It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you been to a restaurant you saw on tv?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
There are many tv shows in which a host goes to a local restaurant to try their food.. just curious if any ATS members have gone to any you have seen on tv? If so, did it meet your expectations?

I have gone to Coyote Bluff, and The Big Texan- both in Amarillo Texas on a road trip. Did not eat at the B.T. because it was expensive, but inside was awesome. It is really big, has a gift shop, and fun to look around.

As for C.B. I tried the 'burger from hell' the first time was not that good, second time I went (year later) was much better.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
for that cheeseburger you ought to have a gun-license.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Yeah I saw the cheesiest commercial on TV (back when I watched TV) about some taco place. I made fun of the the ad at school then instantly had it turned around by basically everyone claiming its "THE" taco place in LA. So I went there, and OMFG.... those tacos are jesus. Its like the In-N-Out of tacos. But yeah, if you are ever in LA or SoCal check out Tito's Tacos.
edit on 30-9-2011 by Canned2na because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ReadyPower

did you really eat that????
it looks terrible....
i would have the squits for 3 days if i eat that....lol

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

there is a diner in the Sparta NJ area, in the middle of the highway lanes, that used to have good value food. a few years ago one of the Cable TV cooking channels guys, a young fellow with bleached spiky hair, visited the dinner and gave it the big thumbs up.

that was the kiss of death.

since then the prices have gone through the roof while the food is nothing to write home about. you can be assured of attitude and a large bill. i finally stopped going.

it's a shame, as there is not a heck of a lot of places in my area of North NJ for decent food at decent prices. most seem to favor pedestrian fare in bulk quantities, as they and their many children are the size of farm animals.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I went to that diner they're always at on Seinfeld in New York once... but it's only the outside shot that's used in the show, the inside's completely different. The grilled cheese was fine

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

Do you mean this guy? cdn03.okcdn.okmagazine.com...

Re cantsee4looking: Yeah, I ate it.. haha lucky I did not have any stomach problems.. stopped there on a trip from Cali to Okla and it was a bit more than halfway there... stomach problems and that much driving would have sucked.

Is the Seinfeld dinner usually busy?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I went to the restaurant Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks went to, in Sleepless in Seattle. Can't recall the name of it, but it was in the whole dock and market area. It was years ago. Pretty decent food as I recall.

I'm also a big fan of Emeril's restaurants (well known chef on TV). No matter what I've eaten there, everything was some of the best food I've ever eaten. It's about $125 for two of us to eat there too, so not cheap, but damn worth it.

On the contrary though, I've heard personally that Mamma and Sons (Paula Dean's restaurant) is nothing to write home about.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I've been to a few of the restaurants that were on Man Vs. Food. But no place that's been in a movie or non-reality tv show, I don't think.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Been to Thurman Cafe and Schmidts Sausage House from Man vs Food. Both places are very good. Good luck at getting into Thurmans though. Since the show was on it takes hours to get a seat and they dont take reservations.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
the only place i've been to from a movie or tv show wasn't a restaurant, but the stairs from the exorcist

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
A couple of Mario Batali's restaurants, Bobby Flay's and Matsuhisa's respective outposts in Manhattan and a couple of places that ended up on Kitchen Nightmares, including the most recent epsiode.

top topics

join