It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Flu vaccine is found tainted in factory, shipments delayed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   
While many have described the possibility of a nasty flu season, word is that the company that supplies half of the flu shots for the US has found tainted doses.

www.katu.com
SAN FRANCISCO - The nation's supply of vaccine for the impending flu season took a big hit Thursday when Chiron Corp. announced it had found tainted doses in its factory.

The company said it will hold up shipment of about 50 million shots - about half the supply U.S. health officials had hoped to have on hand this year - while it investigates what went wrong and determines whether the vaccine is safe to use.

"There's no product that is going to go into the arms of the American public that will not have been deemed to have met the highest standards of safety," chief executive Howard Pien said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

A couple of years ago, this wouldn't be news. It should be noted, however, that in this day and age anything like this could be potentially significant.

While there is no proof that any sort of terrorism or tampering is involved, it is just another one of those stories that may need some further investigation.

[edit on 8-27-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Now you tell me! I don't trust the flu shot, I think it makes people more vulnerable to the flu. I do trust my doctor though who tells me that my 1 year old daughter should have her pneumonia shot.

If my kids doctor didn't treat me as a child then I would laugh at him and tell him to forget it. My daughter, Eliza, just got her shots day before yesterday. So far so good, but I am very wary of the flu shot. Sometimes I think the body just needs to build immunity on it's own.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
August 27, 2004
By M.A.J. McKENNA
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

International health officials are increasingly concerned that the elements giving rise to a long-feared international epidemic of influenza are falling into place in Asia, piece by piece.

link to story, john
www.stevequayle.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Let us make this clear: The CDC, FDA, AMA, etc., want us to buy annual influenza inoculation; shots are good for a speedy economy. Let us not buy in to it.

[edit on 29-8-2004 by Jack Martin]

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Ahem.

Notice how it does not say what the doses were tainted with.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Nerdling,

Let's suppose what I last said is true. "With" is a preposition, and I don't care with what "it" was tainted.

[edit on 29-8-2004 by Jack Martin]

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Well, if a pandemic is coming this year, H5N1 being the most suspect, then the flu shot they've got manufactured is useless anyway.

new topics

top topics

join