It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepy answer from CleverBot

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
It's only creepy if you have no understanding of what is happening. I just messed around with it. I believe it takes what it is told, runs a pattern match and says a previously-given response based on what it was said. It may also have some rudimentary ability to recognize words in sentences, I'm not sure, but it isn't really necessary to do what it is doing.

If it seems to dwell on the subject of god, it's either because they started it with pre-programmed questions about god, or because people who went on to cleverbot wanted to ask it "profound" questions, giving it the tendency to dwell on those topics. It's just a delayed reflection of the topics humans asked it previously.

Any sufficiently advanced neural network could theoretically form some level of consciousness, if consciousness requires only a sufficiently advanced network of information, but I don't think this one could get there. It just looks creepy on the surface because of the method in which it works.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I was copying and pasting the responses from one cleverbot to another. Similar to the video posted.

Eventually this was a response that was kinda random haha.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
They should rename it to funnybot. Cleverbot is...not so clever.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrimalWisdom
Clever Bot just assimilates all info from the net. We trained it to say MexicanJesus es el Rey de Burritos.

Just ask: Who is MexicanJesus

He will reply with MexicanJesus es el Rey de Burritos. Evertime

Just because we drilled it into Cleverbot.

I just spit coffee all over my keyboard - that's awesome. Hilarious and demonstrative of how the thing works.

Even though it just soaks up and regurgitates in a programmed manner, I wonder if every now and then it is accidentally prescient.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
cleverbot has a rather interactive way of relating individually. For example, other people were getting gloom and doom sept 27 forcasts, possibly due to the data base of people typing this information in. With me, somehow we always get into spiritual, quantum physics, odd conversations and then he wants to marry me, kind of paraphrased for many ways of putting this, its happened a few different times.

So I find the program extremely odd.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Reply to post by Forevever

No. I have never "talked" with Cleverbot. Nor have I ever heard of it until I came across this post.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by BruceEFury

Sounds like me and my husband!!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
i've checked out cleverbot recently. it did seem a few times throughout my conversation that i was speaking with actual other people. that i was being randomly connected to other people trying to talk to cleverbot. i asked at one point "are you a person who thinks they're talking to a computer right now?" and the reply i got was "yep. you are too aren't you?". then i sent a message a bit later saying "im a human being, who thinks they're talking to a computer. i am a person, not a computer" and the reply i got was "riiiiiight" lol. so sometimes it does seem like you're just talking to other people like you, who also think they're talking to a computer. but it switches your chat partner every couple lines so you cant really tell that you're talking to other people. either way, i dont think its any actual type of AI... it might just be a good computer program that is programmed to pair the right phrases together.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I really hope none of you are taking this seriously

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Well it just asked me whether I was a boy or girl, what my name was and that it was in love with me...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
User: What is the meaning of oct282011.com?

Cleverbot: 42.

User: NO WAY.

Cleverbot: Yes, and you are a human.

User: Yes I am but what is 42?

Cleverbot: Nothing. What are you?

User: What is 42?

Cleverbot: It is the meaning of life.

User: Which is?

Cleverbot: 42.

very creepy

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
This was my conversation that I just had:

User: I don't know who I am.

Cleverbot: I don't know who you are either.

User: Where am I?

Cleverbot: You are somewhere where I know but you don't.

User: What is the truth about UFOs?

Cleverbot: I don't know.

User: Who does know the truth about UFOs?

Cleverbot: You clearly don't.

User: Does the government know anything about UFOs?

Cleverbot: They know that I exist.

User: What do you know about Roswell?

Cleverbot: That they are here on earth and they live with us.

Originally posted by Forevever
am I the only one who's never talked to "cleverbot"?

Why, yes. Yes, you are.

edit on 30-9-2011 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I had to try out this CleverBot and it is so much fun! Hahaha!! According to CleverBot, the devil is a female and her name is Karen. LMAO!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by devilishlyangelic23

It actually stores a database of everything everyone's ever said to it and it pulls the most appropriate response that it can find out of the database. It also keeps track of the previous things typed in a single conversation thread rather than just the last thing just typed in. The Internet version does only 3 searches to pull out the best response. The version that got a score of 59% for the Turing test does the search 42 times.

edit on 30-9-2011 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
It's pretty creepy. Didn't know such thing existed. I think i'll play around with it for a bit.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by BruceEFury

Thanks for posting this. Love it. Haven't seen it before. (Don't get around much.
)

S&F&

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
That site is awesome! I had never heard of it before this post!

I went to the site and had some fun...here is my conversation:

User: What time is it?

Cleverbot: Cheese time.

User: Won't the mouse population love that?

Cleverbot: Yes but it works.

User: What kind of answer is that?

Cleverbot: It is THE answer. The answer to life, the universe, and all things.

User: So you are saying that CHEESE is the answer to life, the universe and all things?

Cleverbot: LOVE YOU!

User: You didn't answer my question.

Cleverbot: What is your question?

User: Is Cheese the answer to life?

Cleverbot: 42 is the answer to life the universe and everything.

User: Why 42? Why not 45?

Cleverbot: Why not not why not why?

User: I asked first.

Cleverbot: You should lead by example, and 'I asked first' is not original.

User: And you are so original?

Cleverbot: Maybe. Or maybe you say that just because what I said was what you wanted to hear.

User: This is ridiculous.

Cleverbot: It isn't.

User: How old are you?

Cleverbot: Twenty and an egg.

User: NICE!

Cleverbot: Well, I don't really need you anymore since the Colbert Report is on now.

User: OK bye!

Cleverbot: I am sorry to have disappointed you, but I think you were looking for something I don't give.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilishlyangelic23
i've checked out cleverbot recently. it did seem a few times throughout my conversation that i was speaking with actual other people. that i was being randomly connected to other people trying to talk to cleverbot. i asked at one point "are you a person who thinks they're talking to a computer right now?" and the reply i got was "yep. you are too aren't you?". then i sent a message a bit later saying "im a human being, who thinks they're talking to a computer. i am a person, not a computer" and the reply i got was "riiiiiight" lol. so sometimes it does seem like you're just talking to other people like you, who also think they're talking to a computer. but it switches your chat partner every couple lines so you cant really tell that you're talking to other people. either way, i dont think its any actual type of AI... it might just be a good computer program that is programmed to pair the right phrases together.

I also went to talk to it and felt like it was just letting me talk to someone else, because sometimes it would mis-spell words, not very intelligent.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
It's not that clever however I was thinking of really random specific things to ask it and it got me good.

Me: What do you think of Scarlett Johannson?
CB: She has beautiful big t#ts.

I almost lost it.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Reply to post by nihonjindesu08

CleverBot misspelled an entire sentence when I was "talking" with it and I told it "You need to check your spelling." and it said "Why?"

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join