It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Declaration of the Occupation of New York City

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Also there is no accountability, nor any taking responsibility for the criminal actions that were committed on Wall Street and that is because the government and Wall Street are in bed together.

If your against the Obama Administration and his Wall Street Stooges, then you should be double so against the Big Banks on Wall Street.

www.declineoftheempire.com...

Takes a look at some of these loosers and criminals on Wall Street such as John Mack, the Cockroach.

The pattern of inaction toward shady deals on Wall Street grew worse and worse after Lynn Turner left, with one slam-dunk case after another either languishing for years or disappearing altogether. Perhaps the most notorious example involved Gary Aguirre, an SEC investigator who was literally fired after he questioned the agency's failure to pursue an insider-trading case against John Mack [left], now the chairman of Morgan Stanley and one of America's most powerful bankers.

Aguirre joined the SEC in September 2004. Two days into his career as a financial investigator, he was asked to look into an insider-trading complaint against a hedge-fund megastar named Art Samberg. One day, with no advance research or discussion, Samberg had suddenly started buying up huge quantities of shares in a firm called Heller Financial. "It was as if Art Samberg woke up one morning and a voice from the heavens told him to start buying Heller," Aguirre recalls. "And he wasn't just buying shares — there were some days when he was trying to buy three times as many shares as were being traded that day." A few weeks later, Heller was bought by General Electric — and Samberg pocketed $18 million.

After some digging, Aguirre found himself focusing on one suspect as the likely source who had tipped Samberg off: John Mack, a close friend of Samberg's who had just stepped down as president of Morgan Stanley. At the time, Mack had been on Samberg's case to cut him into a deal involving a spinoff of the tech company Lucent — an investment that stood to make Mack a lot of money. "Mack is busting my chops" to give him a piece of the action, Samberg told an employee in an e-mail.

A week later, Mack flew to Switzerland to interview for a top job at Credit Suisse First Boston. Among the investment bank's clients, as it happened, was a firm called Heller Financial. We don't know for sure what Mack learned on his Swiss trip; years later, Mack would claim that he had thrown away his notes about the meetings. But we do know that as soon as Mack returned from the trip, on a Friday, he called up his buddy Samberg. The very next morning, Mack was cut into the Lucent deal — a favor that netted him more than $10 million. And as soon as the market reopened after the weekend, Samberg started buying every Heller share in sight, right before it was snapped up by GE — a suspiciously timed move that earned him the equivalent of Derek Jeter's annual salary for just a few minutes of work.

The deal looked like a classic case of insider trading. But in the summer of 2005, when Aguirre told his boss he planned to interview Mack, things started getting weird. His boss told him the case wasn't likely to fly, explaining that Mack had "powerful political connections." (The investment banker had been a fundraising "Ranger" for George Bush in 2004, and would go on to be a key backer of Hillary Clinton in 2008.)

Aguirre also started to feel pressure from Morgan Stanley, which was in the process of trying to rehire Mack as CEO. At first, Aguirre was contacted by the bank's regulatory liaison, Eric Dinallo, a former top aide to Eliot Spitzer. But it didn't take long for Morgan Stanley to work its way up the SEC chain of command. Within three days, another of the firm's lawyers, Mary Jo White, was on the phone with the SEC's director of enforcement. In a shocking move that was later singled out by Senate investigators, the director actually appeared to reassure White, dismissing the case against Mack as "smoke" rather than "fire." White, incidentally, was herself the former U.S. attorney of the Southern District of New York — one of the top cops on Wall Street.

Pause for a minute to take this in. Aguirre, an SEC foot soldier, is trying to interview a major Wall Street executive — not handcuff the guy or impound his yacht, mind you, just talk to him. In the course of doing so, he finds out that his target's firm is being represented not only by Eliot Spitzer's former top aide, but by the former U.S. attorney overseeing Wall Street, who is going four levels over his head to speak directly to the chief of the SEC's enforcement division — not Aguirre's boss, but his boss's boss's boss's boss. Mack himself, meanwhile, was being represented by Gary Lynch, a former SEC director of enforcement.

Aguirre didn't stand a chance and was fired

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
One Voice
One Vision
One People + Planet
∞LOVE∞
edit on 30-9-2011 by awake1234 because: eartheart∞

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

As one people, formerly… divided by the color of our skin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, or lack thereof, political party and cultural background, we acknowledge the reality: that there is only one race, the human race, and our survival requires the cooperation of its members; that our system must protect our rights, and upon corruption of that system, it is up to the individuals to protect their own rights, and those of their brethren; that a democratic government derives its just power from the people, but corporations do not seek consent to extract wealth from the people and the Earth; and that no true democracy is attainable when the process is determined by economic power. We come to you at a time when corporations, which place profit over people, self-interest over justice, and oppression over equality, run our governments. We have peaceably assembled here, as is our right, to let these facts be known.

Oh my god. This is it!! Just when i was about to throw in the towel this comes, and from US citizens, wow.. just wow. Now this means real change. Im not alone anymore. Thank you for this post my friend.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

its people like you that stop stuff from getting done, I WISH i was 18 id be down there in a second playing my part SURE all there ideals dont align with mine. BUT if even a chance of something happening existed, id rather have their goverment than ours.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

its people like you that stop stuff from getting done, I WISH i was 18 id be down there in a second playing my part SURE all there ideals dont align with mine. BUT if even a chance of something happening existed, id rather have their goverment than ours.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by CheshireR
reply to post by Misoir

I wouldn't start forbidding knowledge to people that aren't as smart as the others. It should always be a right to be able to choose to learn about whatever you want. What's next? Imposing jobs and careers on people out of their competence test results? Are you the very fascist we want to get rid of in this government?
You can have the highest education and be the smartest yet do nothing with it out of laziness or lack of motivation. Strange, but I find that the people that actually had to study hard for their grades went further than some smart ones.

I agree with you whole heartily. Education should be free (or at the very least affordable) to anyone who wishes to further his or her education. There will always be those who are content with “getting by.” Let them clean the floors or collect the trash. On the flip side of that, there are many very smart individuals who would love to get to the next level but, through a system based on classism, find their dreams limited. Why would anyone want to purposefully squander potential, of which makes no sense? How many great minds are wasting away in dead end jobs because the system didn’t work for them and they got lost in the masses?

Also; I haven’t yet had a chance to peruse the full list, but I would hope there is something in there about doing away with this new idea of the Career Politician. Anyone accepting money, through Lobbyist or otherwise, should be excommunicated from the government. Being a politician should be something that’s undesirable. Make their personal business income/taxes public record while they’re in office; make them unable to profit from this position. They should WANT to make a difference for the betterment of the world. Once elected, they should be removed from their homes and placed in government housing (kind of like how a Preacher is often provided a place to live by the church), and when their term is up, they go back to their business, or however they maintained themselves before being in office, and continue on with their lives. This will keep people from remaining in a position of power for decades where corruption breeds, making deals with the devil to line their pockets, and with their records for all to see, it’ll keep them honest…. for the most part.

I hope to see this movement continue forth. There are two directions this could go:
-Change
-Martial Law
Either would be a start in the right direction, though the latter will take a little more effort on our part.

edit on 30-9-2011 by Garkiniss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelmcclen
reply to post by Misoir

#6 Free Education for all (basically)

well as I see it education and learning is the backbone to evolution, and if your stopping the poor from evolving their cognative ability and only allowing the rich to access the knowledge because they have the cash, then you are discriminating on the basis of socio economics!

Keeping the rich in high powered jobs and the poor cleaning their offices!
edit on 29-9-2011 by michaelmcclen because: spelling

This is absolutely true and Im happy to see others thinking along these lines (FINALLY)!!!

We are leaving an ERA, we are shedding old obsolete skin of the old world. People have FINALLY caught on. They finally see the mechanism behind power, corruption, greed, wastefulness, purposelessness. They are finally starting to see how all the cogs of oppression fit nicely together to keep them enslaved to few men who have done nothing but stolen the credit and ownership of the creation, imagination, ingenuity of the human race.

They are finally forgetting the irrelevant nonsense that has divided them (race, culture, religion,) and are uniting under the realization that their PLACE in this world IS NOT what the elite says it is, their place in the world IS NOT to keep the elite up at the top. Their place in this world is NOT a 9 to 5 JOB pushing some uninteresting agenda that deep down they know they do not have passion for.

They see that over the years they have become more and more dependent on working harder and harder to simply LIVE and enjoy the fruits of their brothers and sisters before them. They finally see that the ELITE have not done anything but take credit and ownership of the hard work of their brothers and sisters who have made everything we enjoy to day possible. They see the fat cat in the suit at the end of the long oak table has done nothing valuable for this world. The elite have taken credit and ownership of all human progression in all areas to legitimize their illusionary seat atop the pyramid that WE THE COMMON PEOPLE BUILT!

Make no mistake that the world we all enjoy is our creation not theirs. They are leeches who convince us that without them we wouldn't be able to enjoy the modern advancements of the world. Without them and their fiat currency and digital numbers suddenly human imagination, creativity and ingenuity would cease to exist...LIES! its all lies and has been for as long as we can know. I see people finally catching on and taking back what rightfully belongs to them. Their rightful place at the forefront of the human race.

The pyramid is tipping upside down and the scales that keep the universe in balance are righting themselves.

We cannot evolve as a human race any further with owners or elites leeching the world for all its worth leaving the bare minimum for the rest of the human race to want.

Our evolution and progress into the universe depends on ridding ourselves of the mechanism that will keep us enslaved here on this planet killing each other in wars indefinitely. If we are to ever find a way of life that has purpose and interest and inspires us to be the pinnacle of human kind we cannot keep propping up 1% of our race.

I think the 3rd world war is not of nations but of the enlightened common man who has awaken from the illusion and the elites and their lifeless slaves who serve simply because they have no soul of their own left to evolve.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
I agree with all of the 22 points except these; 3, 6, and 22.

6.They have held students hostage with tens of thousands of dollars of debt on education, which is itself a human right.

Since when is education a human right? I recall that natural rights are inherent for all people, meaning that it is an independent thing which is separate from the operations of others. Education is a service, you do not have a right to any services, but you do have a right to be free to pursue an education.

My first thought was of corporations charging students from overseas to come to America and work for them, paying them almost nothing when the "deductions" for their "generous" services are added. I am not sure if this is what they are referring to, and they may have meant what you disagree with...Is education a human right? That is not so cut and dry in my opinion. I do not wish to debate the topic in this thread however, as it is for another time and place.

I think this protest has yet to reach the status of a "movement." We must not be hasty, and should wait and see how things develop before we make comments such as "this is it," or "this is the big one," or "this won't go anywhere," etc, etc.

All of these are possibilities, but since this protest is still in its earliest stages we must reserve judgement.
If the protest is going to turn into a movement and actual "do" something, then it will take more than days...more than months...Basing interpretation from that statement, the protest is definitely in its infancy. Less than 1%. That means that anyone who really wishes to see change come from this must be in it for the long haul.

The "corporations," and anyone else considered the enemy have a couple of tactics at their disposal. First, they know that people have short attention spans, and they probably aren't too worried at this point. The longer the protest runs, and the larger it gets, the more afraid they will become.

Second, they have MONEY. They can divide and undermine the "movement" before it gains too much momentum. They can achieve this in a number of ways, such as paying groups of people to protest the protesters, or to undermine the message they are sending. There are many possibilities when you have the money to pay off just about anyone who is willing.

Can all Americans place principles, morals, and ideals over greed and money? I can't answer that question, but with what society has bred, it would not surprise me if they chose the latter.

If the protesters wish to gain the support they will need to pick up the momentum necessary to turn this event into a movement, they are going to have to spread the word through MSM sources. THAT is the only way to reach the fluffy, wooly, white people who go "baaa." Everyone involved, or who wants to be involved, can help this protest gain the support it needs by contacting as many MSM networks as possible.

The other thing that is definitely needed, and there is no way around it, is the occupation of other large cities in other states. NYC is obviously a good choice if you wish to occupy Wall Street, considering the target, and the next target SHOULD be Washington DC. I have a very strategic mind, probably from playing chess all my life, and I understand what direction this group should travel in, but the question is--- Will there be enough support elsewhere?

Once the NYC group grows, and DC becomes occupied as well, then, and only then will I say that this "thing," whatever it is at this point, has a chance of accomplishing its goals. Which brings up another point: I have heard grievances, but I have yet to hear any goals. How can you move in a positive direction if you have no goals to work toward?

The ambition seems to be there, at least for now, and chance is on the side of the corporations until there are established goals. Why? Because established goals will help to organize the participants.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I think, rather than agreeing on all principles contained in this list (because anyone who has ever been involved in a project knows that the more people there are, the less likely it is that you'll have full agreement) we need to be able to align on these principles as the opening salvo. We can allow some negotiation on terms, btu at the very least, here is where the grievances start.

If I were from the US, or if I spent a bit more time reviewing the items listed, I'd probably have a few to question as well... but the key is a willingness to accept this as the opening position.

Myself, I find that people crying "racism" tend to be promoting a different racism themselves. These are dumb times that we live in. Rules are always applied selectively.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
America, you wanted your change well here it is. It's only a damned shame that I live too far away to travel to NY, due to the fact that I don't have the means. I wish everyone up there the best of luck, I'll be supporting you from the sidelines.

Remember, sooner or later people had to wise up to these fats cats. Now that the people are starting to open their eyes where do they have left to run?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheThirdAdam
First let me say that I think that this whole thing is very misguided and seems to have no consideration for the collateral damage that it cause if they actually did accomplish their goals.

Second, I can't help but notice how easily this movement could be hijacked to serve a much more sinister purpose.

Anyone else seeing what I'm seeing here?

In my opinion it looks like it has been hijacked by the unions.
I wonder how much influence the unions had on this declaration.
The timing is very suspicious to me.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

This is good, all good. Just remember - the Big Boyz take off their gloves when they're in a corner.

S&F&

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flint2011
reply to post by TheThirdAdam

I do and it worries me a great deal. It's my belief that is already motivated by would be hijackers. I just constantly worry about those people out there and there safety as well as NYPD's safety. Way to much can go wrong really quick on both sides of the fence.

In case you haven't noticed, everything has already gone really wrong in this country. These people are trying to get things straightened out. I agree with them wholeheartedly and will be joining the protests as soon as it hits where I live.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Just to be clear some are calling it the american spring is hiding the truth it is the american fall.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I agree with all of the 22 points except these; 3, 6, and 22.

3.They have perpetuated gender inequality and discrimination in the workplace.

This is just another complaint by people who want more affirmative action and forced equality of pay. If they had their way government would violate private property rights in an area the government has no right to be involved in.

6.They have held students hostage with tens of thousands of dollars of debt on education, which is itself a human right.

Since when is education a human right? I recall that natural rights are inherent for all people, meaning that it is an independent thing which is separate from the operations of others. Education is a service, you do not have a right to any services, but you do have a right to be free to pursue an education.

22.They have participated in a directly racist action by accepting the contract from the State of Georgia to murder Troy Davis.

I am so tired of hearing people beat these old drum. Everything is racism; “you looked at me wrong, racist!” Just shut the hell up about it.

These three things are just so tiresome and would push me away from these protests. Right now they (protestors) just seem like a joke to me, I would not even waste my time with these people. Yes these people (elites) should be punished for their crimes against humanity, violation of our natural rights, conspiracy to form a global governance, and treason against the Republic. But do we really need to drag in these cultural issues which will certainly alienate Conservatives such as me. How about just leaving it as a protest against the treasonous elites?

Just for some reason I do not trust these protestors, I do not know why it is just something I feel.

“There are persons who constantly clamor. They complain of oppression, speculation, and pernicious influence of wealth. They cry out loudly against all banks and corporations, and a means by which small capitalists become united in order to produce important and beneficial results. They carry on mad hostility against all established institutions. They would choke the fountain of industry and dry all streams.” - Daniel Webster

edit on 9/29/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

Very well said!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
this is soo epic!

thank you

thank you

thank you

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

reply to post by CheshireR

No one said to forbid them; they just will not have any assistance in getting into college. You can come from a very impoverished back ground, work hard in school and get good grades, guess what you are going to college first before that rich kid who slacked off. Money in education should not be relevant. It should be based upon your intelligence and if you applied your intelligence in school. Why should hard working students who have a natural advantage over others be treated equally as those who are less intelligent than them? That is a serious injustice.

People are naturally unequal; no one said you cannot go to school without being intelligent just that the intelligent ones are first priority and colleges should have very high standards for academic achievement. Sorry if treating people based upon their abilities is such a ridiculous thought to you, I guess equality should come first so we can all hold hands and sing kumbaya while Mr. C student runs for President.

Reality will welcome you if you are ever interested in visiting.

edit on 9/29/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

We would first have to straighten out the mess they've made in the curriculum for K-12. They are teaching our children in a backwards manner. The curriculum has changed and not for the benefit of our children. Why deprive a child who has been taught improperly from grades K-12 a higher education. What's wrong with a president with a C average? Being a good president is not solely based on how well he or she did in school; it's based mainly on common sense, decency, respect and love for humanity. We are all equals and it doesn't matter if you were able to grasp the concept of what they consider an education quicker than the next person. That's what has gotten this world in the mess it's in today, people thinking that one person is better than the other based on what they think a person should know. We need to love and respect each other for who we are and choose to be.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelmcclen
reply to post by Misoir

#6 Free Education for all (basically)

well as I see it education and learning is the backbone to evolution, and if your stopping the poor from evolving their cognative ability and only allowing the rich to access the knowledge because they have the cash, then you are discriminating on the basis of socio economics!

Keeping the rich in high powered jobs and the poor cleaning their offices!
edit on 29-9-2011 by michaelmcclen because: spelling

..last time I checked it cost nothing to open a book. It takes drive not money to have an education. Want a great education? It starts inside yourself first.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garkiniss

Originally posted by CheshireR
reply to post by Misoir

I wouldn't start forbidding knowledge to people that aren't as smart as the others. It should always be a right to be able to choose to learn about whatever you want. What's next? Imposing jobs and careers on people out of their competence test results? Are you the very fascist we want to get rid of in this government?
You can have the highest education and be the smartest yet do nothing with it out of laziness or lack of motivation. Strange, but I find that the people that actually had to study hard for their grades went further than some smart ones.

I agree with you whole heartily. Education should be free (or at the very least affordable) to anyone who wishes to further his or her education. There will always be those who are content with “getting by.” Let them clean the floors or collect the trash. On the flip side of that, there are many very smart individuals who would love to get to the next level but, through a system based on classism, find their dreams limited. Why would anyone want to purposefully squander potential, of which makes no sense? How many great minds are wasting away in dead end jobs because the system didn’t work for them and they got lost in the masses?

Also; I haven’t yet had a chance to peruse the full list, but I would hope there is something in there about doing away with this new idea of the Career Politician. Anyone accepting money, through Lobbyist or otherwise, should be excommunicated from the government. Being a politician should be something that’s undesirable. Make their personal business income/taxes public record while they’re in office; make them unable to profit from this position. They should WANT to make a difference for the betterment of the world. Once elected, they should be removed from their homes and placed in government housing (kind of like how a Preacher is often provided a place to live by the church), and when their term is up, they go back to their business, or however they maintained themselves before being in office, and continue on with their lives. This will keep people from remaining in a position of power for decades where corruption breeds, making deals with the devil to line their pockets, and with their records for all to see, it’ll keep them honest…. for the most part.

I hope to see this movement continue forth. There are two directions this could go:
-Change
-Martial Law
Either would be a start in the right direction, though the latter will take a little more effort on our part.

edit on 30-9-2011 by Garkiniss because: (no reason given)

Well put. However, if it gets to a martial law situation, we the people have control over that as well. They cannot do to us anything that we don't want. We need to remember that. We pay these people (government) to do for us what we want done. We are all sovereign! Let us not forget that.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Oh please. 50 union workers bitching like always

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join