It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside Scientology's Super Power Building...where worshippers of the controversial religion will be

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Inside Scientology's Super Power Building...where worshippers of the controversial religion will be told they can become superhuman

www.dailymail.co.uk

The Super Power Building in Clearwater, Florida, is due to finally open later this year after being beset by a long series of delays, which saw construction halt and costs spiral.

The imposing structure, a bizarre cross between a Mediterranean-style hotel and the Starship Enterprise, boasts 889 rooms, an indoor running track and Nasa-style training equipment to help worshippers boost their 'theta' power.

The building contains specially-developed equipment, which the church claims,'expands on the technology developed by Nasa to train astronauts'.

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 30/9/2011 by cripmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Finally Scientologists can develop the super powers they spent so much on getting!!!

I feel for them I really do and I don't think the Super Power Building is a waste of money. Too bad this project has taken so long, especially considering that saving the human race is their ultimate goal and super human powers would be helpful. I guess it takes a while to come up with the money to cover all the luxuries essential to developing super powers. But hey, that's the way they work and we shouldn't pick on them. Freedom of religion right?

I wonder how much they will charge for the Superman course?

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 30/9/2011 by cripmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I hope this doesn't turn into a multimillion dollars Jim Jones thing. Hopefully somebody will have some common sense to pull out of this cult.Why are people so stupid ? They might as well be watching and believing the flying spaghetti man!
edit on 30-9-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I love Scientology, its like a parody religion. Everything they do just gets more and more ridiculous, and believers just go with it. I say they have an awesome business model. Why sell a product when you can sell a belief its the most perfect form of branding.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
well i guess the rich have to rid their boredom somehow...

whatever. as long as they keep it legal.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

That's awesome, that place looks so chill. It has a futuristic, spacecraft feel to it. It seems like a crazy religion to me, and I can't see how people would actually want to be a part of it, but compared to other religions the concept really isn't too out there. Plus look how awesome their set-up is, most churches just have some uncomfortable oak benches

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

It seems like a crazy religion to me, and I can't see how people would actually want to be a part of it, but compared to other religions the concept really isn't too out there.

I agree but you have to pay lots of money to the Church of Scientology to find out. In my opinion that's a business model and not a religion.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Southpark tells all! Here's a compilation of Southpark explaining mixed with Hubbard saying it also... absolute confirmation lol:

edit on 30-9-2011 by pianopraze because: fixed link

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Those crazy Scientologists! No matter what super powers they claim to have, the truth will always be their Kryptonite!

IRM

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Oh, HE## ya! I may join just to go visit that place. Lol I always wanted a vacation in space.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I walk by that place on a daily basis when heading to work...the scientologists stare right through you and seem to rarely acknowledge people who are not part of the church. I find it fascinating that they don't even attempt to operate ambiguously...I mean, they clearly present themselves as a cult, with uniforms e.c.t. Ive always wanted to approach them while they wait for their church bus and say "level with me, do you guys really believe this or what"?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
With all those rooms it sounds like the kind of place some people might enter, and never be seen again.
I wonder what the futuristic dungeon looks like?
Unlike their previous prison camps, at least this one cannot be filmed from the air.
Reminds me more of V than Star Trek.
edit on 30-9-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

That episode of South Park was great. I thought the best part were the credits at the end where everyones name was John or Jane Smith.

For those who haven't seen it, the full episode can be seen here.

www.southparkstudios.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
i guess they were a big fan of the lawn mower man, and apple asthetics or something.

and nothing says alien technology like a big useless sphere of glass.

alien technology!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I don't understand how they can't get the joke. L. Ron Hubbard began his career as a science-fiction writer for crying out loud!

The bigger the lie, the more it will be believed. And the more you pay to get in, the more you'll staunchly defend your right to do so.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
nag nag nag... that is all you do

How about stop #ting the same # out of your mouths like the MSM does and do some research by yourself?! Who does hating scientology serve??! Us??! Or the gouvernment?!
The gouvernment and MSM is the reason why it's demonized and ridiculed... and you're all like!
Baaaaaaaaaaah, Baaaaaaaaaaaaah let's be nice sheep and agree with everything they say and believe everything they show us!

You all are completly pathetic, but I forgive you!
I am sorry!

I love you all!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
If Christians believe Jesus rose from the dead and had super powers, i do not see why scientoligists cant have them also.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I saw this clip recently which shows a picket by a few protestors seemingly associated with the Lisa McPherson Trust outside a Scientology building in Clearwater.
The trust was formed by Bob Minton, and named after Lisa McPesrson.
It aimed to spread awareness of Scientology's illegal activities, although it was apparently bankrupted by legal action around 2001.

McPerson was a Scientologist who had a mental breakdown, and after a minor car accident she began removing her clothes in hysterics, and was whisked away by ambulance.
The Scientologists then collected her at the hospital and she died 17 days later.
She had been locked into a dark room for those days, and her body was covered in cockroach bites.
en.wikipedia.org...

Whatever the case, here we see the lone protestors, and soon a whole crowd of "Thetans" arrives, and for 50 minutes there is some of the most intense verbal confrontation I have ever seen.

Now most people would say that one should let four middle-aged dudes with posters march until they get tired and go home.
But not the Scientologists.
I wonder if this is normal?
Would your church act like this?
I'd love to see the Westboro Church picket the Scientologists.
Now that will be fun!

edit on 30-9-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Good god that room is hideous.
If that's what the future is supposed to look like you can all's shove it.
Kiss ma thetan.
edit on 30-9-2011 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join