It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now the EU orders Britain: Let migrants claim benefits  as soon as they arrive in UK

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Now the EU orders Britain: Let migrants claim benefits  as soon as they arrive in UK

www.dailymail.co.u k

Europe has given Britain two months to scrap policies preventing benefit tourists claiming billions of pounds in handouts Last night the European Commission said it would take the Government to court unless it draws up plans to axe restrictions on claims by immigrants, saying they are against the law and must be scrapped. Brussels bureaucrats acted after receiving a complaint that the rules infringed the human rights of EU citizens
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.telegraph.co.u k

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Will sommeone in parliament please get some balls and tell the EU to @@@@ off??!

I am soo sick to the back teeth of those cheese eating toss bags over the English channel taking my money..

Time to get rid!

It costs us nearly £40m a day to be in the EU and we get nothing back except being told what to do in our own fricken country! We cant even deport those who have been caught making bombs to kill us.

Its a bloody joke! Cant type no more.. Too angry

www.dailymail.co.u k

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Cant say I blame you.

Tree hugging do-gooders dont foot the bill- just make demands.

Get Real.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
This is outrageous, how much longer are we to be dictated to by Europe, we didnt join the Euro zone for a reason, we are a proud independent island race and to let someone who doesnt even live here to tell us our rules is well out of order. If they want our social security benefits then they should have to work here for 3 years 1st to qualify for 6 months benefits. They shouldnt be allowed to come here without securing work 1st.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
oh wow thats going to go down like a lead balloon.

The UK is currently throwing cash out the window to stay afloat with the benifits and entitlements from UK citizens as it is.

Also labours "we need to invest in our futures", which sounds an awful lot like "lets borrow more money, so we can invest" - because that worked so well for the last 15 years... *sigh*

If the EU wants the UK to give benifit access to more migrants, then they should front the money. We said "No" the first tiome because we cant afford it, just because some EU suit says so we cant just magic more money.

Insane and i will be keeping an eye on how this goes, not with the greatest amount of hope for a sane decision though... *sighs again*

edit on 30-9-2011 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Its all a form of control... I sympathize with the brittish.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

Will sommeone in parliament please get some balls and tell the EU to @@@@ off??!

I am soo sick to the back teeth of those cheese eating toss bags over the English channel taking my money..

Time to get rid!

It costs us nearly £40m a day to be in the EU and we get nothing back except being told what to do in our own fricken country! We cant even deport those who have been caught making bombs to kill us.

www.dailymail.co.u k

I can provide a solution to your ills. Firstly make yourself a community leader, let your voice be heard in your local community. Get in touch with the local paper and ask them if they'd consider writing a interview piece with you. same with localised tv networks. Get your area MP involved. Never forgot that they serve you aswell as others. Change the system and you will have peace of mind.

Secondly, money does not belong to you or any other human. As it is the system is lending out the money and regardless if it is received via a wages or benefits. You do not 'own' the money you have. Money is just a figment of imagination made real by the belief in it. Much like an addictive religion it has, in a way, become a god for humans.

Lastly, always remember that the media is always trying to shape your thoughts and opinions with its own agenda and as such never trust entirely that newspapers and TV broadcast, they are always sublte with their agenda's. Even if you've think that you've sussed them out.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Dearest EU,
Sod off.

Kindest regards,
Britain

No charge.
Beez

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by StarfireZeta

Sometimes its not about the money, this is about control and them trying to screw the UK as much as they can before they descend into the cesspit of history over the next few months.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Dearest EU,
Sod off.

Kindest regards,
Britain

No charge.
Beez

Brussels does know we have nukes right?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
The only reason the EU has done this is because they don't want the 'benefit tourists' rebounding back to them once they bounce off a closed door.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
If any major politician had the balls to stand up to the EU and their dictatorial legislation they would ensure their party a landslide victory at the next election.

We must demand the right to a referendum on continued EU membership.
This has been forced upon us and every Prime Minister from Heath onwards and the current Monarch have been guilty of the complicit and treasonous transfer of sovereignty to the EU.

This is probably one of the most blatant examples of how the current party political system fails us and allows the ruling elite to operate and govern with complete disdain and disregard for the well being, interests and wishes of the electorate.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Time to get rid!

www.dailymail.co.u k

Having been born and raised in California I can definitely feel your pain. One of the most absurd BS handouts here is citizenship for illegals that are born here. Doesn't make any sense at all considering they broke the law getting here. Its infuriating that our Gov wont tighten or enforce a lot of our immigration laws.

Ca used to be a nice place to live in most areas, now days most of those places are run down and crime riddled due to the migrant population exploding over the years. Before anyone labels me a racist etc take a few minutes and look at the history of Salinas Ca over the last 40 years. Sure these people want a better life and that's fine but they come here with a complete lack of respect to our state and country as a whole and to top it off most are sending large amounts of the income they make back to Mexico.

Our Gov could care less here since they don't have to live near or be victimized bye these people, its a complete joke !

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Sorry double post
edit on 30-9-2011 by Candycab because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I have dreamed of living there (UK) too, but it looks like you guys are getting bossed around just like us over here... Sad really... Either way I would rather live there then deal with the crap we have to put up with here. I just want a country side where I can raise my kids in peace and watch the beauty of the world unfold in front of me. Instead I get an apartment in the city with traffic and hoodlums everywhere you look. Nature is a luxury and you have to squint just to see the beauty around you here because it's the only way to block out the madness.

Not to mention British accents are so HOT...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

The new government e-petition site which if an issue gets over a hundred thousand signatures forces a parliament debate, has been stuck on 33000 sigs for an EU referendum for weeks... Funny that hey?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

The new government e-petition site which if an issue gets over a hundred thousand signatures forces a parliament debate, has been stuck on 33000 sigs for an EU referendum for weeks... Funny that hey?

It doesnt matter if its gets 100k, they will ignore it anyway as they have done in past weeks.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I will need to check and see if I have signed that.

This is going beyond the joke. I am sick and tired of those idiots in Brussels thinking they can run our lives. I am writing to my own MP venting my anger at this disgusting ruling.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

www.dailymail.co.u k

Europe has given Britain two months to scrap policies preventing benefit tourists claiming billions of pounds in handouts Last night the European Commission said it would take the Government to court unless it draws up plans to axe restrictions on claims by immigrants, saying they are against the law and must be scrapped. Brussels bureaucrats acted after receiving a complaint that the rules infringed the human rights of EU citizens

Related News Links:
www.telegraph.co.u k

As soon as I read the title I knew it was a Daily Mail rant! "Now" is a popular word to begin a headline, implying yet another step on the road to ruin. 'Immigration' is the Mail's favourite word, good for scaring the middlebrow middleclass over their weekend breakfasts.

Can I suggest that readers of this story apply the 'skepticism' for which they are famed? It wasn't long ago the Mail seriously claimed that the EU was demanding the English Channel be renamed 'The Anglo-French Pond'. (Nor was it April Fool's Day) I'm serious, it was written by a mail journo with the utterly appropriate name Gerri Peev.

edit on 2-10-2011 by FlyingSpaghettiMonster because: checking facts

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyingSpaghettiMonster

Well they will be debating the Position off the UK within the EU and wither or not the UK People should have a referendum on this. Off course you know we will never get the chance to have a vote. Like Alec Salmond. Cameron and co are scared of the outcome, of a referendum.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join