It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Royals use Cancer Patients for Photo Op again.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I'm sick and tired of the Royals: Kate and Will using Cancer patients to boost their profile and public relations,

It's got to stop. It's immoral.

www.carbonated.tv...

" Kate wore a Amanda Wakeley dress "

Lucky Cancer Patients get to meet the "Golden Couple"

The Daily Mirror enlightens us about the importance of the vist to a cancer hospital

www.mirror.co.uk...

Forget about the Cancer patient lets look at the Gorgeous Kate.........

If you believe that this post is just negative outlook on what good work the Royals do then you are dead in the head.

edit on 073030p://f26Friday by Seventytwo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Ugh, these people have no class

I usually use Lepers for my photo ops........

Seriously tho, thats messed up.......

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
If they were not members of the royal family, I doubt they would be involved in the many activites that they are right now. It is part of their "duty" to appear at charities and whatnot. Sure, one could develop true passion for a cause after being told you have get involved. Why do they have to take pictures of them visiting the sick anyway? Oh yeah, it's all about image.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Shawny2222

Sure! I bet they have a "Candidate School" or the equivalent. Many of our politicians go to a candidate school where they stress body language, NLP, and how to pose well. Posing in front of flags, with babies and children, the old and the ill are highly recommended. I couldn't find a link (not much of a search) for the school. I know that my Mayor went to candidate school. My acquaintances who have run for office also received handouts from the school to help them prepare for their own campaigns.

P.S. No, I don't believe in politics.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Seventytwo

And if the Royals sat on their arses all day you would be saying they are contributing nothing to society. So what would you prefer?
You also failed to mention that Prince William had only just finished his shift with the RAF Sea Rescue in North Wales and had rushed to make the appointment at the Royal Marsden Hospital.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Hmmm

I don't think its wrong to use your "celebrity" to raise awareness or money for the cause, I think all celebs should do this and most do, so what if its giving them "air time"

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

I might agree with you......except that I think the Cancer Foundation is perpetuating the existence of cancer while collecting mega-funds that people are inspired to donate after a 'celebrity' "raises awareness".

Look at all the money Haiti made for the Red Cross!

That money wasn't spent in Haiti.

They never said it would be spent in Haiti.

The public isn't exactly aware and alert, but their emotions are easily manipulated and the desire to do "good" for the "less fortunate" is continually exploited. That's how we ended up with sodium fluoride in drinking water. It was passed under the guise of helping inner city kids stay cavity free. LOL.

Don't donate to the Cancer Foundation. Do some research and find out why so many are suspicious of this 'pillar' of society. Here, I'll help you get started....

I wrote about the American Cancer society and their phony cancer fund raisers a few years ago. The ACS was founded by the Rockefellers to steer people AWAY from true cancer cures and to raise money for their phony "research" projects. It's been a SCAM from its inception and they suck in millions of gullible and unknowing dupes to do their bidding for them who then send them money that is wasted on 'busy" research projects that go nowhere. I also heard Gary Null do a very lengthy expose of the American Cancer Society on his radio program aired over KPFK radio with Roy Tuckman.

A 100% cure for all forms of cancer was demonstrated in the mid 1930s by Dr Royal Raymond Rife. His work and his reputation were utterly destroyed by established medicine (Rockefellers and the drug cartels) and their lackeys in the guise of one Morris Fishbein of the AMA and indeed the efforts of the Rockefeller's ACS, which helped in no small measure to debunk Rife's incredible work and discoveries. Anyone who contributes to or helps the ACS in any capacity is simply an uninformed boob who is assisting his executioners to prepare his own coffin.

Source
edit on 30/9/11 by RainbeauBleu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
You do know William has been involved with the Charity for years, after his mother died yes? If they did not do anything like this members in ATS would still complain. At least they are bringing awareness to a charity that was close to theirs mothers heart.

I would ask what have those members done who are criticising William and Kate. What have you done, to bring awareness to a cause you are interested in?
edit on 30-9-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I can't say i am a fan of any of the royals at all......

OP i do understand where you're coming from...but it does get the message out there....
But instead of just visiting why don't they send some money to the researchers/scientists who are trying to create cures to these illnesses....that would be much more productive, i'm sure....

but then again, some of the patients are thrilled by a visit from the royals, their faces light up with joy, knowing that out of many other patients, the royals chose to visit them....

and hell, if it brings a massive smile to their faces, and makes them happy, then why not?!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by fluff007
some of the patients are thrilled by a visit from the royals, their faces light up with joy, knowing that out of many other patients, the royals chose to visit them...

Jesus, if they're that damned feeble minded they're probably better off dead. (Yeah I know, shocking sentiments, how could I say such a thing, God probably won't love me any more...)
edit on 30-9-2011 by timeless test because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong

And if the Royals sat on their arses all day you would be saying they are contributing nothing to society. So what would you prefer?
You also failed to mention that Prince William had only just finished his shift with the RAF Sea Rescue in North Wales and had rushed to make the appointment at the Royal Marsden Hospital.

You need to wake up...

You are in a deep sleep.

It's not about raising awareness of Cancer, it's about Kate and Will, the MSM doesn't talk about the Cancer they talk about the clothes that the royals are wearing.

Don't you get it? the Royals are paid to be characters of a fairytale.

"Prince William had only just finished his shift with the RAF Sea Rescue in North Wales and had rushed to make the appointment at the Royal Marsden Hospital"

That's because Prince William is a Superhero not like any other Mortal.

I wonder how much it costs the british Tax payer for the Prince and Princess of wonderland to visit these hospitals?

Let other celebrity's further their careers with photo Ops at Hospitals, perhaps we could use the Tax payers Money to supply the basic drugs to people that have had them taken away..

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
If the MSM want to plaster WIll and Kate all over the media they will regardless of what they do.. in this instance at least it is positive and if it brings a ray of hope or change to one life that is being ravaged by illness then as far as I am concerned the bs is worthwhile.

Most people I know have little opinion either way.. they simply do not care what the Royals do or do not do.. I for one would love to see a real poll taken of the whole nation on the topic.. the question I would pose is "do you care about the Royals" with 3 answers.. "Yes" "No" or "don't give a toss either way" and I suspect the "don't give a toss" votes would win by a landslide.

This is obviously only my opinion of what I see based on the fact that I really really do not give a toss what they do or don't do

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by timeless test

i'm sure their feeble mindedness isn't helped by the fact that they're suffering from a debilitating terminal illness.....

you haven't shocked me with your terms, but instead i'm disappointed in your lack of empathy for the sick....

why deny them the chance of a bit of happiness.....even if it may come from some royal dude who has to follow on in his mother's footsteps, in respect of her memory.....and as no doubt, she would've wanted....

and it doesn't really matter whether god loves you or not....that is irrelevant.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Princes Diana helped to get anti personnel mines banned, she also helped stop people being so afraid to touch AIDs victims, so chew on that.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
You do know William has been involved with the Charity for years, after his mother died yes? If they did not do anything like this members in ATS would still complain. At least they are bringing awareness to a charity that was close to theirs mothers heart.

I would ask what have those members done who are criticising William and Kate. What have you done, to bring awareness to a cause you are interested in?
edit on 30-9-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

I think some members have done what they can for their 'cause" of raising public awareness to scams.. and inappropriate use of charity monies.

I sincerely thank these members for raising our awareness

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by fluff007

i'm sure their feeble mindedness isn't helped by the fact that they're suffering from a debilitating terminal illness...

Sadly, there are plenty of fit and healthy people around who who would be equally thrilled to be in the presence of a Royal. To be honest, I just feel sorry for them that they think so little of themselves that they feel they have to adore and be subservient to these parasites.

i'm disappointed in your lack of empathy for the sick....

sorry, I'm just a miserable sod who despises the Royal Family and all they stand for.

and it doesn't really matter whether god loves you or not....that is irrelevant.

I suppose I'll find out if you're right about that at another time in another place.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff
Princes Diana helped to get anti personnel mines banned, she also helped stop people being so afraid to touch AIDs victims, so chew on that.

If I were a particulalry miserable sod, (which I am), I might ask what her motivation was for getting involved in those issues.

clue: it had sod all to do with her altruism

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Aahh yes. There are many fit and healthy people around. But sadly, due to the way society is at the moment, if they were to visit the poor sods, then it would not attract media attention, than if the royals or some stupid celebrity visited....
Which, in turn, does help the sick. People see it on the TV go aawwhh, then donate....

I do not like the royals either....i have lived beside them for 10 years....and whenever they are in residence, the Met police come up and they are just nuisance....they disrupt our daily routines calling our behaviour suspect!

so according to the Mets guarding the royals, hitch hiking is suspect behaviour....i do not think so....that is how i get around as i can no longer afford to run my car.....

so like you, i really highly dislike the royals....there are other reasons i do not like them, but they should really be in the rant section..... ^^

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I don't see anything wrong in the Royals visiting cancer patients........

if they do, you all whinge about it

if they don't, you'll still whinge about it

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

I don't see anything wrong in the Royals visiting cancer patients........

if they do, you all whinge about it

if they don't, you'll still whinge about it

When you invent a game you make all the correct pieces to fit into the correct places.
The Royal Family is a dictatorship with weapons of Mass Media.

The delusion wont last for ever.

I have a dream

Lets make Buckingham Palace the biggest and best Cancer Hospital in the world...
and let Kate and Will make money from magazines or celebrity big brother.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join