It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama Shops at Target!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but shopping at a Target isn't going to make me believe she is "one of us". For one, how often do you see her out shopping at any store? (Although, this could be due to security reasons and nothing more.) Maybe she sould try a Dollar General or a Big Lots. Haha!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

I can honestly say she could walk right past me and i would'nt know who she was. I don't think people pay nearly as much attention to first ladies as the do there husbands. With the notable exception of Hillary Clinton most women stay in the background.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Bah. Some of you have got to be kidding. OF COURSE this is poli-tricks as usual. Do you think the manager of that Target had no idea she would be coming in? Their entire days are planned in advance.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
They are trying to improve her image to the common man.

An old cowboy told me once "You can polish a turd, but it's still a turd."
Michelle is just as hateful, sullen and trecherous as before that photo op at the target store.

Money sure hasn't bought the Obama's class.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Did you really fall for this fake ass, staged photo op?
Do you really think a multimillionaire first lady actually needs or wants to go shopping at Targe' for anything?
c'mon man' it's so staged that it is actually funny.
How desperate they are to get votes and donations, have you heard of the $3 dollar raffle ticket to win a dinner with his highness?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
This is such a propaganda piece and people are lapping it up.

1. Completely unrecognizable in a baseball cap.....

Seriously? The 30 secret service agents parked outside didn't alert anyone??

2. She was buying cleaning supplies.....

Oh yes. And we envision her on her hands and knees scrubbing the Oval Office herself, right?? Then what the heck are the taxpayers paying $16M for 30+ servants for?

This is just ridiculous crap being spewed to help Obama relate to the "real people". Since his popularity is in the toilet, he's hoping his wife will bump up his numbers.

Pathetic.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by lokdog

Give me a break.

Nancy Reagan.
Jackie O.
Eleanor Roosevelt.
Betty Ford.

Any of those ring a bell?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Or... Target has a natural line of cleaners that walmart doesnt.

Most people who are rich stay that way because they don't spend money.

I know plenty of rich people who pinch a penny till it screams.

As for a photo op, people around DC are used to politicians, They dont look for them. If you want to try to stay inconspicuous as a politician, you would shop around DC.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Oh Lord.

This is not a "politician". This is the First Lady for cryin' out loud. She doesn't go anywhere without an entire caravan, so yeah....I think people would notice.

And you really are going to stand by her desire for cheap or natural cleaning products? Really? Then what does the entire STAFF of the White House do?

I guess now I see the benefit to these propaganda pieces -- some people actually believe them.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Cleaning supplies?

Illegal Uncle Omar paying a visit soon?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

There is already a thread on this.

SO what she shops at Target. What is the big deal!? She is still human and Target rocks.

You people make her out to be some celeb type. That is the problem!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Treating anyone in that manner is just plain silly.

People of this Earth, so hung up on "what" people are, and not "who" they are. Meanwhile, the people we actually choose as "leaders" end up arguing over what degree of immoral and corrupt they are compared to the other.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Yeah thay all ring a bell and i would'nt notice any of them if they were standing next to me in a Target store. What are you one of those creepy people who's always staring at folks in stores? That's not cool.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

You really think FLOTUS penny-pinches? Think again. She likely spends more on her vacations and outfits than any other First Lady in history. Say what you will about the GOP candidates, but I don't remember any GOP president sending his wife to a pee-on's store to make the family look like 'regular folks' during campaign season. Every move this President and his family make until the election is going to be to get elected. You really don't understand that? Smarten up, my friend.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ChicagOpinion

As someone who lives outside DC, I would know.

These people go do "pee on things" more then you think.

Always a damned if you do, damned if you won't with haters. Now if she couldn't tell you the price of a cleaning product, you would call her an elitist.

They went to law school and got good jobs, they make money. They can spend it how they want. Get over it.
edit on 1-10-2011 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
An interesting thread would be when she is found shopping at a 99 cent store... Target isn't that ghetto come on, for clothing maybe not so good, but for household accessories its perfect.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChicagOpinion

You really think FLOTUS penny-pinches? Think again. She likely spends more on her vacations and outfits than any other First Lady in history. Say what you will about the GOP candidates, but I don't remember any GOP president sending his wife to a pee-on's store to make the family look like 'regular folks' during campaign season. Every move this President and his family make until the election is going to be to get elected. You really don't understand that? Smarten up, my friend.

While I iagree with your analysis that this story is played up for the political value in a long campaign season. I have to laugh at your obvious tip of the partisan hand by your defense of GOP candidates.

The VERY same criticism could be made of politicians from any decade, in either party, since the 1950's. To point at the current Dem FLOTUS and criticize here while actively DEFENDING previous public Republican woman is partisan hypocrisy.. And I laugh at that.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

**Question...Does this look staged???

Figures. White House Tipped Off AP Reporter Ahead of Michelle Obama’s Target Photo-Op

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by wutz4tom

i liked the other article on that website. michelle painting in a designer tee shirt that cost over $200. real "thrifty". she has 30 servants for a reason, folks.

yeah..no one recognized her...but luckily she walked in front of a camera man taking a picture at just the right time

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Yeah, sure, she shops at Target. I'm sure its her favorite place. She's just like us!

People actually believe this stuff? Its just a staged photo op, nothing more, nothing less.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join