It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rocket's red glaring error: China sets space launch to America the Beautiful

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
What does any of this garbage have to do with a Chinese rocket animation?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
about time they gave us credit

most people see made in china

however the reality is china was made in the usa

and like was already said the cash and the the technology from theft by hacking.

dont ever see china ever becoming a superpower when they cant come up with an orginal idea.
edit on 30-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok
Well considering that without America, China would be nothing...

Are you stoned? Without China, the world would be nothing.

You do realize that China is the longest-lasting nation on Earth, right? Do they not write this in American school books or something?

Seriously, I don't understand how China would be nothing without the US. Do you even know that the US attacked China during the early 1900s in an attempt to maintain imperialist ties? Shanghai was their target, I believe. I don't think China forgets that kind of stuff, nor do they forget the fact that they were forced to accept opium as currency from Europe (there were two wars fought over it, called the "opium wars").

Yeah, great western contributions to Chinese society

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

That western invasion/influence was also what made China abandon its ancient reclusive nature and set out into the world also wasn't it? Was the first time they realized as a nation there were other forces at work in the world.

I think that might be what they are talking about.
edit on 30-9-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Originally posted by havok
Well considering that without America, China would be nothing...

Are you stoned? Without China, the world would be nothing.

You do realize that China is the longest-lasting nation on Earth, right? Do they not write this in American school books or something?

Seriously, I don't understand how China would be nothing without the US. Do you even know that the US attacked China during the early 1900s in an attempt to maintain imperialist ties? Shanghai was their target, I believe. I don't think China forgets that kind of stuff, nor do they forget the fact that they were forced to accept opium as currency from Europe (there were two wars fought over it, called the "opium wars").

Yeah, great western contributions to Chinese society

Given that the Chinese people are largely homogeneous and do indeed have a long and glorious history, yes, ancient civilization. But you state it more as CHINA the country is the oldest coutnry in the world and there have been far too many political changes (even just in the past century) for me to consider it the same country. People yes. Country no.

Then you slam western powers as if China was existing in some state of perfect peace and grace prior to the evil intrusion of the west. Oh, so not so. And, in this century, China does owe quite a bit of its current status (for good or ill, it could yet backfire in a big, big way) to the good old U. S. of A.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

Not really sure how this is besting America. When they launch shuttles with people on them over a hundred times then maybe. As for this launch, it's no better than a satallite launch. They are making progress though.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
It appears that I (and we) am/are all locked together and stuck on this wretched scrape of a planet which would otherwise be beautiful.

Populated with a bunch of monkeys just DYING to get along with one another in a special way, en masse.

Acting on your best behavior
Turn your back on Mother Nature
Everybody wants to rule the world

meh, talk about a bunch of slumlords.

Vote me in, I'll pave the streets in gold.
edit on 30-9-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Good for them! Who cares if they played the "America the Beautiful." I don't find it as a slight or insulting at all. They know who is keeping their rice bowl full. We know who is cutting our checks, and who is doing their part to keep the masses content at the big box stores. Just maybe, some of the technology for this rocket launch came from former President, Bill Clinton, when it was alleged that in the late nineties he was partaking in globalization and culture exchanges with our benevolent friends the Chinese for missile and radar technology for campaign contributions?

The Idiot's Guide to Chinagate

Indeed, Chinese intelligence organized a massive covert operation aimed at tilting the 1996 election Clinton's way.

Clinton's top campaign contributors for 1992 were Chinese agents; his top donors in 1996 were U.S. defense contractors selling missile technology to China.

Clinton recieved funding directly from known or suspected Chinese intelligence agents, among them James and Mochtar Riady, who own the Indonesian Lippo Group; John Huang; Charlie Trie; Ted Sioeng; Maria Hsia; Wang Jun and others.

Then Monica came along and this scandal went the way of the dodo bird. Americans love their seedy sex scandals. Hopefully, they continue to underwrite our own space program since we are so giving and generous with our technical know how? This is just the Chinese way of paying homage to the generosity of the American politicians, and corporations.
edit on 30-9-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy

Originally posted by Johnze
LOL

Thanks for re-affirming my suspicions my waning colonial cousins. My point is China's technological sophistication is increasing at a rate that now has it rivaling America. America can barely afford to go to space, China can and America is unlikely to be able to keep up with Chinese advancement, this is a bad thing. My advice would be to just accept your time spent as the worlds only super power is coming to an end and maybe learn Chinese lol.

Well what took them so long? For a culture several thousands of years old and the United States only several hundred years old...what took China so long?

China took longer to industrialize due to the vast majority of its coal being inaccessible.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
China has been in Americas sphere of influence since before the first world war. It is American investment that brought china into the 20th century following the second world war.

Yes, China would not be the same without America. But "nothing"? not so sure about that....

And yes, China obviously contributed to early technological developments (such as gun powder), but that is old news and has nothing to do with anything....

I hear a lot of dumb Americans too proud to admit that they might be licked. I don't understand this need to maintain your superiority complex.

Spinning bad history isn't going to change anything. Try opening a book.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Come on everybody! if it wasn't for the U.S.A this world would't even exist!
we owe them everything!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
All this jingoistic nonsense is making me sore.
I need a massage.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPACEYstranger
China has been in Americas sphere of influence since before the first world war. It is American investment that brought china into the 20th century following the second world war.

Yes, China would not be the same without America. But "nothing"? not so sure about that....

And yes, China obviously contributed to early technological developments (such as gun powder), but that is old news and has nothing to do with anything....

I hear a lot of dumb Americans too proud to admit that they might be licked. I don't understand this need to maintain your superiority complex.

Okay so what your saying is pretty much everyone is right according to you, Americans are arrogant/dumb/etc and open a book. Thanks you helped us all, what other pearls of wisdom do you have?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77

Originally posted by SPACEYstranger

Okay so what your saying is pretty much everyone is right according to you, Americans are arrogant/dumb/etc and open a book. Thanks you helped us all, what other pearls of wisdom do you have?

I don't think its worth it... We are in a totally different world now then we were 50 years ago, and as said in previous posts it would be better to work toward the common goal. That is why we have an INTERNATIONAL Space Station, right? Soyuz craft to take international astronauts to a facility shuttled in pieces by Americans and built by Europeans, Japanese, Russians and Americans.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join