights on your way out

I was never here

move along

How does a post like this disrupt our daily news? Why don't they say in the headline "I'm a chronic liar". So basically what these people are saying is that we are all so gullible that if a newspaper said "Earthquake Warning" we would all pick up the paper because we're stupid?
Apparently the above post is from a 12 year old kid who can't determine the difference between truth and fact, so he is mocking our intelligence.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
So lets just fill the whole forum with kids posting crap like that, and then every link we click on will be a joke on us...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

Well firstly this is a conspiracy website, rather than a news website and secondly this is in the wrong forum

Apart from that, yes I agree trolling is pretty pathetic.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I guess I don't see what the big deal is. It wasn't in a news thread, it was an introduction. And it did get peoples attention. I guess that's why I look at what type of thread before opening. Like yours.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

I know it's in the wrong place-mods can you move me to rant?
I just clicked on "New Topic" while reading that kids thread, I was so mad at reading these day by day, sorry.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

It is a news website as well. Other wise every "news article" that was posted in a thread would mean this site automatically makes it a conspiracy. Even if the article was about hamsters fighting to the death.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Give the guy a chance he'll make more I'm sure-once a troller always a troller.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandettas

Exaclty

This just happens very frequently on here, I have read the same dumb opening by 100 people in various threads, and they all begin with: You guys are so easy to trick dahur...I wrote meteor crashed into New York City and you guys believed me...

Really? Of course we want to see this, because 99% of the time threads on ATS are from news sources like BBC, MSN, CNN, and so on. The threads that open up a "question", or "an idea" are the ones where the people of ATS use their expertise i.e., geologists give their 2 cents, graphic designers analyze a photo, or a physician recommends some sort of healing treatment-that's what I love about ATS, it's way more than a simple forum, it's a community involvement in the search for the truth. If it's wrong everyone here will do your research and call you out (they love it). Bring out something new the people here will flag and star you for your incredible find/philosophy.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
This place has the "Facebook" mentality. Advertising is central and having users contribute is most important to their financial success. It's logical to assume that when you rely on user contributed content, trolls and spammers will show up to ruin the show.

To think this place is really all about conspiracies shows how gullible you all are. This place is about money, conspiracies are the subject they latched onto in hopes of gaining some win-fall. So, when you click a link and are severely disappointed, remember, this is a forum where the owners make cash, not a news source for you to rely on.

This place can be fun, try not to take it too seriously. Maybe it's already too late for that...
I am sure the 1mb download of the text/graphics of that topic won't put you over your ISP limits, so click something else and move along. Posting about them is as bad as reading their posts.
edit on 30-9-2011 by EspyderMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by EspyderMan

I think the owner(s) started this site with good intentions, and still hold their values true. They are probably pretty proud at how this site turned out.

BUT---Since you're calling out Mbps, how do you think the owners of ATS could have so much bandwidth? How could a person pay for such a large server? Um...by mass advertisements, that's how. I don't expect them to pay for this site out of pocket, I bet this site has a server with 36 GB of ram, and so on.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

If you have a problem with a new member posting in the introductions forum, please use the alert tab to bring your complaint forward.

Also ATS does not allow threads about threads ie the quote you used in your OP, and this thread is also posted to the introductions forum.
That makes it off topic.

Thread closed

Sauron
Super-Moderator

top topics

join