It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New British show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Last night on Sky the Sky1 channel has begun a new series called Terror Alert....Could you survive?

Last nights show delt with the loss of all electrical power due to solar flairs. It documented on how to prepare, what to expect, and basically how to survive the whole ordeal. They based it off of a 10 day loss.

Don't know if I'm getting paranoid or what but why do I feel like this is not a good thing?

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 04:45 AM
link   
They are psychologically preparing the sheeple for what will probably happen, only it's probably too little too late.

First they send you a fridge magnet with numbers on it to call if you see some poor Ahmed and get some paranoid delusional notion that he is acting suspiciously.

Then it's the brochure with glossy pictures of your fellow countrymen in all their diverse glory living the stereotypical lifestyle that you only hear about from other countries. It tells you to not be afraid, but to stay alert and keep on living said stereotypical lifestyle, have fun!

Then come the state sponsored (although you wouldn't know it) TV shows detailing how to prepare for joke situations. Usually filled with useless crap that would only be good for a short term survival. Power outages! Oh Noes!

Try, 1st degree burn treatment, CPR, radiation poisoning, approaches to arterial bleeds, procedure for dealing with a severed limb, shrapnel wounds, treatment for shock....the list is endless.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Oh another little propaganda tool to re-enforce the frear needed to support the war on terror? Strainght from Murdochs SKY? Never! Don't believe it! Impossible!

SKY TV is $#!T

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corinthas
Oh another little propaganda tool to re-enforce the frear needed to support the war on terror? Strainght from Murdochs SKY? Never! Don't believe it! Impossible!

SKY TV is $#!T

- Spot on mate, you got it sussed totally......kind of obvious BS though even for them wouldn't you say? They must be getting desparate!

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
its good and has some good info i missed thursdays he says just run to the hills

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I MISSED IT BUT IT IS CONTINUING NEXT WEEK!!
something big is gonna happen and they are preparing us for it and no u r not paraniod!!
look at the clues..in the u.k. after the 911 attacks other than a few extra police on the streets and a few programmes on t.v we in the u.k. were not put on alert (so to speak)..but now ...after the authorities raided some terrorists place abroad and found info on his p.c. we are now seeing things played out here..ie.. 10 men arrested in terrorist swoop in london bradford and other places, the police raid a self storage depot in london to discover explosives in one of the lockups, the government issue a booklet )which must have cost a fortune to print) to be given to EVERY HOUSEHOLD IN THE U.K. they are doing commercials on the t.v. and radio ragrding terrorist attacks what to do and what no to ..Earlier on this yr the authorities played a what if ' game on the london underground closed stations off and went to work with 100's of people taking part in bio-suits using mask showers and tents and all the equipment playing out a terror attack on the underground using chemical weapons,, this is just a few of the things that have happened lately in the u.k.
one other thing..near to where i work in london is a very famous and much used group of buildings, ever since i can remember there has been traffic control signs stating when flshing'STOP IF DIRECTED' other than after the 911 i have only seen them working maybe twice, until recently when i saw them flashing on with about 15 police accross the road stopping cars and people in the street (walking up to this point) and searching them , i saw a woman being made to put her breifcase on the ground and searched by 2 woman police officers???, they did not go to this lengh of alert even after 911?
something is on the way..they know and they dont want to tell us because of mass panic but will give us little bits of info just to be on the safe side..

they know who the terroists are and what they are doing and where they are, but because of some stupid legality can do anything until they blow something up, it was the same in the 70's with the IRA, they were even in negotitations with them but couldnt touch them, until they blew half of london away!
now its worse..there are too many do-gooders that will stand up for these terrorists because of the so-called human rights, well im sorry but # their human rights ,
the people on 911 flights and on the ground didnt get a choice about their human rights, theirs was just taken away from them with no thought for the families and friends that were left behind

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Good god people, calm down. This is just Murdoch TV hyping it up, just as in the US.

That series has been on for several weeks, and has covered everything from bio warfare to nuclear attacks etc etc.... It is just dramatic TV meant to grab the sheeple and bump up ratings. The show is a load of dogsbollocks, and not worth the time of day. I would rather watch re-runs of Big brother (that is saying something, trust me!). It is Sky Tv through and through. If you ever examine their line up, it is all TV either from America, or derived from American ideas, none of it is British, and all of it (bar the Simpsons,Star Trek and Star Gate) is dog-s**t.

Besides, with all the pamphlets and stuff, it is just the Gov doing what they usually do. They did the same during the cold war. My dad still has a booklet telling him how to "survive" a Soviet nuke attack (although he is ex Army, so dont know if everyone got one).

[edit on 30-8-2004 by stumason]

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   

they know who the terroists are and what they are doing and where they are, but because of some stupid legality can do anything until they blow something up, it was the same in the 70's with the IRA, they were even in negotitations with them but couldnt touch them, until they blew half of london away!

What??? WTF are you on chap? What legalities???The law allows for prosecution for CONSPIRING to commit explosions etc etc.... wake up you deluded fool.
They arrested Irish bombers all the time!! I think you might be getting confused with the warnings that the IRA gave before the explosion, as they only wanted to damage property mostly.

There are many accounts of security forces apprehending Irish before the bombs where planted, and with the stuff in their car boots!! I know from first hand expierience in N ireland that the Forces would not let the IRA plant a single bomb if it we knew about it!!

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Terror Alert....Could you survive? is a good program hosted by Chris Ryan an ex-SAS member (know as the one who got away)
It's a good program with interesting and useful information, stop knocking it

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Its not a good program, and contains little or no relevant information. As I have stated before, many of my family have military expeirience, and everyone of them will tell you it is a load of media hype dogs**t amd would not save you in a real situation. All you can do is get out of the towns and run for the hills.

All it has is Chris Ryan pretending to be in this situation, and the "mock situations" are all well handled in the end by our wonderful Government!!

And then the fluffy bunnies come out and all is well! Isn't life great!?

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 04:40 AM
link   
first, unless you were very high up in the intelligence service you had 'no' idea of what was going on in northern ireland, i am not saying you had no experience in NI but certainly no idea of what was and is going on .
am i on something you say ..well no im not i think that you are very nieve(i dont think ive spelt that right) if you think that we are being told everything regarding terrorism then or today!!
as for the legalities, you should wake up my friend, please how long did it take for the police to arrest MR hook hand, while he openly preached terrorism on the streets of london?
Will he be sent back to where he came from when his trial is finished?
NO!!..because some do-gooder (who will be paid by yours and mine tax money) will stand up and say that his 'human rights will be affected if his returned home. so they will appeal against the decision, these are the type of legalties that im on about
how many more muslims so-called british passports holders are going to go to war against u.k.soldiers, will they be arrested and tried for treason when they return to 'home' .
NO!!
As for the government just trying to use scare tactics on us regarding the booklets, radio and tv commercials, well that seems a lot of money to spend on scaring people, especially when there was no-one in the u.k. kicking up a fuss about it anyway?, we wasnt running round like headless chickens saying 'oh the terrorists are coming we want to know what to do in an emergency'
WAKE -UP PLEASE!!!

PROUD TO BE ENGLISH
SAY NO TO THE EURO

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 05:00 AM
link   
It's been on for weeks now, I only saw the one about Nuclear War the other day. It was... OK I spose.. Common sense in a lot of ways.
Luckily I have my NBC suit, NBC mask, Dosimeters and Geiger counter and Ratemeter - so I'm at an advantage against the general population straight away... Should the worst happen. Hopefully I've just got a load of useless crap... (Though the Geiger Counter's good for looking at background radiation and checking out rocks and stuff).

There is a new series called 'Conspiracies' starting on Monday at 9pm on Sky One. The first one is about 9/11 and shows the Pentagon wall before it collapsed and stuff.. Interesting they put something like that on a Prime Time on a Prime Channel...

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith

There is a new series called 'Conspiracies' starting on Monday at 9pm on Sky One. The first one is about 9/11 and shows the Pentagon wall before it collapsed and stuff.. Interesting they put something like that on a Prime Time on a Prime Channel...

Conspiracies is a good show. It used to be on tech tv untill Techtv merged with G4. So they cancelled conspiracies. And now techtv is the worst channel ever.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   

first, unless you were very high up in the intelligence service you had 'no' idea of what was going on in northern ireland, i am not saying you had no experience in NI but certainly no idea of what was and is going on . ..................

You really should find out more about a person before saying I have no idea. I lived there during the eighties for nigh on 8 years, I know full well what it was like. I wont bore you with details, unless you really want them, but it was far from pleasant my friend.

As for your argument about Mr Hook hand... do you not think we have had him under surveillance for some time? Why do you think there are arrests all the time. We still have to have evidence to convict, but with the surv etc we can gather this, and make sure they don't get up too anything. Dude, and your calling me naive! try to understand the huge amount of anti terror laws we have, and realise that you can't just nick someone because they said "kill tony blair", or whatever bollocks he says. Would you like to be nicked if you said "Down with the Queen" and charged with treason? Everyone has right to free speach, but mark my words, if he crosses the line from speaking, to actually inciting or carrying out attacks, he will be royally f**ked in the arse!

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Terror Alert is hilarious.

If you want real drama you should watch The Grid or Crisis Command which starts on BBC2, Sunday @ 9pm.

Terror alert contains only the most very basic of information that common sense would easily get you. Sky only made it as a "prestige" show, so they could showcase the use of SkyNews and other BskyB assets.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
stumason, what i said was in no way a derogatory remark against you in anyway, what i was trying to say was' the only ppl that fully know what was and is going on are the ppl very very high up', i hold my hands up to you and call it a draw, as we will never agree on certain things..? cheers mate

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Fair enough, i get hot under the collar sometimes, and I accept the fact that alot of information we get is spun, or inaccurate and only the top bods will truly know (even then, they might not, it is Blair after all) what is going on.

No hard feelings

new topics

top topics

join