It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions of honey bees killed in apparent poisoning

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by UniverSoul

None yet. I checked the Micco local news, but nothing. I even checked the comments under the original article for any clues or interesting tidbits, but nobody has commented.

Honestly, the wait to hear what they determine is killing me! I'm guessing we don't hear anything until at least Thursday or Friday. If not then and we still don't hear something the following week, I'll contact the beekeepers in the article and personally ask if they have been told anything. Florida, like California, has too many year round crops to let this slip by without explanation.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I would say sabotage.

If the bees die we lose the ability to grow food. Crops are simply not capable of growing without bees to pollinate them.

Convenient isn't it? Those of you who thought you were going to create a garden and grow your own food, you can forget it if they get their way.

TPTB are now targeting bee's as far as I'm concerned, they're hitting us where it hurts.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

i wish they would give more info, it might not intrest a lot of people but its a very worrying issue..

i wonder if we will even hear anything else from the media.
good work it will be intresting to see if the keepers can even open their mouths about it..

i think the potential from a problem like this (if it continues) could be very dire
edit on 1-10-2011 by UniverSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by L00kingGlass

Considering that killing bees will destroy the pollination system and starve everyone on the planet, that's rather cutting off 'their' noses to spite their faces, don't you think? If you were the evil supervillain, is that how you'd exert control over the masses? Let's look at this realistically, based on the evidence already available. The most likely explanation is an unintended (or disregarded) synergy caused by a combination of pollutants, pesticides and industrialised honey production.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
It's definitely a strategical attack with one specific target.

Maybe some of the townsfolk were getting fed up with being stun so they got together and..?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Think of the chaos that can ensue if no bees are available to pollenate crops. Plants don't reproduce, animals don't eat, and we don't survive.

This article implies the bees in Florida dying from mosquito-pesticide-spraying.

The mysterious honeybee apocalypse: Up to 12 million bees found dead and dying in Florida and no one knows whyBy Michael Zennie

Last updated at 6:05 PM on 3rd October 2011

Honeybee carcasses coated the ground around hundreds of Florida beehives after a mysterious massacre claimed millions of bees and mutilated a way of life for local bee keepers.
Experts have ruled out 'colony collapse disorder' and the bee keepers suspect that their bees were poisoned with pesticide. ...No one can tell yet what killed as many as 12 million bees from 800 hives this week in Brevard County, on central Florida's Atlantic coast.
Dead: Charles Smith, a Florida bee keeper, says millions of his bees were mysteriously poisoned this week
The massive bee die-off has stung Charles Smith, whose Smith Family Honey Company lost $150,000 worth of bees.
'I'm a pretty tough guy but it is heart wrenching,' he told News 13 in Orlando. 'Not only is it a monetary loss here, but we work really hard on these bees to keep them in good health.'
Smith scooped up handfuls of dead bees that littered the ground around his hives. The bees he raises go to farmers around the country to pollinate numerous crops, he said.

Carcasses: Dead bees litter the ground around the hives where they once thrived
The bee deaths show the tell-tale signs of pesticide poising, experts said. State officials are testing dead bees to determine exactly what killed them.

The Brevard County Sheriff's Office is investigating the deaths, which spanned 30 sites in a mile-and-a-half radius, as a possible crime.

'The fact that it was so widespread and so rapid, I think you can pretty much rule out disease,' Bill Kern, a University of Florida entomologist, told Florida Today. 'It happened essentially almost in one day. Usually diseases affect adults or the brood, you don’t have something that kills them both.'
No disease: Experts have ruled out "colony collapse disorder" as the cause of death
So-called 'colony collapse disorder' has killed bees in millions of hives around the world, but the effects of that disease are more gradual and the bees typically leave the hive before they die, Kern said.

County officials sprayed mosquito-killing pesticide from the air last week, though they said the poison dissipates quickly and should not have harmed the bees. '

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jsfad

Thanks for adding that information!

I checked the Micco local news today and there haven't been any updates yet. The Orlando Sentinel hasn't reported on any findings from the test results either.

I'll keep checking.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I'm still awaiting the test results to show in the news, but I thought I'd post this letter that was in the Micco local news today. It's good to know that the paper/website is publishing reader's letters on this subject.

Letter: Story about bees in Micco makes me wonder about oddity in Washington County

Florida officials are investigating how millions of honey bees were killed in Micco

I live in Washington County. The story about the investigation into how millions of bees were killed in Micco caught my eye, because recently we had something happen I never saw before.

We have an elm tree in our yard. For two days in September it was covered with hundreds of honey bees. Then, they disappeared. We'd never before seen them in the tree's 4-year life.

www.tcpalm.com...

I've never heard of bees swarming on a tree before. Have any of you?

In the meantime, I'll keep posting any and all info I find regarding the Brevard County bee deaths.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
This is interesting.
I was just watching Channel 9 news and they reported that Cocoa, which is in Brevard County, is not going to be conducting aerial mosquito spraying on Friday and Saturday nights anymore. I didn't catch the entire report, but I'm going to see if I can find an article about this.

Funny that they're suddenly limiting mosquito spraying while the bee death investigation is still underway.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I do believe this is sabotage, I also believe it is being done as a terrorist act... I have the same belief for the wild fires and a few other things as well... War can be fought on many diff levels, think about it, ask yourself how certain increases can be justified in the ways they have been... And no, if they already believe this, and are looking into it we would probably not know it yet... This is true if it is so, for various reasons.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Here's the article, but it doesn't mention anything about not spraying on Friday and Saturday nights. It only states that they're trying to determine which areas are priority.
The basic premise of the article is that the recent rains are causing them to ramp up their fight against the mosquitos.
www.wftv.com...

It will be interesting to see if any more bee/hives fall victim to their spraying. I also find it suspect that the televised news stated that the mosquito spraying won't be done on the nights that most people are out and about. If it's so safe, even though it stinks, why should it matter? Right?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 5StarOracle

You're absolutely right when you say that it's a terrorist act.
I often wonder with the entire "green" movement why they don't start doing more natural ways to control insects such as breeding dragonflies and releasing them.
If we're trying to be nature friendly, you'd think removing toxic chemicals from our environment would be the first thing on the list.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Well, no news or updates yet, but I did just send an email to Florida's Department of Agriculture asking if the test results are in and, if not, when they're anticipating them to be concluded. I also asked if the results would be released to the news and media outlets.

I'll be sure to post again if and when I receive a reply.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Well, I just received thei reply and they've requested I contact:
Apiary Inspection Assistant Chief: Jerry Hayes Gerald.Hayes@freshfromflorida.com
352-372-3505 ext. 128

I'll go ahead and do that now and will post any information I receive from Mr. Hayes.

Stay tuned....

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
This is the response I've just received:

Ms. *****, I have been told that the 'chemical' analysis of all of the samples will be completed next week. Until that is on the table it is all just a guess. Thank you. Jerry Hayes

This is the only question he chose to respond to, which is fine.

Here is the email I sent him:
I have been told by the Florida Department of Agriculture that you are the man who can answer my questions regarding the recent mass bee die-offs in Brevard County.

Since reading the article in the Orlando Sentinel, I’ve been patiently awaiting word of the tests’ results and was wondering if your department has any answers yet.
If you haven’t received the results yet, when are you anticipating they’ll be in?
Will the results be released to the news and media outlets?
Have there been any further mass bee die-offs in Brevard or any other county since September 30th?
Are officials still holding onto the belief that the bees were poisoned?
I did see an article stating that aerial mosquito spraying was going to increase in Brevard County. Has mosquito spraying been ruled out as a potential cause for the bees’ deaths?

Since reading the article in the Orlando Sentinel, I’ve been patiently awaiting word of the tests’ results and was wondering if your department has any answers yet.

I'm very happy that he's responded to let me know that the test results should be in next week.

I can't wait!!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I just emailed him again. It was so nice of him to reply within a half hour of receiving my email. Alas, no new info.

My email to him:

Hi, Jerry.

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I have been watching the news for updates about the bee deaths, but hadn't seen anything. Can you tell me if the test results were able to provide any answers? Have you or anyone else come to any conclusions as to what may have caused the mass die off?

Thanks in advance for your time.

His reply:

Nothing was found that would implicate Mosquito control. Still looking. Thanks. Jerry

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I come from a different angle, in regards to the death of the bees where by I say is due to the Magnetosphere decline, the bees are one of the most sensitive insects susceptible to such spikes in or the lack of magnetic stability

It is for this, that some ancient Temples kept bees and also the Knights of the Templar, they feature in ancient history, and that its said they make the Royal honey, for the Royal couple, being the Solar King and the Luna Queen, being the Queen of mists, this then looks like this

Electromagnetics @nominal lux
----------------------------------------
HydroH2o@ Atomic (6) @ full distortion
= the Royal Honey, being Gravity

Nostradamus also points out the precise above equation within depiction of his Rose cryptic, and uses this analogy as a warning to mankind, that the death of the bees would be the sign that would be seen to warn of the coming magnetic decline, and further that this would only affect the Northern Hemisphere

And I can tell you that Australian bee keepers are flat out trying to keep up with your bee population decline, and I also point out that the shape of the honey comb is that of the crystallography of the magnetic stone on earth that of Carborundum or the Sapphire carbon 666

To this,I am not altogether convinced, they are being poisoned, this I feel comes from a lack of knowledge or the precise evidence, not being found, or conclusive

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
FWIW...I use natural beeswax in some items in my line of all natural spa products...today my order for 1 lb. of natural organic beeswax was $14.78. Raw organic honey, which I use a lot of...has gone through the roof. The local bee keepers I like to buy from, are all hurting due to bee loss over this past year

edit on 7-12-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-12-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I think it has something to do with the oil spill. Petrochemicals finally leaking up to the eastern side of Florida. This is the canary in the mineshaft, so to speak. A very bad omen indeed.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Grifter42

You are almost on top of the problem, with out knowing it, note the Hydro factor in the above equation, then to explain a little known or yet to be fully understood fact, that the spilling oil and then the addition of dispersant, to the oil gives us a soluble ocean and even on the trillion parts per million on the Atomic weight scale

When mother nature during the doldrums periods or glassed out regions of the oceans, this is when the Oceans convex there mists, but STOP, now when this process trys to convex, what takes place on the Atomic scale is the first thing to convex is oil, and forms a micronized film across all glassed out regions and on all occasions on a permanent bases

And this then totally blocks all convection of all mists, sea fogs being our reproduction of cloud mass including some other, yet to be fully understood, but known magnetic anomalies from accruing, and if I am correct it is this that is killing the bees, as Nostradamus forecast it would do

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join