It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti Bushers I have a question.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
27jd - I agree completely with you. Even though my bias would lead me to vote for Kerry, I have - as a Canadian and as a historian - enough neutrality to see that this election is fascinating, if terrifying.

I don't know if you people noticed, but every thread that is started with Bush vs. Kerry or the War in Iraq as a topic invariably splits into two camps, where people dig in their heels and refuse to listen to what the other side has to say.

What makes this election campaign truly riveting is that Republicans have succeeded in gravely denting John Kerry's reputation, as a patriot, as a senator and as a veteran. I don't think this turn of events is related that much to John Kerry's record. I think the Republicans would have done the same to Dick Gephardt, Howard Dean or Joe Lieberman. And the Democrats went out of their way to do the same to Bush and Cheney (and whether I think they deserved it doesn't matter).

The thing is, this campaign is not being fought on ideas. That much has been made clear, both out there on our TV screens and here on this board. It's about who is best able to smear the other candidate. I'd have to read up on the campaigns of 1996 and 2000, but I think this is completely unprecedented in magnitude.

So that's why I don't tend to post too much in threads about Bush vs. Kerry, or even threads about the War in Iraq. I know that there's more posturing than real discussion going on.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
What has Bush done in the almost four years he has led this country? The Bad outweighs the good. (IMO) I have always said that this election is the worst in my lifetime. It is a shame that most of the US will be voting for Kerry despite Bush, and Bush despite Kerry. The only record we have to go on is Bush's. Bush has had to make more decisions on his own, from being Governer of Texas and now The President. Kerry is part of a larger group that makes decisions, so we can't solely rule on that. Neither one has actually brought up issues, all the talk is the 527's. Kerry is a flip flopper, Bush cant answer a question witout it being submitted. A record surplus was turned into a record deficit, Yeah I know everyone is going to blame the Clinton Admin for the cut down in military, yet huge tax breaks did not have to be given out to the Rich. The rich get richer, the poor get poorer. Big Business gets a tax break for shipping over seas, I dont even want to talk about the Environment, Haliburton, Enron etc etc...

I don't think all these tax cuts should have been given out untill the Military was back up to par, regardless of 9-11. Unemployment reached an all time high under Bush, so these tax cuts were not going back into business to create new jobs. The economy is horrible, Yet Bush is the only candidate that can lead the country in a time of War, yet he has totally diminished relationships with our Allies.

My point is, if there is not an economy and everyone is on edge on what to do with their money, that is if they have a job to begin with, gas prices are always on the rise, I think we should start with "OUR" Problems, not everyone elses.

I think both of them are Idiots, and its a shame that third party candidates can not get as much recognition, airtime, and be involved in debates like the Top Two. Unfortunately it comes down to who you dislike the least, how un- American IMO.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
What ev eryone on every political thread has missed is the undertones of all of this. This election, no matter which side you stand on, has divided and destroyed any sense of unity that existed in this country. We have shown ourselves to be a weak minded, cattle mentality of a people who are extremely ignorant of global and social impact of our actions (or inactions) and lazy to the point of not even gettign out of our a** imprinted computer chairs to put down our triple expresso lattes and vote. Voter turn out has always been low, will always be low and noone really cares. About a tenth to a fifth of the population will determine the votes of an electoral college in November and it won't matter one iota.

Whichever criminal wins in November, this nation's sovereignity will be gone in four years. Kerry will give it away, no doubt about it, and Bush will have it taken by a liberal Congress kicking and screaming. You are all mistaken if you really think a President holds any true power. The real power lies in the people controlling Congress, on stage and behind the scenes, and the political bigwigs that advise any person of power. Either way, mark my words, this will be the decade when America ceases to exist as an independant sovereignity. By 2008, everything we do will be dictated by the UN and the long arm of international politics. End of story.

I will be voting for Bush. I'd rather go down fighting than have my nation handed to a globalized dictatorship like the budding tyranny in the UN.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
By the way, according to the Bereau of Labor and Statistics, 4.7 million more people are working now than in July of 2000. Again, I'm not really saying any one person or administration has anything to do with it, just sayin'.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Let's see, hmm, I am voting for Kerry b/c Bush hasn't proven worthy of the office. He has screwed the U.S. over with the economy, poverty levels are at an all time high, unemployment rate is up yet again, and we are involved in a war that we have no business being in and when our men/women come home, they come home to NO jobs, so there goes more unemployment. This country is falling apart and we need someone who will be strong and INTELLIGENT to pull us back up to where we belong. Bush has proven over and over again he's just not capable of running this country. I believe Kerry/Edwards ticket is the way to vote. Even if it wasn't Kerry running, I would still vote ABB! ANYBODY BUT BUSH. You want us to tell you why we aren't voting for Bush. Give me 5 good reasons what Bush has done for our country since he has been in office? I can tell you. He rose the national debt, he started a war that he wasn't prepared for. People are losing jobs (unemployment) people are going hungry which means more people are on public assistance which is "running dry" b/c the funds aren't there to help and he has hurt the US credibility. So please enlighten me and tell me why He is so wonderful.

Remember to vote in November's Presidential Election, just one vote can make a difference, unless your brother is the Governor of Florida, then it doesn't REALLY matter who won the 2000 election! Gore was robbed!

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by everlastingnoitall
By the way, according to the Bereau of Labor and Statistics, 4.7 million more people are working now than in July of 2000. Again, I'm not really saying any one person or administration has anything to do with it, just sayin'.
You, sir, are full of it.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Check the facts.

according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment began a marked decline as early as July of 2000, when total employed persons declined to 134.7 million. These figures were also noted to be artificially enhanced by the nearly 200 thousand temporary employees of the government to assist in the census of 2000. Adjusted, this means the real number was closer to 132.7 million. Here�s an interesting fact. The current (June 2004) numbers were surprising. The current number of employed persons in the US was 139.0 million.

Those numbers are easily enough validated. I stand by my statement. Full of it? Yeah, I am. Full of real facts on employment numbers.
I didn't say I endorsed Bushie or Kerry by the way, so save your attacks on my political views. this was just a mere demonstration of fact as reported by the Labor department, nothing more.

It's a fact, get used to it.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Your report isnt the same report i've read about. Sorry, I got mine from the "people's source"- right- right out there on the streets where the real people live, work and try to survive.
But it must be nice to be you.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
again, i wasn;t taking sides, just citing the fact. numbers don't lie.

I watch people, and I watch the papers. I'll give you an example:

I open up the paper today and see over three pages of ads for employment. I pull up monster.com and hotjobs and the like and see thousands upon thousands. every major metropolitan area I have been in (and I travel alot by nature of my carreer) is begging people to log onto their local website and find a job. The jobs exist. Americans have become complacent about taking a job unless it is a job they truly want to doa nd feel they will be happy doing. Fine. be happy, I don't care, but a lesson I learned way before ol GW got into office is that no industry is safe (I was a victim of the dotcom bubble burst, thank you BC!) and now I do a job that wasn't my first choice and didn;t pay exactly the same, but I pay my bills, i provide a good life for my family and I have money in my retirement and savings account. Sometimes one has to do what they HAVE to as a job, rather they WANT to. I don't doubt for a minute that anyone who wants a job can get one. Sorry. I don't.

Another example: in this so called fubarred economy of GW's creation, I posted my resume on a respected website related to my career choice. I posted the resume at about noonish. By three o'clock that afternoon I had six emails containing job offers, and fielded over two dozen calls from prospective employers. I also posted my resume on another, nonspecific site and received about six offers whithin a week. Based on that andd similair experiences by many friends and family, I cannot buy into the depressed state the left is trying to paint for this economy. Did you realize I am one of the 44 million Americans without insurance? Know why? I changed jobs. Anyone changing jobs and bouncing from one carrier to another with any, ANY lapse in coverage of more than twenty four hours is included in that 44 million number, which grossly over states the number. I really have seen a drastic improvement in the economic conditions in my area over the last two years, and by the way, I live very near Chicago.

**end rant**

ugh, I hate politics. Noone (myself included) has an even handed opinion about political issues. One will always spin the facts to fit one's world view. I see the glass half full while a good many I have seen on these political threads view the glass half empty. I don't think it's a matter of them being the majority either. I think the optimists out there simply aren't courageous enough to say so.

I'll save all the liberals a migraine and not post anymore in the political threads. You want to see my political views in full force? Go to my web site:

www.allthisgovernmentcheese.net

I'll leave the ranting there.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
The economy is doing great yet the new census report says that more americans are living uninsured and under the poverty line...lCensus Bureau says 1.3 million more slipped into poverty

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Yes, boogeyman, that would account for one of my sources.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams

The same people who are attacking Bush now were attacking him before he even took office.

Maybe they are all psychics

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by everlastingnoitall

The problem with statistics like this, is that people are not counted when their benefits run out. Even if they do not have a job, they are considered to have one.

*edit for grammer * like that helps

[edit on 29-8-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I choose to rely on the US census Bureau. They have the truth. They've always been a reliable source. Im not going to belive other sources with a political agenda.

kix

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I am not going to vote (since I am no US citizen)
but let me tell you a little thing.....

A very close friend of mine went to the olimpics 2 weeks ago and was at the stadium when the US olimpic athletes entered the opening ceremony, THEY WERE BOOED.....and those not booing were laughing, and those who were us citizens were appaled and quite angry and confused.
My friend was in a part that was full of US citizens, and they wondered why ? they could not believe the "treatment" they were recieving (and also after the super duper cheers the Irak delagation recieved).

Botoom line ....in 3 years because the stupid retarded gingoistic and confrontative international affairs policy the GWB goverment the world has gone through:

pre 2000 US were a respected nation and beacon of freedom.
2001 the world had simpathy for the US because the attacks on 9/11 and even went to support the US on Afghanistan (without any proof the OBL was there)
then came your super PREZ saying idiotic things like "AXIS OF EVIL" "IF YOU ARE NOT WITH US YOU ARE AGAINST US" and such crap...like the patriot act....YUK

And guess what?

NOBODY WENT THERE NOBODY BOUGHT IT the only ones that fell for the WMD dream were Spain (look at 3/11) and U.K. but it was=the goverment not the PEOPLE, the results, in Spain they gave the goverment the finger and kicked GWB policy right away U.K. will follow the same path....in time

Its a Shame that the US were booed at the olimpics, but vote for BUSH and you will see even more of that....

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Thanks everlastingnoitall, finally someone I can agree with. It cracks me up when people say, "Bush sent all these kids to die." For those of you who need a wake up call. ITS THE MILITARY!. It shouldn't be used for college tuition!!!! All these people joined the military VOLENTARILY! It is designed to protect America! No matter what. That is their job. If you didn't like the job description. DON'T JOIN! Get a job at home depot, mcdonalds, or sell lemondade, don't join the military. And I agree with most of the posts that say people who like Bush vote Bush, and people who like Kerry, vote Kerry. That won't change.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join