It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama Shops at Target!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
It seems as though Michelle Obama was seen shopping at a target near DC.

The first lady, hard to recognize in a baseball cap and sunglasses, shopped Thursday at a Target store in Alexandria, Va., just outside Washington. Casually dressed Secret Service agents arrived about a half-hour before Mrs. Obama, who walked in through the main entrance with an assistant. She spent 20 minutes shopping, pushing her own cart. She was recognized only by the cashier who rang up her purchases.

Very interesting to see the First Lady out and about buying cleaning supplies and towels. I am not a big supporter, but at least we know they can't charge the taxpayers $300 for some towels and Comet because MO got it for $20 at Target!

No matter what your political view is, this is funny stuff.

Since coming to the White House, Mrs. Obama has lamented missing out on what she calls "normal stuff," like Target runs.

MSNBC
edit on 29-9-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I don't like either one of them but I think it's great they shop at Target, of course ...

it could just be a photo opp "hey look at me, I'm normal just like all of you, I shop at Target, so vote for my husband!!"

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Could be a photo opp, quite true!

What I find funny is that if my wife had the choice to clean or not......she wouldn't clean and would have no problem telling you that!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Why is there a thread for this?

Has ATS become TMZ?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Election time is getting closer.

Photo op.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Let's "ATS" this topic up a bit for sensationalism the forum is known for...

Michelle Obama is a target that coincidentally shops at target!!@#!@#911truth!@#@!lizard!@#UFO!@#

There that should make it fit right in now

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Touche!

I posted this because it shows that even those in power are no human than we are.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I have seen this before.....
In premeditated murders the spouse is caught on surveillance cameras purchasing supplies needed to clean up the murder scene.
She plans on killing her husband disposing of his body in her victory garden.
OMG

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Aww. Three Cheers For The Photo Opportunity!!!!

I wonder if MSNBC picked up the tab for her at Target? I am sure the story generated enough ad revenue for them that they would be all too happy. Heck, why not...

....Three More Cheers For More Filler Fluff Content In The MSM!!!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

My guess they may be trying to undo the bad press related to..the big party spending and overall Extravagant lifestyle on the broke taxpayers wallet.

edit on 29-9-2011 by wutz4tom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Now that I think about it, you are right.

My intention was to put a more human outlook on the people in charge, not create a cashcow for msnbc.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
It's PR. Target is 'common' enough to appeal to the masses. But it is a much better choice than Target's biggest competitor, Wal Mart, which carries a lot of negative weight in many circles. So Michelle gets to look 'common' and 'thrifty' without contributing to that negative 'Wal MArt' mentality.

Well thought-out PR

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Anyone else think this story could be completely untrue?
I mean how many Target employees(The cashier was the only person in store who identified her) are going to see her and say "Are you Michelle Obama?"
Think about it...if the employee is wrong...it's going to look very bad for them, and they'll probably be called a racist and say that they are saying all black people look the same.
It seems to me it could be just a made up story made to make Michelle look good to the people.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I certainly find it interesting how they feel comfortable with letting FLOTUS mingle among the same people they'd be all but strip searching at the airport or many other public spaces today. So, are citizens a threat or not? I'm thinking actions speak awfully loud and this says ....not near as much as we're led to think.
edit on 29-9-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Not so fast in a rush to judgment here!

A sheeple would be saying, "OH, how nice, she IS one of the people. shopping at Target. I won't forget that at voting time."

A true conspiracy freak, (ahem, myself for one) will look at that story and wonder about another story that is out today. It is another one of those "White House Insider" stories that appears every few weeks and tends to rat on on the inner arguments and personal goings-on in the WH. This most recent one describes a supposedly totally over-the-top blow up that Michelle had recently.

Is it fair game to suspect that a WH advisor suggested to the First Lady that a little trip to the local Target would be just the ticket to help hubby get the big ticket he so desperately needs at this stage? I can imagine her outrage and wanting to kill, but I can imagine that cooler heads pervailed and she relented for a 20-minute trip that would be "announced/revealed" after she was back safely to the WH. The good deed for hubby would have been done.

(I suspect she was originally asked to shop at Walmart and that is what prompted the fit.)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Gmoneycricket

A ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!
I seriously just almost fell of my chair reading this!!!

LMFAO!!!
edit on 29-9-2011 by desertdweller1 because: typo

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
My wife works there, and I have worked there before. Great company. The post had no real background so I thought I'd contribute. Besides, they help pay the bill that allows me to get on here.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
What else was she buying? Chicken wings, blue cheese and chocolate? Then she can continue telling us we need to eat healthy!

www.politifake.org...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Clearly a poorly devised photo opportunity. For starters, she's only there to try to make it seem that "Us Obama's are just like you!". Secondly, if she wanted to make a better impression, why doesn't she shop locally at small mom and pop stores to even further claim that, "Hey, us Obama's support small American businesses."

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
You just have to remember that what ever is done and presented to the public is the cover story. It always works opposite, atleast in most cases. Take what the press, government and who ever else tells you, reverse it and voila, you now know the hidden truth and for what purpose it is done and what is expected to be achieved.
Michelle isnt shopping, she just wants to stay in the white house for that little longer.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join