It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banks to charge money for debit card transactions!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
In perhaps one of the most stupidest and idiotic moves they've ever done some banks are looking at charging a monthly fee in order to use a debit card. The fee will be as high as $60 a year! Screw them!

Story
online.wsj.com...

Banks either considering or am doing it :
Bank Of America - Wells Fargo - JP. Morgan Chase & Co. - Regions Bank!

Dump these banks now, this will be a very huge blow to them this and #OccupyWallStreet will be a double hit that will lead to their demise.
edit on 30-9-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
In perhaps one of the most stupidest and idiotic moves they've ever done some banks are looking at charging a monthly fee in order to use a debit card. The fee will be as high as $60 a year! Screw them!

Story
online.wsj.com...

Dump these banks now, this will be a very huge blow to them this and #OccupyWallStreet will be a double hit that will lead to their demise.

They already charged me since i got debt card,i dont know what is so new about it... Maybe in US u didnt,but most of banks in Europe charge even cash withdraw...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
They already do it up here in Canada... didn't know it was anything knew either

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by John0Doe

They already charged me since i got debt card,i dont know what is so new about it... Maybe in US u didnt,but most of banks in Europe charge even cash withdraw...

Not for me in the UK and last time I looked we were in Europe.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Are you that poor? You can't absorb a $60 annual fee? Does it count against welfare recipients or something? I wonder if this horror can be circumvented by *gasp* paying with cash. ATS has gotten so anti establishment that I am sure you will be inundated with replies about the terrifying elite, TPTB, etc. Seriously, $60 a year is a small price to pay for the convenience of using a debit card. If you really can't afford it, go to the bank and take out your cash. I doubt foodstamps will be affected.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Are you that poor? You can't absorb a $60 annual fee? Does it count against welfare recipients or something? I wonder if this horror can be circumvented by *gasp* paying with cash. ATS has gotten so anti establishment that I am sure you will be inundated with replies about the terrifying elite, TPTB, etc. Seriously, $60 a year is a small price to pay for the convenience of using a debit card. If you really can't afford it, go to the bank and take out your cash. I doubt foodstamps will be affected.

Many of us were told by our banks that atm and debit transactions would be free and now they pull this mess. Can you say, "DECEPTIVE ADVERTISING"?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Ummm they've been doing this since the beginning.... they charge you money in order to keep open an account. You have to have an account to have a debit card. Most banks waive this fee if you have a direct deposit income.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Welp, that's it.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

We Australians already get charged for debit card transactions and have done for years. Jeez, everytime I go to the counter of the bank I get charged $2.50 just for any transaction on any of my accounts.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Nothing knew here, this bullsh*t has been happening in Australia for years.

Want to check your balance? $2
Want to access your money? $2
Want to print your balance on a receipt? $2

Absolutely disgusting, whats more disgusting is people just accepted this.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10

Originally posted by John0Doe

Not for me in the UK and last time I looked we were in Europe.

The Danish banks will charge you for withdraws made in other banks than your own... around 30 cent (euro currency) pr. withdraw.
Apart from that, when the EU and the state told banks that they were not allowed to charge foreign cards like Visa etc. they quickly wrote all their customers that they would now instead be issued Mastercard Debits instead, and now I pay a fee every year. Am I angry? Hell, I'm pissed...

Back in the days when credit cards came to be, the Danish state promised that consumers would never have to pay fees for the use of their cards, and here we are now. Despicable...
edit on 30/9/11 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
They charge for using your CC in most modernized countries, what's stupid
about it is how they're robbing us all blind while we stand around and
complain about how they're overcharging us. All anyone will ever do
is complain and bTch about it, when is Super Man going to fly down
in his blue leotards and red flowing cape and take these Btrds out,
anyone?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

$60 * 200 million Americans with bank accounts = Another $12 billion sucked annually out of our wallets.

That doesn't bother you though. Just keep defending anything the banks and corporations do.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1

Story
online.wsj.com...

Where have you been the last 6 months?...If you use an ATM machine at gas staiton etc it asks to ok charge for 2.00...and UK banks have been there before...they tried a stupid system whereas if you had less that 500 in your account you got charged some stupid fee...Guess what everyone did?...they moved their accounts to RBS (Royal Bank of Scotland) and Alliance and Leicester (who prided themselves on 'no charge')...I know recently those banks have been in trouble but at one point they were the epitomy of success...I don;t want to bring in Netflx here...but if it ain't broken don't fix it...so many companies onto great things,,,and then get greedy because they think there's no competition...they are not aware there's someone in their wings about to take their crown,..I will quote Microsoft and Apple etc what a comeback Apple is making!!!...Remember the Industrial Revolution...2011 will go down in history as the fastest moving year ever in the software industry...be it phones....and i pads etc, blackberry, android, Kindle flame...it's overwhelming.....

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I wonder how this fits into the NWO conspiracy that paper money is purposely being phased out.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeforeTheHangmansNoose
Nothing knew here, this bullsh*t has been happening in Australia for years.

Want to check your balance? $2
Want to access your money? $2
Want to print your balance on a receipt? $2

Absolutely disgusting, whats more disgusting is people just accepted this.
Ummm, I think that is a little bit misleading. I can check my balance online at any time for free and I don't usually print receipts but I can't remember ever being charged for one. However, we do usually have to pay a fee any time we withdraw money or make a transaction. ps - bitcoin ftw

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
im old enough to remember when there was no ATM cards and when there was a destinction between a debit card and a credit card...couldnt use a debit card for certain transactions...had to go to the the actual bank to get money. when ATMs first come out it was to save the banks money, ie less employees..now look at it...anything to charge you a fee to use the card and people seem to be ok with it

are the banks really that broke that they need to charge extra fees? and if there are, what does that say for the bank? do you want to be sticking your money in a bank that cant manage them selves? but in todays society..credit is king...the slow trend to turn people away from cash and barter so as to make sure the govt/businesses know where all your money is going and to tax and fee you accordingly. getting people to live outside thier means, buying things you actually cant afford to and charge lots more money for the privilage of them extending you credit...sorry i digress

fees to store and use your own money....hmmmmmm, why didnt i think of that

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Are you that poor?

Typical talk from a shill of the establishment. It's not about being poor, it's about what is right and how ridiculouus it is to be charged to spend your own money.

Anyone with a brain would close their accounts and move their funds elsewhere.

I only use my Credit Union accounts for my business transactions, I have cash secured away where I can reach it and will not be charged or robbed when SHTF.

You can trust these criminals at your own discretion, but don't get caught with your pants down when things go haywire and that ATM gets emptied. The bank won't be opening up their doors for you to hand over your money.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Banks in the US are now charging you for depositing more than 10 rolls of coins too, at 50 cents a roll. After the tenth roll, a roll of pennies will be worthless - except to the bank of course.

This is gratitude for the bank bailouts and how these banks will punish Washington or consumer groups for even thinking about banking reform. BofA is the worst of the bunch, someone needs to remind Wikileaks to release that incriminating evidence they have against them.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Are you that poor? You can't absorb a $60 annual fee?

It's called stealing.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join