It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who gets the Democrat Party nomination for President 2012?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Obama has talked many times about being a 1-term President. I have a feeling that he will not even attempt a run at a second term.

Who jumps in?

Mrs. Bill Clinton, Joe Biden, Dennis Kuchinich, Pelosi, Reid?

What does ATS think?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
hopefully none of thee above

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Who jumps in?

Rick Perry's a Democrat, that's my pick.

Now you can jump into threads with your drive-by one-liners and bad mouth him too like you do Ron Paul

edit on 29-9-2011 by lernmore because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Hopefully Clinton.

I think she would be a nice president.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
filing date for the first 2 states (florida & south carolina) are oct 31st and nov 1st. to get on the primary ballot. basicly any serious primary challenge would have to be on those ballots. so in a month we will know

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

i like ron paul no comment on perry

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
Hopefully Clinton.

Gonna have to agree with you on that one!
. We all know that if she gets elected Bill will be calling all the shots.. In my opinion he was one of the best presidents to date.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

I say we do a lottery system. We pick 100 democratic citizens at random from each state, put their names in a big lottery-wheel thing, spin it around, and select one at random. The lucky winner will be the Democratic nominee for the next election, and might have a shot at becoming president.

This country's screwed up enough already, what the hell, right?

edit on 29-9-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Wouldn't it be great if it were Dennis Kucinich as the Democrat nominee and Ron Paul as the Republican? Now THAT would be a nice turn-around from our current ability to only vote for the lesser of two evils in this pathetic bipartisan voting system. Instead, we'd have actually have the choice to vote for the greater of two goods for once.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Q:1984A:1776

You're living in a dream world. Come back to the corrupted reality of corporate puppets who couldn't care less about the citizens that they go on stage and pretend to care about. Politicians who actually look out for the people and want to help this country? Insanity!

4 more years of puppeteers!
edit on 29-9-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
A bought and paid for jackass, that's for certain.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Without people unafraid to dream, and act on those dreams, nothing will ever change. I do agree with you however, that the scenario that I spoke of is highly unlikely. I'd much rather see people vote for third-party candidates like Dr. Paul than have a perfect scenario in a bipartisan voting system. Which is more likely though, an intelligent general populace, or an elite minority pulling the strings finally deciding to do what is right by the people? The latter actually happened once in this country, it was called the American Revolution.
Edit to add: Keep in mind, the men who founded this country were rich, white, slave-owning, elitists. If they actually had enough honor to create the greatest form of government the world has ever seen, why then can't their contemporary counterparts eventually do the same? Is there really that fundamental of a difference between people from that time period and this one?
edit on 29-9-2011 by Q:1984A:1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
there will be noone running agianst obama from the democrats

obama is the poster boy of the left and has done no wrong.

besides dont think any democrat wants to get called racist for running agianst him
edit on 29-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Obama will run for a second term, he's already campaigning for it. I don't think he deserves a second term, and I'd love to see Dennis Kuchinich run and win presidency. I don't agree with all his policies, but he is the closely aligned person to my views and beliefs, it'd be great to see him in the whitehouse.

If it just ends up being Obama and the republican candidates, I'd rather sit through a second Obama administration, seriously. Wouldn't vote for the man, but I'd rather sit through his administration. Perry, Paul, Cain and the rest, it's a clown express alright.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Obama has talked many times about being a 1-term President. I have a feeling that he will not even attempt a run at a second term.

Who jumps in?

Mrs. Bill Clinton, Joe Biden, Dennis Kuchinich, Pelosi, Reid?

What does ATS think?

While I believe he's going to run.....If I were him, I'd sure as Hell jump ship! Here's some words of wisdom (that are somewhat prophetic IMHO) from Muhammad Ali

*if you don't want to watch...in a nutshell he compares America to a ship, and how they wouldn't call a black man up from the galley to be the captain unless the ship was sinking...*

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

I think she would be the best choice for the Democratic Party myself even though I would not vote for her but I am not sure she is running. She may be sticking to Obama's camp for the next term. I guess we will see. Here is hoping she does because she is the only viable candidate I am aware of that could kick Obama's keester.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Who jumps in?

Mrs. Bill Clinton, = too tempermental
Joe Biden, = too stupid
Dennis Kuchinich, = too weird, flaky
Pelosi, = just an out right idiot and corrupt ego-maniac
Reid = too wormy and self absorbed.

All in all just a bunch of losers.

edit on 29-9-2011 by Thunderheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Dennis Kuchinich

He is about as good as a Democrat can get. His only downfall is that he is viewed in the same light as Ron Paul.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
Hopefully Clinton.

A better democrat than the one we are stuck with now, for sure.

She may still be a democrat, but hard to imagine that she could have gotten this much wrong. And she would have had Bill to advise her. Right now, Bill is saying that obama's job's bill just won't work.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
there will be noone running agianst obama from the democrats

obama is the poster boy of the left and has done no wrong.

besides dont think any democrat wants to get called racist for running agianst him
edit on 29-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

But don't give up neo.

We all still have time to help obama change his mind about running.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join