It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO threatens to open fire at Kosovo barricades

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

NATO threatens to open fire at Kosovo barricades

rt.com

NATO’s force in Kosovo said it will shoot to kill anyone who crosses a barricaded area near the disputed checkpoint on Serbia's border with Kosovo, as the standoff there threatens to turn into a conflict.

The crossing, formerly controlled by Serbia, was seized by Kosovo police backed by the alliance two weeks ago, reports RT’s Aleksey Yaroshevsky.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Well it seems like we are at brink of war now, A singel provocation can spark an all out war in This Region ,

Its really odd that the so called President of Serbia Boris tadic is so quiete about this event, i mean any normal country would start mobilize their army and reservs (Jarinje is check point on the so called "Boarder" administration line or whatsoever)

Sorry if my English is not so good

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
What did I say many weeks ago? Don't watch the Middle East, keep your eye on the Balkans and East Europe!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Vozda

Seems like no-one cares or is interested unless America are the center of focus (Sigh). We really are an ignorant species. < (I wish to retract that, can someone teach me how to put a score through it as opposed to deleting it?)

Can I ask you who will be on the end of NATO's strike should someone go close to the Kosovo barricade? Serbs, yes?

What is the majority nationality of the Kosovans? Who owns the territory? Serbs, Croats or Bosnians?

Sorry for the stupid questions but i'm unfamiliar with Kosovan history. But I know a little about the break up of Yugoslavia. Serbs, Croats and Bosnians don't get along, am I right?

I hope that it will all pass peacefully.

PS: Your English is fine.
edit on 30-9-2011 by Chipkin9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Serbia is threatening American drug business in Kosovo.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Chipkin9

Kosovo is Serbian, but over-flooded by Albanians (birth rate 5,9 children per family) plus illegal immigrants from Albania, and long time neglected by politicians. In the end, Serbs were expelled from Kosovo, except for a small number in the north. Eventually, NATO took Kosovo from Serbia and created a state which is financed by Albanian narcomafia (very strong in New York)... Just figure it.

Situation is similar in southern American states, with majority of Mexican immigrants and the growing problem coming with that.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Serbs have been getting a raw deal since Yugoslavia broke up. Personally i'd like to see Russia back them with more than words. But sadly i don't see that happening anytime soon.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog
Serbs have been getting a raw deal since Yugoslavia broke up. Personally i'd like to see Russia back them with more than words. But sadly i don't see that happening anytime soon.

I think it's Russia which sticks to the idea that Serbia should not cross river Drina (border with Bosnia) because Russians consider Serbia their sphere of interest. In the recent two centuries Serbia was always prevented (by assassinating its leaders) to make closer connections with the West.

In Yalta, 1945, Yugoslavia was split 50-50 between Western Allies and USSR. It is still a valid deal.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
What did you expect from NATO and US?
I'm from Kosovo and i was there when they shot at us.We were protesting in peace,and all of the sudden we heard gun shots and we start running.Unfortunately,7 people were injured,including my friend.
I thought,the world media will report this as NATO attack on Serbs,but i was surprise when i saw that none of the major medias didn't report this!

And when they finally did,they said the Serbs were guilty because they attacked KFOR..

Lies,lies and lies.I am tired of lies!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

Thx.

I was doing a bit of reading on it...but I still don't understand NATO's involvement. The whole thing reeks of NATO conpiracy and power implementation.

Albania I learned is a mostly Muslim nation, so there seems to be religion behind the strife again! Oh and NATO.

Funny how they always "show up" in times of contention.

Edit to add: Key witness found dead. Read that.

So a witness who was to testify against the Albanian prime minister for war crimes conveniently shows up dead? The plot thickens. Things are more rife than I thought.

This is a conpiracy if ever there was conspiracy.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Russia sat back and did nothing when Nato bombed the Serbs clear out of Kosvo. In my opinion the Serbs had that war won if not for Nato's bombing campaign. Russia has never given the Serbs anything but empty promises, sad in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by lokdog

Russia was against NATO attack on Serbia,but they couldn't do anything.
Every member of NATO was for bombing Serbia,not to mention US.
If Russia did something,it would probably cause another World War...

And how can't you see it people?
What was Serbia back then,Libya is now.
Think about that!

That's why i call NATO a terrorist organization.They did much worst things than Al Qaeda.
edit on 30-9-2011 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Cant say every member bomber Serbia, Greece and Poland didnt.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Vozda

Pozdrav brate

I meant every powerful countries were for bombing.
Sad,very sad.It was one of the worst period of my life...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chipkin9

Thx.

I was doing a bit of reading on it...but I still don't understand NATO's involvement. The whole thing reeks of NATO conpiracy and power implementation.

Albania I learned is a mostly Muslim nation, so there seems to be religion behind the strife again! Oh and NATO.

Funny how they always "show up" in times of contention.

Edit to add: Key witness found dead. Read that.

So a witness who was to testify against the Albanian prime minister for war crimes conveniently shows up dead? The plot thickens. Things are more rife than I thought.

This is a conpiracy if ever there was conspiracy.

Albania is a little different from Kosovo. Albanians in Kosovo are mostly Muslim, but there are many Christians in Albania itself. All other nations from Kosovo were expelled: Roma, Turks, Bosnians. Some parts of Kosovo are now empty.

The situation goes back in history, dictated by world powers. In mid 19th century, Bosnia was liberated from Turks, by Serbs, as well as parts of Serbia. But, on Berlin Congress 1878, Bosnia was given to Austria as protectorate. Austria/Hungaria annexed Bosnia in 1908. In 1914 prince Ferdinand was assassinated in Sarajevo, when Austria was showing up with big military exercise. This led to WW I, but wasn't the only cause, of course. In WW I, million and half Serbs were murdered by occupying forces from Austria (1/3 of the whole nation). People were hanged along the roads on trees. Very long rows of gallows.

After Tito's Yugoslavia fell apart, Serbs in Bosnia tried to revise this historical outcome, but today's leading powers prevented it. More than million Serbs from Bosnia and Croatia, and later from Kosovo were forced to leave their homes. All with help from NATO, and Russian quiet acclaim.

In Bosnia there is about million + the so called Bosniaks (I guess, Serbs in Bosnia are also Bosniaks?), who are of Muslim confession, mostly Serbs who accepted Islam under Turkish rule. They don't consider themselves Serbs any more. During latest war in Bosnia, Muslims also received help from mujahedin. This can be easily googled. A Markale massacre in Sarajevo was set up to accuse Serbs of criminal murder of civilians. Even the British and UN admitted it couldn't have been caused by one single mortar grenade, it had to be planted explosive.

There are many thing we shall never know for sure, but the truth is slowly coming up. However, Serbs are definitely losers here and the damage cannot be repaired.

USA and NATO knew what was going on around Srebrenica and they actually wanted Muslims from Srebrenica to be sacrificed, so they can later bomb the hell out of Serbs. Many criminal groups were allowed to act there and commit atrocities, on both sides. This is also coming out from people directly involved in UN/NATO operation.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Nikola014

As a Russian, I am deeply ashamed for the Russian government in that it did not step in and help Serbia, in 1999. Yes, there was a threat of a larger confrontation between Russia and NATO - but that threat was very unlikely. Chances are NATO would have stayed away if Russia had shown up with even a moderately sizeable force. NATO wanted Serbia broken apart, but it did not want it so much that it would risk a confrontation with Russia (even as weak as Russia was in 1999).

I do know that many top politicians in Russia favored supporting Serbia, to a point of even sending troops there. According to several Russian generals, they already had a plan in place to position troops and equipment in key positions in Serbia right before NATO's attack. Supposedly there were already several transport planes loaded up and ready to go, including planes with VDV troops (Russian Airborne Troops) and possibly a GRU battalion (Spetsnaz). The confirmation to start the deployment never came from Moscow however. The generals were ready to send the forces anyway, but at the last moment Bulgaria and Romania blocked the request from the Russians to use their airspace. Most likely NATO knew of these preparations, and put pressure on them.

This same course of events was again repeated during the Pristina Incident ( en.wikipedia.org... ), where the Russians again were ready to deploy, and again Bulgaria and Romania blocked the use of their airspace.

There was also increased presence of Russian intelligence, including military advisors already on the ground in Belgrade. Russians also had submarines in the Mediterranean, trailing NATO's aircraft carriers and fleet. These included the Oskar II class submarines, and several of them might have went undiscovered by NATO for the duration of deployment.

One of the main problems that prevented a Russian deployment was also Yeltsin. He was still interested in making deals with US. Additionally Russia was getting ready to launch a new military operation in Chechnya, which became the Second Chechne War. Likely Yeltsin made a deal with the US that the US will be less vocal in its protests of the war in Chechnya, and Russia will stay out of Kosovo.

In hindsight, Russia should have stood its group and supported Serbia. As the Incident in Pristina has shown, NATO was very cautious of confronting Russia. If there was a bigger Russian deployment, NATO of course could still overpower it - but it would not risk it. NATO would have not carried out the bombing campaign, if they knew Russian troops were stationed in the targeted areas.

I am also somewhat disappointed that Russia did not do anything when US granted independence to Kosovo, although I understand that by then it was too late - Kosovo was firmly in NATO's grip and the time to act has passed. My only hopes are that if, or rather when the conflict in Kosovo restarts, that Russia will back the Serbs. Russia is the only one who could back them at this point. If no one steps up to NATO, then the hope for neutral and independent Europe (what is left of it) has passed. They will finish what they started in the Balkans, even if they will cause massive bloodshed and violate international laws in doing so.

edit on 30-9-2011 by maloy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Vozda

Everyone forget about this guy?

-----------> Josip Broz Tito

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I've heard that Serbian reservists have gotten the call up in recent days aswell.

Serbia no matter what will never allow Kosovo to succeed....to the last Serb if necessary. The US wouldnt like Japan annexing Hawaii so why should they be allowed to do the very same in Europe?

There was an incident during the Yugoslav conflict where Nato troops were deployed to an airport...I beleive they were British and Russian troops had just landed there....both sides shat themselves because they knew of the implications of going head to head.

Note this.....If Putin was in Power when the Yugoslav conflict happened in the early to mid 90's it would have been a different kettle of fish.

This area always has and will be a flashpoint for further regional conflict.....

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by maloy

I don't have that kind of information,but i know that when Serbs(including myself) fight with Bosnians there was a lot of Russian volunteers that fight side by side with Serbs.We'll never forget that!
Russia did a lot to help Serbia.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

Well, the last couple of weeks (2 weeks now) there is a constant fly over of Military plane such as Orao ( in formation), Super galeb (in formation) and paratrooper transport plane from pancevo An-26B and One MiG have been seen

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join