It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plans for a water powered car.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

I havent read the whole thread but I remember reading back in highschool about steam powered automobiles back in the late 1800s and early 1900s.

Seems like with todays modern tech we should be able to use the Hydrogen in water to power cars.

Whats the by product?
O2

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mindweaver
Seems like with todays modern tech we should be able to use the Hydrogen in water to power cars.

Whats the by product?
O2
No, it's not O2.

The byproduct of burning hydrogen is DHMO or Dihydrogen monoxide. People have died from inhaling relatively small amounts of DHMO.

Dihydrogen Monoxide FAQ

Each year, Dihydrogen Monoxide is a known causative component in many thousands of deaths and is a major contributor to millions upon millions of dollars in damage to property and the environment. Some of the known perils of Dihydrogen Monoxide are:

* Death due to accidental inhalation of DHMO, even in small quantities.
* Prolonged exposure to solid DHMO causes severe tissue damage.
* Contributes to soil erosion.
* Leads to corrosion and oxidation of many metals.
* Contamination of electrical systems often causes short-circuits.
* Exposure decreases effectiveness of automobile brakes.
* Found in biopsies of pre-cancerous tumors and lesions.
* Given to vicious dogs involved in recent deadly attacks.
After all that people still talk about how safe it is!

There's more information about DHMO here:
BAN DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Actually we don't have to guess.

It doesn't function so we don't need to guess how it functions:

Oh... have you made one?

(Second line)

Yes, I would like to second that motion. Can I answer? No, he hasn't built one, or even seen one, I would wager. I have had a few of these "it won't work" people apologize to me when I show them my working reactor, installed, wired and producing HHO. Then I show them the clean tailpipe.
Many have now snapped photos of it, a few made a diagram, several asked me where to get the parts. This is spreading, every day.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

The thing I've tried to research but find conflicting answers, is what the long term effect will be on the engine, if any. Some say it might shorten engine life, unless certain modifications are made. I think Autowrench also mentioned some question about that.

In truth, I am more worried about that than I am with saving gas. New engines are not cheap, and not an easy install in a G-20 Van. I tore down the heads after running it for a year and a half. I saw no rust at all, and the valves, valve seats, combustion chambers, and exhaust ports were all exceptionally clean, no soot, or carbon at all. As a long time mechanic, I can tell you I was astounded at this. This is an engine that has over 100,000 miles on it. I would say that as long as you run good quality motor oil, I use Rotella myself, and good two stage oil filter, such as a Fram, change plugs three times a year, air cleaner twice a year, primary wires every two years. We run a 45,000 Volt MSD ignition coil on a stock module, timed at 2 degrees before TDC. Keep her tuned and with fresh oil, I see no long term effects at all in running HHO.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by moebius

It would be awesome if autowrench could do some simple consumption tests and document them to get a better idea of what is going on. It would certainly strengthen his claims. But he is of course not obliged to do so.

The testing I do is for myself alone, I just post this so others can make one. I can tell you thins...before the modifications, the van got 14 mpg, now it gets 30-32 mpg. That is the only testing I need, friend.

One possible way to explain this effect would be that you would be enriching the air with oxygen, analogous to nitrous oxide injection. It would also explain the increase in the consumption. But that is speculation on my side.

I will not just speculate, I'll tell you. Hydrogen always goes North, while Oxygen always goes South. What the gas is that feeds into the throttle body is mostly Hydrogen, which has a much higher rate of burn than gasoline, and burns hotter, and cleaner than gasoline. By turning down the voltage feeding the two fuel injectors, I cut the fuel going through them, and make up for that with the HHO. HHO bonds with any combustible fuel, even CNG and Diesel.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by moebius
Well every theory starts with a hypothesis which must be falsifiable or say verifiable. And if we are not too strict a hypothesis is not much more than an educated guess. The hypothesis as such is not false by default.

Actually, the null hypothesis is considered to be correct until evidence is presented to support the hypothesis. Thus, the hypothesis is considered false until evidence is presented to support it.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

running engines on hydrogen is the best starting point

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Dihydrogenmonoxyd..

I grinned. Not LOL, that would be too much. Just a grin, nevertheless.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope

Dihydrogenmonoxyd..

I grinned. Not LOL, that would be too much. Just a grin, nevertheless.

It's everywhere! IT'S EVERYWHERE! *runs away screaming*

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by EmilNomel

Originally posted by dainoyfb
The problem that everybody has when trying to get a system of this nature working is that it takes more energy to make the HHO than the engine can produce with the HHO available from it's own production.

that is not true!
the alternator produces more energy than what's needed to make the HHO

the problem that i can see is safety...

considering the HHO gas pressure build up and it's combustion...
how safe is this system from not exploding your vehicle?

Well one aspect is gasoline vapor is also explosive, go try some time, lol.

The explosion is kinda needed for combustion.

No idea how much hydrogen gas is made from electrolysis.

The current cost of making hydrogen has it out of range compared to other fuels.

The video could be faked, I don't have any other proof other than
if it were that easy ppl would already be using it in several other countries.

Brown's gas theory has been around a long while, it has never got
off the ground.

I think biological hydrogen production has better odds of working out.

The hydrogen fuel tanks will be based on tech they figured out from
carbonized chicken feathers, google it and its quite interesting.

We can do hydrogen right now, but we won't because that does not fit
the current welfare - warfare paradigm that the controllers love so much.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

No idea how much hydrogen gas is made from electrolysis.

Enough to explode, friend. I gave my 72 year old uncle a reactor, a one quart large mouth Mason jar, plastic lid with three stainless steel 5/16 bolts and a "L" fitting. I gave him some hose, about 6 foot of it, and a little Food Grade Lye. I told him to mix it one teaspoon of the lye to the quart, right? The next day, out in his garage, thankfully not in my Aunt's kitchen! He hooks up a battery charger to the poles and starts the process. Then he takes the hose, stretches it out, and lights his lighter to the end of it. The reactor exploded into thousands of little pieces, all over the garage. Thankfully, he wasn't hurt. My point here is: The gas is very explosive! Never forget that, if you wish to experiment with this.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
O f f Sake....Enough talking already...

Just build one and give it to the ppl..
Talk is so overrated...

If any one has one of these cars...
Throw it in the heads of the sceptics
and be over with it.....

Im telling you right out. If i had the knowlage and the schematics
id make a chainmail and send it like a virus over the internet...
Force it down the throats of EVERY goddamn conection
available. That way NO ONE would be able to supress it...

Buuut..
I dont have either so it wont come from me...
Although i hope someone has...And does...

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miccey
O f f Sake....Enough talking already...

Just build one and give it to the ppl..
Talk is so overrated...

If any one has one of these cars...
Throw it in the heads of the sceptics
and be over with it.....

Im telling you right out. If i had the knowlage and the schematics
id make a chainmail and send it like a virus over the internet...
Force it down the throats of EVERY goddamn conection
available. That way NO ONE would be able to supress it...

Buuut..
I dont have either so it wont come from me...
Although i hope someone has...And does...

Well, I am trying just that. I have a sign in the rear window of my van that says, "Hybrid Chevy Home Built - Double Mileage- Clean Engine - Ask Me!"
I happily show it off to anyone who asks, or I can get interested in it. It seems the four wheel drive people are interested, I spoke a few days ago with a guy, nice 1500 Chevy 4-wheeler, lots of goodies. I got to taking to him, and asked his mileage? Oh, he says, about 16 on a good day. So I took him out and showed him mine. He was visibly impressed, took many photos, and made a drawing of the wiring and such.

The truth is, these devices are not for the lazy person, it must be maintained and serviced on a regular basis. So that right there chases off most people. Some are scared of a technology they know nothing about. You should see the look on some faces when I tell them the technology is over 90 years old!

GENERAL
1. If it's so good, why haven't I heard about it? You're hearing about it now! Water-fuel technology has been around since...you'll find it hard to believe...the year 1800! The first internal combustion engines ran on Hydrogen (made from water) for the first 8 years until they "invented" gasoline. Our do-it-yourself design is based on old-old U.S. patents from 1884 and 1918. Amazing but true. This is not new! Now Hydrogen is coming back. It's in fashion, everybody's talking about it – and tens of thousands are actually doing it! They are generating Hydrogen at home or on board their vehicles, rather than buying Hydrogen at the pump. That's good, because if we'd be buying Hydrogen at the pump, it would pull us back all the way to square one – being dependent on a monopoly for such vital resources as transportation, home energy and hospitals (emergency diesel generators).
text source

Eventually, people will get it, and someone will invent a self contained unit that is plug and play, and they will sell them for a few thousand dollars each. If the government sticks to their money for play campaign, and try to build hydrogen gas stations and cars with an onboard tank, we will see much destruction. If two cars with a tank of hydrogen crashed together and burned, the resulting explosion would take out a large area.
We have to make the gas on Demand. That is the only safe way to do it.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
And more talk....Talk talk talk....

Document the car inside out...Pictures, schematics videos..
Reveal it all...

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miccey
And more talk....Talk talk talk....

Document the car inside out...Pictures, schematics videos..
Reveal it all...

I did. www.abovetopsecret.com...
Scroll to second page for recent updates. I have documented everything from first unit install, to various updates and redesigns, the pics are there of the unit working. If that isn't good enough for you, I guess you will have to drive to Ohio and see for yourself.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
For those so sure that their bogus unrealistic claims of making their car more efficient using the electrolysis jars, here is a link that will certainly help you no end. All you need do is to demonstrate that you are telling the truth in genuine controlled experiment and he will give you a cool $1,000,000. He has even written to people who make such claims, no one has got back to him yet, wonder why.............?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Cogito, Ergo Sum

Randi had a screening process that kept his million safe from being payed out.

If you look at the info of that vid you'll see that the "The sponsors of the One Million Dollar HHO Challenge have chosen to postpone the competition."

Wonder why?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

Randi had a screening process that kept his million safe from being payed out.

That's your opinion (and the opinion of many and varied charlatans). Others would say it is to find out if something is worth even expending the calories on. Seems simple enough. Car gets 15mpg without unit, car gets 30 with unit. $1,000,000. Know anyone who tried?

Wonder why?

If you look at the info of that vid you'll see that the "The sponsors of the One Million Dollar HHO Challenge have chosen to postpone the competition."

Wonder why?

As far as I know the Randi million dollar challenge is still open, as per the organisation's website. Seems he hasn't been the only one to extend this challenge though.

www.aardvark.co.nz...

edit on 29-10-2011 by Cogito, Ergo Sum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

It is an opinion but then again maybe Randi just had a better racket going than those he challenged. It was his challenge. If he didn't want to waste time then why even come up with it.

The quote is from the description of the video that you linked.

edit on 29-10-2011 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

It is an opinion but then again maybe Randi just had a better racket going than those he challanged. It was his challange.

Care to explain his "racket".

If he didn't want to waste time then why even come up with it.

It is not unreasonable to have a screening process for extraordinary claims, to first see if they are genuinely worthwhile to undergo testing, wouldn't you say? As I understand it, it is not Randy's money at all and once someone gets through the screening and agreement is reached on the challenge, a third party controls this process from then on. A bit of trouble to go through for every extraordinary claim out there.

The information you posted was from another website. I am unaware of the Randy organisation retracting it's challenge.

I also think you may have misunderstood, I would genuinely think it great if someone proved these things work as claimed. This would change science as we know it and allow me to spend less on fuel. My experience tells me otherwise.

edit on 29-10-2011 by Cogito, Ergo Sum because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join