It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Report: Occupy Wall Street Comes to Lexington KY.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
In response to the ongoing protest on wall street Central Kentuckians took to the street in downtown Lexington KY.

Downtown resounds with drivers showing support by honking their horns.

Demonstrators are peaceably assembling.

Law enforcement was in abundance but not hassling the protesters or standing near them.

Local media continue to ignore the protests. I watched 3 half hour after noon news shows on local stations and no mention was made of the protests.
edit on 29-9-2011 by pianopraze because: typos

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Had no idea that there were protests going on in Lexington...

Then again I live way back in the woods...

Well I wish the protesters luck.

Note: I don't really agree with protesting... I am glad its a peaceful protest...
Violence never solves anything!
But does protesting in general solve anything?

None the less SnF

Thanks for letting us know!

Keep us updated!

edit on 9/29/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
With this beginning in so many cities worldwide, very soon the "elite" (if you choose to call them that) will reach a full-blown panic. Once that happens, they will show themselves for who they really are, using the primitive action of violence against peaceful people. The world media will try their best to hide it and ignore it. But it will fail, because even more peaceful people will come to the aid of those who have been peaceful from the start.

They cannot have a conflict if no one will fight with them. They will appear as slavemasters and murderers to the peaceful population on this planet, dragging some away, injuring some, and possibly even killing a few. Do not fall for this attempt to incite conflict. Remain peaceful, but non-compliant.

I know many are afraid, but this is the only way to win this. One single word can carry us through this, and we all must remember not to lose it.....

HOPE

Stay strong everyone

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

Good question, what purpose do protests serve?

They raise awareness.

They show solidarity with other states/cities protesting - showing it's wider than one state/city.

They send a message that, if the protest becomes large enough, must be listened to by the media and politicians - who, unless they are forced by us, will only pander to the rich banks and corporations.

Right now the media are doing us a favor by not broadcasting this. They are showing themselves to be the shills to corporations that they really are. The longer they ignore, and the bigger the protests become the more people will become aware of what is really going on.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze
Right now the media are doing us a favor by not broadcasting this.

Other than some token fluff piece to make the protestors look bad, I wouldn't count on much coverage no matter how big it gets.

That's like some thug loaning you his cell-phone, to call the police, while he robs you at gunpoint.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by lernmore

Right now the media are doing us a favor by not broadcasting this.

Other than some token fluff piece to make the protestors look bad, I wouldn't count on much coverage no matter how big it gets.

That's like some thug loaning you his cell-phone, to call the police, while he robs you at gunpoint.

Aptly put.

CNN just released this report:

I am in favor of this non violent action. The alternatives are horrible beyond belief. We have got to stand up now while we still can!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I am calling it right now; this is the organizing of the left-wing protesters in this country just like the beginning of the Tea Party protests. The Tea Party’s number one target was Government; this movement’s number one target will be Wall Street. I am glad to see people lining up to protest both these cancerous tumors on the Republic but until the Tea Party targets Wall Street and this movement targets the Government they will both be movement that will do nothing in the end.

Is this the beginning of a left-wing Tea Party? Quite possibly, only if it grows in numbers and reach across the country. Or perhaps they will join up with the Tea Party movement, and then something real could happen. But until something like that it is worthless to fantasize about these protests doing anything.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
I am calling it right now; this is the organizing of the left-wing protesters in this country just like the beginning of the Tea Party protests. The Tea Party’s number one target was Government; this movement’s number one target will be Wall Street. I am glad to see people lining up to protest both these cancerous tumors on the Republic but until the Tea Party targets Wall Street and this movement targets the Government they will both be movement that will do nothing in the end.

Is this the beginning of a left-wing Tea Party? Quite possibly, only if it grows in numbers and reach across the country. Or perhaps they will join up with the Tea Party movement, and then something real could happen. But until something like that it is worthless to fantasize about these protests doing anything.

The "Tea Party" was infiltrated/hijacked a long time ago, but I have a feeling you already know that. A group of people does not need to have a label or title to be effective.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
wonder when these protests will reach into Canada, I would assume Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver would be first, then cities around Toronto would join them, I know my city is well known for protesting over anything and everything so they should start soon.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

Oh my, my friend... your calling it in round one? Isn't that like the media calling the presidential election now?

I see this as a resurgence of what the original Tea Party was... a ground swell resurgence of anger towards the collusion of government, corporations, and banksters to drive us all into the ground.

I think this is just the reemergence of the same upset.

To separate this, i think, is a mistake.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

You would have known, but they deleted my thread for recruitment even though I specifically stated I wasn't recruiting and was just posting the info about it..
This post will probably get deleted too even though it doesn't violate TOS.

Anyway if you missed it there is another one for louisville and another for lex.

edit on 29-9-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Welcome my friend.

GogoVicMorrow posted the first thread on this.

This thread is completely within the T&C and will almost certainly not get deleted as it is a report on what is happening with no recruitment.

Thank you for raising awareness with your original post GogoVicMorrow

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

No prob. And I wasn't asking for any credit honestly. I just wanted to vent, because I said I wasn't recruiting in my thread. Thank you though for the shout out.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Your most welcome.

I feel it is extremely important that we raise awareness on this issue.

Some people on ATS are always grousing about how there is nothing they can do. Guess it's a put up or shut up moment for those so inclined to this line of thinking....

Now, I need to get some press credentials like they gave getreadalready! hehe...

ATS, we are the new news reporters!!! ATS is where you can come for real news, with fair and balanced opinions... as well as all the unbalanced ones too!

Time to write the "news" papers, and call the "news" stations and ask them why they are not covering this!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Great answer

I like it

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

For anyone who was unaware of local movements spreading across the country in solidarity with OccupyWallStreet, check out:

occupytogether.org...

Get involved! Unite!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
First, NY. Soon, the protest will be all over the US. People power in action. Anything can be achieved if the people are united.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
All I see is nine people holding signs for the commies, and they have no clue they are doing it for the commies who organized these events.

We must put up with this misuse of the system though because anyone has a right to hold a sign on the streets, even if it is a coordinated attack by our longtime enemies carried out by clueless sheeple.

Our freedoms allow this, and it is a good reminder that we do allow this. In other countries they would be rounded up in the night and be rotting away in torture cells by the morning.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Our freedoms aren't "allowed" they were bought in blood. Periodically we in the United States have stood up and demanded those freedoms when the banksters, corporations, and governments have colluded against us.

Look up the real history of Labor day.

There were up to over 20 people per some reports by people who were there in the other thread that got deleted. And this was just day one.

Your avatar seems to make fun of sheeple... why do you take this dismissive tone when some of us stand up?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

reply to post by TinfoilTP

Our freedoms aren't "allowed" they were bought in blood. Periodically we in the United States have stood up and demanded those freedoms when the banksters, corporations, and governments have colluded against us.

Look up the real history of Labor day.

There were up to over 20 people per some reports by people who were there in the other thread that got deleted. And this was just day one.

Your avatar seems to make fun of sheeple... why do you take this dismissive tone when some of us stand up?

Anyone who needs a communist organization to get them to go out on the streets is not mad enough.
That and the fact that they are all clueless as to the bredth and scope of the communist ties organizing these things makes them at the very least look like sheeple.
Not making fun, calling it as I see it by observing the facts.
Glad to see there were only 20 people who got reeled in, hook line and sinker by this communist movement. We didn't shed blood for the communists to take control of this country.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join