It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dialing in on the onset of full adult maturity, in future generations! What age would you choose?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Explanation: What if we could control the onset of full adult maturity in our future generations of kids?

By taking the current onset of adolesence to be at age 13yrs old [arbitarily choosen], at what age would you [by whatever means] set the dial at? 1yr, 3yrs, 5yrs old???

Personal Disclosure: Please stay on topic ok. This thread isn't yet about technical details of how to do this or how it is impossible to do ... also it is not about the ethical debates on why it should or should not be done!

BUT I am quite willing to engage in such conversation via replies to any member who gives me a direct answer to my question and then asks me about a specific weak and or strong links in the entire argument that OL is shadowing under and behind this little exercise... because really .. do you think I need those silly numbers?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
25. I want to be fully grown.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

Explanation: Uhmmm?

What don't you understand about the terminology?

full adult maturity

Full .. means full in every way .. voting rights, physical+sexual+mental maturity, the ability to procreate on their own and sustain themselves in every way.

Personal Disclosure: Thanks for showing me your weak link! I don't like it! I'm not trading anything in my argument for that!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
You bottom! lol.

My fault. Still would rather be 25. 18's hips are too narrow. Full grown or not.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
21 i think i get it now so 21

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Don't bother, some people never grow up. 70 years later they still can't make up their mind and they're acting like a child.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Well lets see.

I suppose that it would be most advantageous to have each person get as much possible use out of their life as possible so I would set the dial low to give everyone more years in which they can be productive and add something to the world.
No point in spending so long downloading the program when all you really want to do is get straight into playing the game.

So.... I vote for 1 day

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

Explanation: Strike two! Uhmmm?

This thread is about future generations and not you!

Sure it requires you to give and answer and you did and I appreciate the bumps up the recents page etc very much but can you please reread the OP and stay on target with the topic at hand, or stay out!

Personal Disclosure: Here is your own words coming back at you ...

You bottom! lol.

edit on 29-9-2011 by OmegaLogos because: Edited buggy emoticon

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Forty-Two.

Okay, I admit to being a fan of the book/movie Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy but it's true.

I was pretty much at my peak at the age of 42 and now I'm 49 and I can feel the decline.

"Now I'm 49 and I can feel the decline."

I'm a poet and didn't even know it.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Explanation: St*rred!

Personal Disclosure: And dave strikes the motherload with his 1st broadside! I can see why you have silver trim status!

I suppose that it would be most advantageous to have each person get as much possible use out of their life as possible so I would set the dial low to give everyone more years in which they can be productive and add something to the world.

I have edited to underline the bit I agree with 100% and i have made some emphasis within that by boldin the important bits that I think need highlighting [since you have revealed one of my argumenst strongest links... I want to show it off ok
].

The rest of that quoted bit, sounds like slavery by proxy!

The rest of your post however makes up for that and I only question you as to why you went for the mass appeal by making these future generations beholden to us. Why are we having kids? Is it for us or for them?

I'd say it was for us and for TAX PURPOSES!

Would you agree?

edit on 29-9-2011 by OmegaLogos because: Edite to fix buggy emoticon

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

i'll agree with Dave

edit on 9/29/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Are you asking a biological question, a legal question, a spiritual question or an educational question?

Biological maturity varies a lot but most attain it, for all practical purposes, between 15 and 18.

If we could ramp people up legally, spiritually and educationally by that age, it would be a smart move, because a lot of teenagers are ready to go and want to start contributing, and the main reason they rebel is from a feeling of being held back.

The big blocker has been education. But we have, in fact, been educating kids much too slowly. Most kids could learn much faster than we take them through school. After all, they are spiritual beings and they already "know" plenty!

If they could be gotten up to speed educationally, then that opens the possibility of granting them full legal and spiritual (moral) rights at an earlier age than we do now.

I wish the kids could make their own decisions about these things. At 25 I probably still wasn't fit to be a full-fledged adult. But I've known 14 year olds that did a very acceptable job of it.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by l_e_cox

Explanation: I am asking a what number would you set the dial at 1st of all and then I am willing to engage in any otherstuff that is related to the subject at hand.

Personal Disclosure: You didn't answer the OP's question ... so no soup [star] for you!

P.S. I really wanted to star your post because it was very well written and brought up quite a few links in my argument, BUT OL won't let you dodge fulfilling my basic requests pointed out in my OP.

Please Note: The dial goes from 0 to 13yrs old in range!

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Explanation: Bumped to help generate ad revenue!

Personal Disclosure: Enjoy!

new topics

top topics

join