It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of the Best preserved underground bunkers in the UK to visit.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Ive had a search here on ATS but found nothing.
Anyway, my Thread is about an underground bunker in East Yorkshire, Holmpton UK.
RAF Holmpton.
When i was a young kid i always wanted to go investigate & go explore it.
Shady things seemed to go on there, a load of us used to go camping near it when we was 15- 16 getting drunk having a laugh, then going for a surf ( Not really recommended!.)
A few times we went on night time stealth missions up to the fence & climbed over using Royal mail post sacks wrapped round the barbed wire & what ever else we could find to make it as comfy as posssible to scramble over..
The plan always was, to try get in through the ventilation shaft.
It never happened though as a few times we got chased off the site, by MP's with dogs.
Only just escaping in time & nearly s$"tting our pants.
If they wanted to catch us i reckon they could of.
We'd go back to base camp after the little mission, heart beating proper fast getting all paranoid that they were coming for us, ( Never did though).

Sometimes we saw black helicopters land there ( Not sure what type & their was no landing pad) & white vans arrive at the site with flurrys of activity then silence & calm not a trace of anyone around it seemed, or patrolling.
Now a days its open to the public where you can get a guided tour around the underground bunker,
Part of it is still classfied from what i can gather, to do with UK ACCIS ( UK Air Control & Command Information System).
Im still figuring out ATS at the moment so i can only put a link up ( i hope!)
If you like Underground bunkers i recommend going & having a look around if you get the chance.
www.rafholmpton.com...

Take it Easy

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikey303oNaRoLL

Thanks for a great new place to add to my bucket list. That looks like it would be a very interesting tour to take if ever in the area. I know of a few bunker/silo tours in the U.S., but nothing quite like that.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Hi Mikey ,

you may be interested in this thread i put up last week. :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

a look inside a bunker that had a new upgrade.

snoopyuk

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikey303oNaRoLL

If I was a bit closer this would make a great day trip with my old Dad!

Thanks for sharing - it's a great looking tour, with what seems to be a nice location for a pint in one of the beer gardens on a sunny day (after you've ascended from the belly of the Earth..!!)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
If I ever get a chance to visit the UK this place will surley be on my list of attractions to visit.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

top topics

join