It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Declaration of the Occupation of New York City

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+90 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Source

So they have finally come up with a Declaration! And a list of 22 grievances/facts...

I am watching the Live Stream, they are all reading this Declaration aloud...LIVE!

Definitely check out the SOURCE for the full document

As one people, formerly… divided by the color of our skin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, or lack thereof, political party and cultural background, we acknowledge the reality: that there is only one race, the human race, and our survival requires the cooperation of its members; that our system must protect our rights, and upon corruption of that system, it is up to the individuals to protect their own rights, and those of their brethren; that a democratic government derives its just power from the people, but corporations do not seek consent to extract wealth from the people and the Earth; and that no true democracy is attainable when the process is determined by economic power. We come to you at a time when corporations, which place profit over people, self-interest over justice, and oppression over equality, run our governments. We have peaceably assembled here, as is our right, to let these facts be known.

Heres a snippet of the first 5 Grievances.

1. They have taken our houses through an illegal foreclosure process, despite not having the original mortgage.
2. They have taken bailouts from taxpayers with impunity, and continue to give CEO’s exorbitant bonuses.
3. They have perpetuated gender inequality and discrimination in the workplace.
4. They have poisoned the food supply, and undermined the farming system through monopolization.
5. They have continuously sought to end the rights of workers to negotiate their pay and make complaints about the safety of their workplace.

edit on 29-9-2011 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

edit on Mon Oct 3 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: edit to use ex tags

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Now finally MSM will take them a bit more seriously...This CNN clip from 5 hours ago(which was the first CNN had mentioned the protests), One of the main things CNN bashed was that they were disorganized, But now it seems they are unified in their goal... Not having a "leader" doesnt necessarily mean disorganization, as long as everybody has the same common goal

Notice how they paint the picture as protesters cant afford microphones or something, and dont even mention NYPD has banned the use of them, that is why they have to "echo" the person speaking

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
WOW..... I just read the full declaration. Holy shiznitz! I can't wait to see what else is going to happen!!!! Thanks for the info.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

This movement will go forward and be unstoppable. Good to see they came up with a manifesto to rally people.
Let's hope everyone can agree that the government is at fault for every point or else people are gonna start splitting up again like idiots about minor details.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
1. It will only go forward if they are not side-railed.

2. I'm wondering how long before it gets to big for New York to handle, and the really Big Brother is called in?

3. How many things on this list do we agree with?

+26 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I agree with all of the 22 points except these; 3, 6, and 22.

3.They have perpetuated gender inequality and discrimination in the workplace.

This is just another complaint by people who want more affirmative action and forced equality of pay. If they had their way government would violate private property rights in an area the government has no right to be involved in.

6.They have held students hostage with tens of thousands of dollars of debt on education, which is itself a human right.

Since when is education a human right? I recall that natural rights are inherent for all people, meaning that it is an independent thing which is separate from the operations of others. Education is a service, you do not have a right to any services, but you do have a right to be free to pursue an education.

22.They have participated in a directly racist action by accepting the contract from the State of Georgia to murder Troy Davis.

I am so tired of hearing people beat these old drum. Everything is racism; “you looked at me wrong, racist!” Just shut the hell up about it.

These three things are just so tiresome and would push me away from these protests. Right now they (protestors) just seem like a joke to me, I would not even waste my time with these people. Yes these people (elites) should be punished for their crimes against humanity, violation of our natural rights, conspiracy to form a global governance, and treason against the Republic. But do we really need to drag in these cultural issues which will certainly alienate Conservatives such as me. How about just leaving it as a protest against the treasonous elites?

Just for some reason I do not trust these protestors, I do not know why it is just something I feel.

“There are persons who constantly clamor. They complain of oppression, speculation, and pernicious influence of wealth. They cry out loudly against all banks and corporations, and a means by which small capitalists become united in order to produce important and beneficial results. They carry on mad hostility against all established institutions. They would choke the fountain of industry and dry all streams.” - Daniel Webster

edit on 9/29/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Looks like the statement has all bases covered!

Its going to be some craíc watching TPTB try and squirm their way out of them because everyman and his dog know's they are true!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Right now they just seem like a joke to me, I would not even waste my time with these people. Yes these people should be punished for their crimes against humanity, violation of our natural rights, conspiracy to form a global governance, and treason against the Republic. But do we really need to drag in these cultural issues which will certainly alienate Conservatives such as me.

I bet they said the same things about the founding fathers!

Sure, some of their claims may be a bit off, but not completely wrong. That does not take away from the fact that it is a possibility.

They are voicing their opinion and that's all that matters. Who cares if it alienates people as long as they have that right to speak.
edit on 29-9-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

+59 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

#6 Free Education for all (basically)

well as I see it education and learning is the backbone to evolution, and if your stopping the poor from evolving their cognative ability and only allowing the rich to access the knowledge because they have the cash, then you are discriminating on the basis of socio economics!

Keeping the rich in high powered jobs and the poor cleaning their offices!
edit on 29-9-2011 by michaelmcclen because: spelling

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Those people need to get some microphones and speakers. I'm surprised no local churches have come forward to offer their own equipment. They also need to organize and appropriate a leader or this cause will disappear by next week. This is exactly what the corporate pirates want, they are just waiting out the crowd because they know it will eventually die down without a clear and present goal and leadership amoung the people.
edit on 29-9-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

NYPD banned the use of bull horns/loud speakers

Its a pretty cool idea to "echo" the speaker though

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelmcclen

Everyone receives free K-12 in this country, period. Beyond that you must earn your way into college. In my opinion we need far less people in our colleges, when ‘higher education’ just becomes another stage of education for people it loses the ‘higher’ part of its title. When every moron who can garner a C average is allowed in, it weighs down the credibility of a degree. Then everyone will start moving towards having a Masters because most have Bachelors, and on and on. We have to draw the line somewhere.

The state should pay for higher education, I agree, but only for the ones colleges deem to be the most promising. This filters out the less desirable from bogging down the worth of degrees. The whole notion of equality of education is a sham and destructive for the high achievers. If you had 4.0 in school and get a Bachelors in College you have basically as much worth as the guy who was getting stoned, partying, and having a good time in high school and college but just barely earned a degree. It is an insult to treat people equally in my opinion when we are inherently unequal.

Evolution would say natural selection, let the intelligent move on and leave the weakest links to die. So do not bring evolution into the discussion here.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
I agree with all of the 22 points except these; 3, 6, and 22.

3.They have perpetuated gender inequality and discrimination in the workplace.

This is just another complaint by people who want more affirmative action and forced equality of pay. If they had their way government would violate private property rights in an area the government has no right to be involved in.

6.They have held students hostage with tens of thousands of dollars of debt on education, which is itself a human right.

Since when is education a human right? I recall that natural rights are inherent for all people, meaning that it is an independent thing which is separate from the operations of others. Education is a service, you do not have a right to any services, but you do have a right to be free to pursue an education.

22.They have participated in a directly racist action by accepting the contract from the State of Georgia to murder Troy Davis.

I am so tired of hearing people beat these old drum. Everything is racism; “you looked at me wrong, racist!” Just shut the hell up about it.

These three things are just so tiresome and would push me away from these protests. Right now they (protestors) just seem like a joke to me, I would not even waste my time with these people. Yes these people (elites) should be punished for their crimes against humanity, violation of our natural rights, conspiracy to form a global governance, and treason against the Republic. But do we really need to drag in these cultural issues which will certainly alienate Conservatives such as me. How about just leaving it as a protest against the treasonous elites?

Just for some reason I do not trust these protestors, I do not know why it is just something I feel.

“There are persons who constantly clamor. They complain of oppression, speculation, and pernicious influence of wealth. They cry out loudly against all banks and corporations, and a means by which small capitalists become united in order to produce important and beneficial results. They carry on mad hostility against all established institutions. They would choke the fountain of industry and dry all streams.” - Daniel Webster

edit on 9/29/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

I agree that those aren't the most intelligent and educated people that wrote this "Declaration". Most people don't know who does what in the government anyways and its workings and boundaries. The point as I mentioned earlier is not to let those things stop you from rallying with these people even if you don't agree on specific points. You can't just pass on this because they want to blame the government for something he can't do or won't do. You say the government shouldn't have his say on certain things, I say we decide what we want the government to have his say on from now on

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

It's actually quite organized for the fact that they are not centralizing a person or specific body of people to represent the goals of the movement. It throws people on the outside off. It's a smart strategy for confusing the would be enemy.
I still think the movement is shady as far as who is behind the motivation and my fellow American's are getting duped in my opinion as well and I only hope that none of them get hurt in the process.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
First let me say that I think that this whole thing is very misguided and seems to have no consideration for the collateral damage that it cause if they actually did accomplish their goals.

Second, I can't help but notice how easily this movement could be hijacked to serve a much more sinister purpose.

Anyone else seeing what I'm seeing here?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I wouldn't start forbidding knowledge to people that aren't as smart as the others. It should always be a right to be able to choose to learn about whatever you want. What's next? Imposing jobs and careers on people out of their competence test results? Are you the very fascist we want to get rid of in this government?
You can have the highest education and be the smartest yet do nothing with it out of laziness or lack of motivation. Strange, but I find that the people that actually had to study hard for their grades went further than some smart ones.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TheThirdAdam

Yes I see it too, let's just say I hope they won't seal any deal with unions that are joining the movement while pushing aside the population that is ready to go as far as we need to. Is everyone ready to go as far as needed? Does everyone knows what is necessary to bring those guys down?

+54 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

alienate Conservatives such as me.

There's the problem right there.
Maybe when you decide to do as these people have done and step outside of the mental prison you are in, you can begin to see that the only label which truely fits you is not "conservative" it is "Human".

You see youself as "A conservative" so that is all you will ever be.

"Ohhhh no, I am much more than that" you say.
"I am also a Christian".

Yup, another mind prison.

You are neither "Christian" nor "Conservative".
You are both, THE creation and the creatOR.
You have the ability to see beyond all of this if you should so choose.
But first, you must remove the shackles from your mind.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheThirdAdam

I do and it worries me a great deal. It's my belief that is already motivated by would be hijackers. I just constantly worry about those people out there and there safety as well as NYPD's safety. Way to much can go wrong really quick on both sides of the fence.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

reply to post by michaelmcclen

Everyone receives free K-12 in this country, period. Beyond that you must earn your way into college. In my opinion we need far less people in our colleges, when ‘higher education’ just becomes another stage of education for people it loses the ‘higher’ part of its title. When every moron who can garner a C average is allowed in, it weighs down the credibility of a degree. Then everyone will start moving towards having a Masters because most have Bachelors, and on and on. We have to draw the line somewhere.

The state should pay for higher education, I agree, but only for the ones colleges deem to be the most promising. This filters out the less desirable from bogging down the worth of degrees. The whole notion of equality of education is a sham and destructive for the high achievers. If you had 4.0 in school and get a Bachelors in College you have basically as much worth as the guy who was getting stoned, partying, and having a good time in high school and college but just barely earned a degree. It is an insult to treat people equally in my opinion when we are inherently unequal.

Evolution would say natural selection, let the intelligent move on and leave the weakest links to die. So do not bring evolution into the discussion here.

Im an advocate in evolution in terms of society but your taking my meaning out of context.

How do you expect society to EVOLVE if you have a small percentage that goes to university! you would create a world that a quarter would have intelligence to run the world and the rest would be the bottom feeders with just enough knowledge to get high and flip burgers.

If you offer everyone FREE education then more will aquire knowledge to critically think and to see that the world we live in is a sham, remember the government wants us dumb. (flouride in the water)

To some extent yes degrees have been watered down for some subjects but pure science qualifications will always be worth their weight in gold and to some extent the social science degrees.

However if someone wants to do a degree in art history or another worthless degree then thats their pregoritive who am I to say its worthless when its makes someone happy.

All big companies will not even touch you unless you have a 2:1 (65-75% pass UK) and if you want to do a masters then you need at least a 2:2 (55-65% UK) and for a PHD you need at least a 2:1 or a masters and stoners usually achieve a 3rd. (40%+)

With that being said your basis that degree's are worthless is a fools comment! Its shows the perspective employer that you have dedication for knowledge and that you are competent enough to achieve critical thinking for your own personal gain.

To top it all off the jobs that pay a liveble wage require you to have a 3rd level education, try getting a good job on just a high school education and see what that pays.

Ps. your right about evolution and survival of the fittest, not everyone now has the intellegence to get into college and its still a points based system so even if education was free they wouldent get in.

edit on 29-9-2011 by michaelmcclen because: grammar

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join