It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plans for a water powered car.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cogito, Ergo Sum

Originally posted by daskakik
It is an opinion but then again maybe Randi just had a better racket going than those he challenged. It was his challange.

Care to explain his "racket".

Make up a challenge that he never intended to pay. Use a screening process to this end. Extend his career and make extra cash from shows and book deals.

But, let's be clear Randi's paranormal challenge is not the HHO challange. The HHO challenge has been postponed.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

But, let's be clear Randi's paranormal challenge is not the HHO challange. The HHO challenge has been postponed.

Fair enough, if that is true, it's true. Could you back that up so that I could see for myself?

Make up a challenge that he never intended to pay. Use a screening process to this end. Extend his career and make extra cash from shows and book deals.

Either that or an illusionist who know's the tricks of the trade calling out the charlatans. Who never get past screening for obvious reasons.

edit on 29-10-2011 by Cogito, Ergo Sum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Cogito, Ergo Sum

It the first paragraph in the link that you posted.

www.aardvark.co.nz...

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The sponsors of the One Million Dollar HHO Challenge have chosen to postpone the competition.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

It the first paragraph in the link that you posted.

www.aardvark.co.nz...

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The sponsors of the One Million Dollar HHO Challenge have chosen to postpone the competition.

Could you explain what this person, or those he represents, has to do with the Randi Organisation. Or where he states he is, or is shown to be, speaking on there behalf?

He explains his private financial situation and backing to some degree. I didn't see any inference or mention of Randi's group, might have missed it. At any rate could you show me where Randi or his Organisation have changed their minds? They might have, but I would like to see it for myself, thanks.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

You need to check-out what you post. The video linked is a spot on Randi and it also links to randi.org and the aardvark link you yourself posted.

edit on 29-10-2011 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

You need to check-out what you post. The video linked is a spot on Randi and it also links to the aardvark link you yourself posted.

So an anonymous poster on you-tube speaks for the Randi Organisation? He cut and pasted from the other website where this is stated. Can you show me how this is linked with Randi? The link to his website shows the million dollar challenge is open and mentions nothing about changing his mind re hho. Other you-tube users tell me the world is coming to an end, yet I don't believe them either, do you?

If he has rescinded, fair enough. Still interesting. Again, could you show me where he has, directly? Thanks

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
If you can show me, that would be great. In the mean time I might simply send them an email and ask. A few hho "salesmen" might breathe a sigh of relief if he has. Though I doubt he has.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

It's a news spot and Randi is in the video. What more do you want?

At 0:35 they mention that "he even publicly offered a million dollars to anyone that can prove their gas saving gadget works"

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

It's a news spot and Randi is in the video. What more do you want?

At 0:35 they mention that "he even publicly offered a million dollars to anyone that can prove their gas saving gadget works"

How do you tie Randi with Bruce Simpson/Aardvark Daily of New Zealand? I want a bit more than your assumption, thanks.

This person is from Aardvark Daily, who also posted a million dollar challenge of his own (explained he had his own backers, on his site) and has since withdrawn. What you mention is a direct cut and paste from his website. He is the one who supposedly posted the you tube clip. I know he has withdrawn, he says so in his comments under the you-tube clip he posted and on his website. But he is a completely different person to James Randi (who I imagine knows nothing about that particular you-tube posting)

en.wikipedia.org...
energeticforum.com...

Again, can you show me anything from Randi withdrawing his challenge? Will save me contacting them (and derailing the thread).

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I have yet to see the Randi HHO challenge anywere. Searched for "HHO" at randi.org and got nothing about a fuel saving gadet challenge. You posted the video that did the tieing. It's in the description of the video you posted.

I don't see how contacting them and posting whether a fuel saving challenge exists would derail a thread on saving fuel.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I don't see how contacting them and posting whether a fuel saving challenge exists would derail a thread on saving fuel.

It won't, that's why you don't see it.

Arguing about it for pages on end will.

You told me Randi retracted, fair enough, show me.

I have yet to see the Randi HHO challenge anywere. Searched for "HHO" at randi.org and got nothing about a fuel saving gadet challenge. You posted the video that did the tieing. It's in the description of the video you posted.

I have explained that above. He is not James Randi. You are not looking hard enough if you can't find anything relating him to the hho scam.

You are assuming the retraction is from Randi. It is not. It is from Aardvark Daily.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

The guy in the video is James Randi. The video description gives a link to randi.org and aardvark. The same link that you posted here.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

The guy in the video is James Randi. The video description gives a link to randi.org and aardvark. The same link that you posted here.

This is getting a little difficult. Follow the link to the Randi site. Tell me where it retracts. Please?

Here you go, I'll put a link to Randi's site below. I can also do this on you -tube as much as you like. I can put a link to anything. I can make any challenges or retractions I like. Yet I am not Randi nor do I represent Randi. Do you get what I am saying?

www.randi.org...

It seems obviously part of his challenge, as explained in the video. It would be interesting if he retracted. If it works (hho scam) it does fall into the category of magic. It would change science as we know it.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I get that there was supposed to be 2 challanges but a quick search on randi.org came up with nothing and the other is officially postponed. So it looks like there is none.

You asked how I tied the two and I pointed out the video that you posted had done it for me and probably for anyone who takes the time to read the description.

ETA: Science changes science as we know it all the time.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I get that there was supposed to be 2 challanges but a quick search on randi.org came up with nothing and the other is officially postponed. So it looks like there is none.

I disagree. How do you know this?

Put in a challenge and see if you (not literally you, hho claimants) get through screening. It is part of his challenge, obviously, he has been shown publicly saying so.

ETA: Science changes science as we know it all the time.

This I agree with. If the proponents of the little electrolysis units and their claims ever back them up I will feel indebted. Then we could save. As yet all we have are huge claims in the form of anecdotes and some iffy looking sales practices. Not very scientific.

ps. Yes I have experimented with these units

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cogito, Ergo Sum
I disagree. How do you know this?

Because I searched on randi.com and nothing came up. Also google only came up with third party mentions just like the youtube clip.

If it is part of the main challenge then I don't think anyone will ever claim the million. If it is real and the science comes along to explain the "how" he will probably just say that it isn't paranormal.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

If it is part of the main challenge then I don't think anyone will ever claim the million. If it is real and the science comes along to explain the "how" he will probably just say that it isn't paranormal.

Fair enough. This is a very uninformed opinion though. Randi and his organisation have no say at all once it gets to this stage and both parties have to accept the results found by reputable scientific third parties. Simple screening is obviously necessary before this, or every person with mental illness (as an example) would need to be taken seriously. If you can show paranormal abilities beyond what reasonable chance would predict, or prove hho scam is valid go for it. You'll get through screening if it works. He can't back out then.

I see far more obvious reasons why this doesn't happen.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I get where your coming from but saying that randi's million being unclaimed is proof that something doesn't work is also unscientific.

The screening process could be the courtain hiding the great Oz.

My memory could be playing tricks on me but I recall a show where someone did something paranormal and he said that it could have been done with trickery. He didn't discover/prove how trickery was involved but he used this as the reason to dismiss the application. Not very scientific. Since then I have been suspicious of Mr. Randi.

Before you ask for proof I will say that this was a couple decades ago and just like many paranormal phenomona can't be reproduced. Guess I don't get the prize.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
It's already been done. Stan Meyers did it and people have been trying to reproduce it for years. So fa no on has been able to demonstrate it publicly. Google Stan Meyers for the whole story.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join