It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conscience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
When im talking to someone i know we are at one. That myself is relating to their self, and this emotion between us binds, intimately, in spiritual contact. Every shift and change in energy changes the persons response. A confident reply will elicit an auspicious response. Conversely, a negative or depressed reply will turn the person off. The emotion binds, but it can also be a tyrant. An angry person will always turn people off from him. A self conscious person will drive people away. The emoton that can bind and create, can also do the opposite: it can destroy and torment. The predictability of its power does not offput it. It pushes through nonetheless and exercizes its strength without a dint of concern for the pain it causes.

The spirit lurks behind always....a particular environment can draw it out. If it be good, good. If bad, bad. One almost can feel enslaved by this determinism. Of being subject to something else.

The good and just is also before us always. The reason allows us to judge; "this is good", and "that is bad"...
Good, being synonymous with fair and just. Bad, with injustice and selfishness.

To defeat the determinism which draws me in, and trys to have me believe in its reality, is a fair and judicious use of the power to reason. To be just, and righteous, is an end enough initself. That ones conscience be clear, and his soul free from guilt. That the pain, sufferring, and injustice he experienced be cues in how to live. To be a force for good, and to always believe and trust in the power of goodness - that its goodness will never end as long as i trust in it.

But why would someone want to be good? maybe there are other ways to live and alternatives that appeal to different types of people. Perhaps the natural egotist feels shelled in by the rigorous use of conscience. Perhaps conscience is there for such a person to defy? To disallow its expression a sacrament of their life? How can anyone look at that and see it to be a thing good in itself; when it contains within it the seed of decay.

Good can be the only truth and the only reality. An evil person can be evil, but he will never be living in tune with what is true; and so such a person will ultimately suffer and lose everything that which he sought, to be left with nothing but the inventions of his earthly life; his experiences, and their logical effects on the deceased consciousness.

To be conscious is to recognize right and wrong. It is to be fully aware of the range of possible responses but to see just one single path, a single road whose way leads to happiness for all. Even the evil - the immoral minded, have the capacity to realize their state is one of falsehood and that they should seek the road of truth, of light and life. Such an understand requires the true exercize of consciousness; the power to deny the restrictive emotion which seeks to damage me. To offer me petty happiness in exchange for hurting others and permanent destruction for myself. Such a person should look inide with perfect clarity and see "I am not right", but nonetheless, it is so very right that you recognize you have a problem and need to fix it.

To hate evil is right. To fear evil is wrong. Not only wrong, but exceedingly pathetic and undignified to a human beings power. The only thing to be feared is walking in the ays of falsehood. To be evil - to be a force of evil, the sheer thought of that should repulse you. But evil itself should not feel as if it has any power. Fear, the greatest of all evils is obviated by fear of God. God - that ultimate principle of truth - is the only thing worthy of awe and admiration. He is the only thing to be 'feared, not in the sense of repercussion for faults; but for walking out of line of the divine will. To be an enemy of good, and the constructive, and the positive and beneficial for all and yourself; that is a thing to be "feared", and so to fear God to me is to reject wholeheartedly the illusion of falsehood. To know that the only truth man may know with certainty is the path of righteousness - conscience. That force guides him and lets him know where he is at.

new topics

join