It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions of honey bees killed in apparent poisoning

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Extracting honey is NOT a one person job. At least three people are required, and it depends on how much you are extracting at the time. Our extractor is a three frame model, so you must do six spinnings for each super of ten frames, one spinning for each side of a frame.

I'll do a beekeeping thread. Let me think about the format....

Back to the topic at hand:

I hope it's just a personal vendetta, as it sounds localized. It's a &*$# shame anyone would purposefully destroy a hive, and to hit such a large scale is abhorable. I hope they catch them and stick them in front of a hive wearing black on a very humid day, with no bee veil, and pull them away before the fatal sting count of 1150 bee stings. Let them suffer from the very creatures they destroyed.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I can tell you what has been going on with the bees ..
POISONING !!!

From direct misuse of a product on the market called "Termidor".
Its active ingredient is "Fhipronil "
here is a little info on it,
www.pan-uk.org...

I dont use the product . However. its one of the most effective products on the market for termite prevention. I have heard people say "It will kick honey bee's but"
Well, its not labeled for that ! And by doing so some one some where has bees playing in fhipronil!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

You Rock!!!

Des

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Hmmm I wonder if a large amount of GMO crops wear planted. Their have been study's on bee's and humans that show when ingested it can cause leaky gut syndrome. Allot of dead bee's are examined and shown to have leaky gut syndrome. I wonder if GMO foods are meant to kill bee's so that in the end we will have to use GMO foods witch produce pollen.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
FFS..

..Not the bees!!! Why couldn't millions of wasps & hornets have died instead?? :'(

Bees are a vital part of the Ecosystem..

Have you guys not seen the movie, 'Bee' ?

I don't want the world to suddenly face a 'bee' shortage pandemic.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I agree that this is a truly worrying trend around the world, Bees are an extremely vital part of the worlds ecosystem which ever way you look at it. Also the honey they produce is really one of the true super foods along with bananas!

Here in New Zealand we have a terrible problem with the Varroa Mite, which is jeopardizing all bee colonies around the country.

Varroa Mite

I hope they can get to the bottom of this problem, and as Druid said as much as it is horrible to think, I hope it is a deliberate poisoning, because the consequences of it being a illness amongst the hives will have dire effects not only to the bees, but the entire ecosystem, including humans!
edit on 30-9-2011 by Laviver26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Followed this problem - as a curious Bee Loving observer - for around 10 years now. It has been suggested that the following ;
en.wikipedia.org...

Is to blame. However one better defined, answer saw a host of UK Bee Keepers protesting outside the House of Commons, a Disease caused by the usual stupidity of 'Mankind', was found to be the answer, was accepted by a Host of Californian Bee Keepers and in time Bees were being exported from Australia to the USA. Everyone has their fingers crossed that the Bee Killing infection will not - please God - find a path to Aussie.

Hope the so called 'Homo Sapiens' species will - perhaps - wake-up one day and find an easier way to get ricj quick, by not producing more and more pollutants

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Oddly enough I live just south of Brevard county and this hasn't been in our local news that I've seen.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
As a new beekeeper, I have been warned several times by my 'mentor' not to use powdered Seven Dust. If he's told me once, he's reminded me 20+ times not to have it within 2 miles my hives. He said that it attaches to their wings and they take it back to the hive, which kills the entire hive within a few days. He said that he's lost several hives to it in the past.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LearnedToPlayNice

Heavy spraying by Mosquito Control ended a few/couple weeks back, I live in the same area and I can attest to this being the worse moosquito season in this part of Brevard county in many years Eyewitness news said it so it must be fact HAHA!! It's possible if the bees were in or around a citrus grove someone could have decided to use up some old malathion (it will kill bees)
If they are located close to a residence someone may be using an inseticide fogging system and the wind carried if or it malfuntioned and sprayed way to much. Could it be collapsed hive syndrome? A local lunny on a mission with a sprayer?? Palmbay and Micco have quite a few "interesting" people (example: the wildfire arsonist who has been active for several years now, he may be developing a new off season hobby)
I'm not buying chemtrail, HAARP or any other crackpot theory. They have full schedules already

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DickGozinya

I saw the headline in the Florida Today local newpaper but didnt read the article

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

/
You might not want your yellow jackets/houseflies or other irritating insects to disappear because there would be a whole lot of "Stink" and debris from decaying flesh of un-eaten organisms and such. Just stay away from the carnivores!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
If you have Netflix check out the documentary "Vanishing of the Bees". This film explains how we have poisoned them over time with pestisides. We have genetically altered our seeds. Covered the seeds and plants with oil based poisons while transporting bees all over the country in order to pollinate our crops. This poisoning of the bees has been going on all over the world for sometime now.

Honey bees are an indicator species. Once they are gone we will soon follow in their footsteps.

Soon science won't be able to save us from ourselves and we won't have anything left to eat or drink.

Then what will your corporate bloodmoney buy you?
A nice place to starve to death?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ludshed

That's very interesting, and certainly more likely than covert spraying from 30,000 feet by civilian airliners

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 8ILlBILl8

I don't think GMOs are intended to do this, it's just that the people selling these products don't care what happens so long as they make a profit.

This is why environmentalists should be listened to a lot more - they've been right all along!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
If the bees become extinct, we'll be heading that way too.

Somewhat 60-70% of crops worldwide continue to grow because they are pollinated by bees, without the bees, the crops will die, which in turn means food shortages and eventually resulting in certain crops disappearing forever. I know it sounds like fear mongering, but its a fact of nature. Bees are one of the most important links in the food chain for those who aren't aware.

Great article about the effects of bees disappearing + the consequences for our planet: www.buzzaboutbees.net...

This is something to watch very closely.

For instance, it could be the environment causing this due to pollution. If it is, then its too late to fix anything.
edit on 1-10-2011 by InsideYourMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItsEvolutionBaby
Well, India is suing monsanto for a reason..
Also the post stating about a possible tie-in to big pharma-- honey is a natural antibiotic, is the only food source that will not go bad, can still (gasp) be sold in a fairly natural state without all those processing chemicals, also has been proven personally for aiding asthma - any asthma sufferers out there?

Try about a tablespoon of honey a day and see how much you need your asthma meds in a few short months.

Killing the bees may seem to fit into a few agendas.

This thread does need to be watched and updated.

Its a "birds and the bees" thing - once they go, thats about it.
Will state the obvious - pollination.

Bingo! Not just the above mentioned health benefits but many more. Like hay fever, a friend of mine uses local honey (as local as he can get) to control his hayfever. Plus many others. No honey, no pollination, greater requirement for big pharma and gm self pollinating crops. Or I could be just a conspiracy crank of course
edit on 1-10-2011 by SN4FU because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
My Wife and I watched a movie on Netflix (streaming) titled "Vanishing of the Bees" which covers this topic in great detail, objectively and with a lot of bee "farmer's" perspectives. It basically sounded like pesticides, over generations, and seeping into the soil are considered a likely reason for all this. If you get a chance, and are interested (we all should be)...it is very informative without being preachy or one-sided.

Oops...SNAKE13X beat me to this. So...I second suggesting this movie.
edit on 10/1/2011 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Thanks to everyone for your comments, suggestions, and keeping this thread alive!

Since it's the weekend, we probably won't hear about the test results until next week (hopefully), but I'll keep my eyes open and post whatever I find.

Thanks to those who suggested the "Vanishing of the Bees" movie.

(Edit to Add: To those who have seen it, if this isn't the same one as "The Vanishing of the Bees", please post the correct movie. There were a few uploads on YouTube and I may have chosen the wrong one.)
edit on 1-10-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
so any updates?
im lazy and cant read

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join