It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti Bushers I have a question.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I take it you are faceteous.

Religious people wake up. Your lives are right here and now. Make the most of them. You WILL NOT get another chance.

LOVE life NOT death.

One in the hand is worth two in the bush. [not meant as a pun]

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I'm rooting that neither of my daughters ever become whitehouse interns.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Yeah, just choosing between the lesser of two evils is not reallly voting you are right. Oh there is a "third" with Nader but he is merely there for symbolism surely.

Besides does anyone believe that any one but Bush is going to win it?!?!
Come on he cheated the first time, do you think he going to put his hands up now and say: "Oh go on Kerry have my second term i don't really need it" ?!?! No way, there is no point in voting.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Honestly I'm not sure who to vote for.I know I won't vote for Bush simply because I feel he's done a terrible job as well as other terrible things like Iraq,lies about Iraq's WMD,and most of all he just kinda creeps me out.However,on the other hand watching Kerry's speech at the DNC made me feel like he was only saying what everyone wanted to hear.

I can't vote Libertarian because every says that's just another vote for Bush

Can't vote for myself because I'm not old enough....yet

now what?

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Under the Bush administration we have more unemployed, the number of people living in poverty in America rising, the dificit rising, more and more of Americans dead in Iraq. I don't care whether you want to believe Bush is hated because some people just don't like him or what, my main reason is a little more complicated than that, the man is an Idiot and we are all paying for his incompetence. He is for no one but his rich buddies and big business and is their puppet. I will vote for Kerry and I will vote for him because he actually has a plan to bring down the number of unemployed, decrease the dificit and will work to bring our people home from Iraq.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
In order for you all to continue living in the manner you're accustomed, you must not vote for Bush. He is tightening the noose around our necks, each day more and more, and guess what? If you people give him the vote you will all be very sorry. Just wait till he becomes president again and once he has the power for 4 more years, he will become more Hitler-like and other nations WILL turn this country into dust. If this sounds like Bush-bashing to you, so be it. Who cares if Kerry wasnt in one place when he said he was? or if Kerry wasnt hurt as much as he claimed? PEOPLE, this is soooo mild compared to the lies and crimes perpetrated by Bush. How can you possibly say "Kerry is not believable?" Its politics, and better be safe with someone who's exagerating than with someone who's an evil liar and who is showing all signs of dictatorship. I understand Republicans want their party BUT is this the man real Republicans want?
Or are you going to settle for him because he's such a good christian? I hate to be the one to tell you this, but Mr. Bush is by no means a christian. How can a man who's attacked some 20,000 innocent people, men, women, children for no purpose other than selfgratification call himself a born again christian? Pure evil. Pro-Bushers, your best bet is to vote Kerry in, after 4 years elect ANYONE. Anyone not associated with the BinBush family of tyrants.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I will be voting for Kerry because:
7) He hasnt lied to me yet

Well, actually he has lied to you. Christmas in Cambodia
ring a bell? Many more. But don't worry, you still have
9 other reasons that you feel qualify him to be president.
Don't let the fact that your #7 is wrong get in the way.

The author of this thread has one question.
Here are 20 questions for Kerry (or his supporters).

www.nationalreview.com...

Here is an excerpt from the first three.

Excerpt-
National Review
August 26, 2004
By Peter Kirsanow

Questions for John Kerry

1. The Bush campaign maintains that you spent 20 years in the Senate with no signature legislative achievements. What do you consider to be the five most important pieces of legislation that you've authored?

a. What's the most important piece of legislation regarding intelligence you've authored?

b. What's the most important piece of antiterrorism legislation you've authored?

c. What's the most important piece of health-care legislation you've authored?

d. What's the most important piece of education legislation you've authored?

2. You'd agree that on paper, Dick Cheney's experience and qualifications dwarf those of your running mate. Why would John Edwards make a better president during the war on terror than Dick Cheney?

a. It's been widely reported that John McCain was your first choice as running mate. If true, why did you prefer Senator McCain to Senator Edwards?

3. Earlier this year you told Tim Russert that you'd release all of your military records, yet you've failed to do so and you refuse to release your Vietnam journal. Why shouldn't the public infer that the contents of these documents would undermine your credibility or otherwise damage your candidacy?

a. When will you release the documents?

[edit on 8/28/2004 by FlyersFan]

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChemKid
If you are voting for Kerry, Why? Does anyone actually have a reason besides, " I'm voting for Kerry because he's not Bush!" Sounds like a bunch of lemmings to me.

I'm a Republican but am voting for Kerry. I finally made the decision during the DNC convention. When it was all said and done it boiled down to this:

COURAGE UNDER FIRE

As many of you know, I'm a veteran. Kerry volunteered for hazardous combat duty and by all credible accounts, he was an exceptional and couragous leader. He could've ran from it, like Clinton and Bush; instead he ran TO it. His choice was to go and fight alongside his fellow Americans. For that, come November, I will cast my vote for my brother-in-arms.

There are other reasons I will vote for Kerry. That one just clinched it for me. I'm disgusted by these warmongering fools who have led us into such a disasterous quagmire, especially considering they felt they were too good to serve, or too afraid.

I want a president who is not afraid to head into the fire himself.

Here's a couple of great articles:

Kerry's Medals were Deserved, Says Widow of Slain Comrade
By Jessica Vascellaro
The Boston Globe

Friday 27 August 2004

Husband was swift boat skipper

WASHINGTON -- Lieutenant Donald Droz knew more about John F. Kerry's service in Vietnam than most men. By Kerry's side when he earned both the Silver and Bronze Stars, Kerry's fellow swift boat captain and friend spoke often of his admiration for the Yalie he called "a real fine guy."
www.truthout.org...

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Firstly, I had to toss this in..*cough*

Continuing! I think the election this year is a lesser of two evils situation... Both Kerry and Bush lie, but since Kerry is yet to drive the economy into the ground or take the country to war under false pretenses, Kerry in 2004 is the route a lot of people want to go. Kerry isn't fantastic or anything, but sweet Christ, is he ever less evil than George W. Bush!

Don't mind me.. just a Canadian tossing in my two cents and passing through. XDD

[edit on 28-8-2004 by melloasjello]

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Having said what I said, let me add to it. I'm no big fan of Kerry, either. We have the choice of either Bush or Kerry. This country cannot handle four more years of the John Wayne wanna-be from Crawford.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
although im not old enough to vote i am completely convinced that bush isnt a very good president. i dont belive anything he says and most of the things he does arent very smart. bush is just a normal guy, and thats not what we need as a president, we need someone who has actually done something for our country, such as john kerry, john kerry joined the military to fight in vietnam, bush somehow got himself out of getting drafted because hes a pussy, john kerry saved peoples lives and got shot like 3 times, bush cheated and lied to become president by getting his brother to keep making excuses to recount votes, if al gore was president now we wouldnt be fighting a stupid war , our economy wouldnt be this bad, and much more. john kerry actually knows what hes talking about, and bush odviously doesnt- afganastan kills like 11,000 people and for some reason we go to war with iraq????????? wtf!!?? the only reason we are in this stupid war is because hussein tried to kill bush sr. like 20 years ago. also bush said we would find weapons of mass destruction, but what have we found? nothing! bush even makes jokes about this, he thinks its funny its all a huge damn joke you f***er, people are loosing thier lives in iraq and afganastan and you have the nerve to make a joke about not finding any weapons of mass destruction! how dare you, thats hardly funny to a family who has lost a family member in iraq.

[edit on 28-8-2004 by DanTodd]

[edit on 28-8-2004 by DanTodd]

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   

If you are voting for Kerry, Why? Does anyone actually have a reason besides, " I'm voting for Kerry because he's not Bush!" Sounds like a bunch of lemmings to me.

Those who fall for every lie and bit of twisted propaganda put out by the Bush administration are the lemmings. Sad.

Oh well. As they say, no point in trying to teach pigs to sing. It wastes your time, and annoys the pigs.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simon_Boudreaux
I can't vote Libertarian because every says that's just another vote for Bush

You would more than likely be TAKING a vote from Bush.

Almost all Libertarians are EX-Republicans

The Libertarian party will deliver what the Rewpublicans have coned everyone into believing THEY are for.

Less Taxes
Personal Freedom
End to the Drug War
Bring our Soldiers Home.......ALL of them

The Republicans win on the personal freedom thing and are in the process of dismantling the Constitution.

Every day more and More Republicans are waking up to the fact that the Libertarians are the party that really stands for freedom

By the way I wont vote for Bush or Kerry or Nader, my vote will go to Badnarik

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Amuk, you're throwing your vote straight down the toilet. That will only help Bush. I hope you reconsider, for the sake of this nation.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
hey, some of you have talked about kerry being a liar but i have not ever heard him lie, can someone tell me when kerry lied?

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Amuk, you're throwing your vote straight down the toilet. That will only help Bush. I hope you reconsider, for the sake of this nation.

I refuse to vote for tweedle dumb or tweedle dumber.

How will this help Bush?

You are suposing I would vote for Kerry which is wrong.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
as a minor, at 17, I just miss the election this year. And though I'm sure everybodies going to ignore me here anyways heh, I was thinking maybe giving my view on the election.

I think the major problem with this election is that both primary canditates Refuse to answer any questions about what they plan to do for the country, and instead, they both fight with eachother about mundane and totally trivial things like the two little immature rich children that they both are.
Lets just break down who bosh candidates are, theyre pros and cons..ofcourse I'm not going to say withs a pro or con, because thats subjective to what a person feels is a pro or a con.
George Bush
Very Religious
Comes from a rich family
Was in the Air National Guard
Was Governer of Texas with good ratings
Stands by what he says and does (whether it be right or wrong)
Likes Action over Talk
Father was an Ex-President

John Kerry
Not as Religious as Bush
Also Comes from a Rich Family
Was in Vietnam
Is in the Senate
Is known by be hypocritical and on the fence on many subjects ,often changing his votes on subjects and opinions on matters in a short time frame.
Prefers Talk over Action, and working with the UN in non-domestic problems
Was Absent in many Defense and Budget hearings as a senator.

As you see, they both have theyre pros and cons, neither of them are perfect, nor either of them clean and wholesome. Theyre two imperfect people, human beings. When it comes down to it, its all about whether you rather have a more physicallythat stands by his acts and takes action, or one that wants better relationship ties with non-domestic relations, and rather talk things out then go physically.

In the end, they both arent really great canditates, their both pretty dumb, pretty bad in politics, but you know, in the end, theyre both atleast better then this canditate:

Wayne Sutherland

or this guy

J.K Grimes

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Flyer: It would appear that old Kerry has stretched the truth a bit. I would STILL consider him a hellofa better candidate than war-mongering, dictatorial,criminal now famous all over the world George W. Bush. You wish to sink aboard ship with this dictator? good.

You'll be among those, 2 years from now , who will DENY ever having felt this good about Bush, and will deny that you ever voted for him.

At least with Kerry I have SOME hope for a future.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Besides Bush's anti-environment, anti-gay rights, pro-rich tax breaks, surplus spending, deficit creating, economy destroying methodology of administrating this country, he LIED to us to send our sons and daughters to die in Iraq. I will not allow our chimperor idiot leader to remain in office. While I do not believe Kerry will do much to remedy the situation, at least I will have done my part in removing one criminal administration from the White House.

[edit on 28-8-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   

It's quite simple really, to say "I'm voting for Kerry because he's not Bush" pretty much sums it all up in one nice little sentence. We can go on and on listing reasons, but why? I strongly believe this election is so polarizing and vicious, that sides have pretty much been taken, and no amount of discussions or accusations, about either candidate, are going to change anybody's mind one way or the other. One side will claim the other is smearing, and the other will believe the smears are absolute truth. I was about to get in a debate with a friend last night, she said she likes Bush because he seems SMART?! And that Kerry seems DUMB?! And she said that Kerry lied about his service but Bush DID NOT, and that Bush served honorably in the SAME WAR?! I was about to ask her what freakin rock she crawled out from under, but I stopped myself, and simply said "Bush is an a$$" and walked away. That's all I could say, I am so tired of listing reasons why I strongly disagree with Bush on so many issues, just to have a Bush supporter state the reasons they strongly agree with Bush, on the SAME ISSUES?! Bush could physically crap in everybody in America's cereal, and Bush supporters will come up with a good reason. So why bother? So from now until November when asked why I am voting for Kerry, I'm gonna say: " I'm voting for Kerry because he's not Bush!"

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join