It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rocket's red glaring error: China sets space launch to America the Beautiful

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Rocket's red glaring error: China sets space launch to America the Beautiful

www.guardian.co.uk

The lift-off was flawless. The orbit immaculate. But while China's leaders were celebrating the triumphant launch of Tiangong-1 space lab on Thursday, viewers of state television footage were treated to a bizarre choice of soundtrack: America the Beautiful.

(visit the link for the full news article)

ATS Member: BruceWayne also has a thread on this in space exploration.

BruceWayne Thread

edit on 30-9-2011 by kdial1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Haha, very ironic that they are playing our unofficial anthem. They did get most of their space technology though theft via cyber hacking... Biggest transfer of wealth in history just happened and most Americans don't realize it.

This is rubbing it in our face in my opinion. Almost like a salute to us thanking us for providing them the technology so easily.....

Here is the video:

VIDEO

To mark the launch, the Chinese space agency and China Central Television (CCTV) released a proud animation, set to rousing orchestral strains, of the "Heavenly Palace" thrusting skyward, lofting above the Earth and docking with a Shenzhou crew capsule.

-Kdial1

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

It may not be ironic at all.

It may have been a gift from us. We can infiltrate too.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Or prehaps America the Beautiful is where the rocket is expected to come down.Obama still underground in a bunker in Denver ?LOL

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
They probably have no concept of the significance of the music played.

When I was working in the Middle east, I watched "Arabia's got Talent" and they had a teenage kid body popping and breakdancing to 'Jingle Bells'.

Peace..

Rock Ape.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Well considering that without America, China would be nothing...
If I were China I'd be playin America's songs too.

Face it, without American practically funding China's entire economy...
They wouldn't have a space program.

Without being able to import goods practically duty-free...
Having an entire country(USA) rely on everthing they(China) produce...
Shutting down American businesses and opening them in China...
Pretty much being co-dependant on the US for their income...

I'd be singing "America the Beautiful", too.

Because without America, China is nothing.
No revenue.
No taxes.
No funds for the Space program.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Well... there's a big sticker under that baby that says

[MADE IN CHINA]

I give it 91 days until it bricks. (Just one day over the general warranty period for anything made in China).

IRM

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
China is American project. It is supposed to play the same role America played.

Chinese for America is Mei Guo, which means Beautiful Land.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
Well... there's a big sticker under that baby that says

[MADE IN CHINA]

I give it 91 days until it bricks. (Just one day over the general warranty period for anything made in China).

IRM

Designed in Cupertino, made in China.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

I think it would have been much cooler if they played Also Sprach Zarathustra, and at the moment it lifted off, a video of Elvis singing C.C. Rider was shown. That would have been very cool.

And then when it gets out of sight in the atmosphere, they could say "Ladies and Gentlemen, the rocket has left the Earth".
edit on 9/30/2011 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I can't watch the video at the moment but in fairness, was this a real launch or was it another one of those "top gun" incidents where perhaps they the played a video of a rocket launch that happened to have America the Beautiful as the soundtrack

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
LOL

America has lost, China is going to win.

Must suck to be American right now, watching those funny little asian fellows best you.

GO TEAM CHINA!!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
China does stuff like this all the time apparently, I guess with the intention of mocking or upsetting Americans.

It's funny that America is so self-absorbed nobody really cares. We just ask about it and they shrug... who knows?

Strange cultural differences.

Originally posted by Johnze
LOL

Must suck to be American right now, watching those funny little asian fellows best you.

GO TEAM CHINA!!!!

^^^ Who are all these people that keep posting this stuff? ^^^

Are these actual human beings from somewhere or just robots.
edit on 30-9-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

LOL

GO TEAM CHINA!!!!
Yeah but y you mad tho?
Is it because on its worst day America is still a hundred times better than any country on Earth? Or is it because the muslims have infiltrated your legal system and you will be rules by shariah law soon if not already?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

LOL

GO TEAM CHINA!!!!

Funny....America lost....What? China is going to win what? If your talking about the space race...then China is about 45 years or more late lol. Nice try. By the way hows that Jihad working out for you and your fellow Muslim brothers...oh wait.......that's right Osama got SHOT IN THE FACE!.....

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
LOL

Thanks for re-affirming my suspicions my waning colonial cousins. My point is China's technological sophistication is increasing at a rate that now has it rivaling America. America can barely afford to go to space, China can and America is unlikely to be able to keep up with Chinese advancement, this is a bad thing. My advice would be to just accept your time spent as the worlds only super power is coming to an end and maybe learn Chinese lol.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

One simple question...

If it wasn't for China, where would you have got gunpowder from?

6 stars for that one post? Facepalm...
edit on 30/9/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Added Facepalm

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

HAHA because a civilization that has existed for thousands upon thousands of years would certainly be nothing without America, lol.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

without America, China would be nothing...

Without China, America would not have gun powder - or a whole bunch of other really important stuff.

we acknowledge the reality: that there is only one race, the human race, and our survival requires the cooperation of its members; that our system must protect our rights, and upon corruption of that system, it is up to the individuals to protect their own rights, and those of their brethren;

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

LOL

Thanks for re-affirming my suspicions my waning colonial cousins. My point is China's technological sophistication is increasing at a rate that now has it rivaling America. America can barely afford to go to space, China can and America is unlikely to be able to keep up with Chinese advancement, this is a bad thing. My advice would be to just accept your time spent as the worlds only super power is coming to an end and maybe learn Chinese lol.

Well what took them so long? For a culture several thousands of years old and the United States only several hundred years old...what took China so long?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join