It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti Bushers I have a question.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
If you are voting for Kerry, Why? Does anyone actually have a reason besides, " I'm voting for Kerry because he's not Bush!" Sounds like a bunch of lemmings to me.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:03 AM
link   
" I'm voting for Kerry because he's not Bush!"

Seems like a good enough reason to me. A retarded chimp could do a better job in the White House than Dubya.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy

Seems like a good enough reason to me. A retarded chimp could do a better job in the White House than Dubya.

Kerry is a retarded chimp whatya talking about ?
Let's face it he's hardly believable person.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Allow me to quote from my response on this thread:

"I often stradle between democratic and libertarian...Last election I voted for Gore b/c that's who I wanted to win, and he did win, he just didn't become president of course....

This election, I want to vote Nader - luckily I live in a state where I can vote outside of what's on my voter's registration card....but I guess I'm going to have to fall under the lump of idiots who vote for Kerry - Bush has to get out - he stole my last vote and he's proven to put it to no good use at all....I would rather know that my vote went to a major political party that is sure to win and replace him than to a third party that may only receive 5% of the vote.

Here's where the Kerry bashers will tell me, well Kerry is actually like so much worse than Bush dude....you know what - I want proof that someone can be more destructive than this fu**ing idiot we have now...I want to see a friggin certificate stamped in gold and signed by every Kerry basher maybe 1 or 2 years from now saying that everything Bush did pales in comparison to what Kerry has done...

I think its a reasonable decision....I know its a step backwards for third party support - and believe me, I don't like that....I equally despise the greed and corruption in our two major parties, but I need this satisfaction just once - And its not as if a hate Kerry's ideas - I can't stand his wife, but that's another story....I'm not voting for someone I don't really want to win and I'm not voting for the person I truly want to win, and in my eyes the means justify the end.... "

[edit on 8/27/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   
The same people who are attacking Bush now were attacking him before he even took office.

None of their complaints are based on his track record. Rather... their hatred of Bush is either based on partisan numbness or the fact that, under Bush, the social agenda of the far Left will never be achieved.

It doesn't matter what Bush did or is doing now. This level of hatred has been in the works for four years.

link   
I'm voting for him because I'm completely impressed with his sacrifice in Vietnam for the most part. Anyone could do a better job than Bush including many Republicans (Powell).

But despite his pampered upbringing he willingly risked his life to fight for his country and then had the bravery to come back and oppose a war that was unjust to begin with and lead by rank amateurs.

Lets face it, most politicians are going to be rich, but few have been willing to do what a common man has done many times before by serving. My dad served in Vietnam and I served in the military during Gulf 1. I hold service to my country in high regard. Bush is a disgrace. He lead a pampered life as well but became the worst example of nepotism this nation has ever seen.

He spent the 70's dodging the draft, getting drunk and running failed businesses. He has never had a desire to become educated and quite frankly, that is a big factor with me as well.

Kerry is by no means perfect but he has more integrity than Bush will ever have and so far has run a clean campaign based on the issues. He didn't bring up Bush's military record nor did he flaunt his without it being necessary to defend himself against retarded right wing attacks similar to the ones launched against McCain and Cleland.

I thought Clinton was a disgrace to the office as well but for different reasons. However, he won kudos with me for admitting that he dodged the war. Honesty can be respected, Bush should do the same.

Kerry gets my vote based on his military service alone...case closed.

[edit on 27-8-2004 by Weller]

link   

Originally posted by mad scientist

Originally posted by NotTooHappy

Kerry is a retarded chimp whatya talking about ?
Let's face it he's hardly believable person.

Well, like I said, he can do a better job than Dubya.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   
You are voting for Kerry because he went to Vietnam? I'm part of a military family too but that is weak. Integrity? A rich kid who elected to got to war. He wasn't the only one. How does that make him a good leader? What are his motivations now. Where will he lead us? I have yet to hear any good responce to this. My deli guy has better ideas about how to run the country than I have heard from Kerry!

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
All,

Whether you vote for Bush or Kerry, it doesn't matter. Both are from affluent backgrounds and do not understand what we go through as day-to-day Americans. I voted for Perot back in the day, and he didn't get elected and the the Republicans bashed his daughter's wedding (according to him). I personally believe that we will be in a weaker position by voting Kerry into office because we really are "at war." I think that Bush can better serve us during war because there is no change of guard. In case you do not realize it, we are at war. Two towers falling prove that case. We'll see how America as a whole feels in November 2004, but I believe that Kerry will not help us in our time of need.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   
The Bush team ran in 2000 on the idea that CEOs could better run the country, they told us the CEOs would be more efficient -and they always are, at robbing and fooling people.

i dont want money grubbing dirty CEOs pullling another Enron

[edit on 8/27/2004 by s13guy]

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I like Kerry because he is NOT an arrogant, religious nut case. He talks about science being the hope of the future, which it is. I like Kerry because he will NOT be a meat puppet for Karl Rove and Dick Cheney. I don't know him personally or have watched him closely enough to feel I really know the guy, but have gone to his rallies and listened to him speak. I like him. He thinks on his feet and doesn't have to LEAN on scripted answers from Rove and the NeoCon speech writers.

Politics is a bit like boxing. You have to dance light and swing hard. Bush is a meatpuppet for either the Neo-cons or the little God voice in his ear. I think Kerry is up to the task to deal with things as they come. I think HE is intelligent enough to listen to dissenting opinions and sort through things and THEN make up his mind.

Pat answers are for toy games. Life is the Real deal. You have to ride it as it comes.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChemKid
If you are voting for Kerry, Why? Does anyone actually have a reason besides, " I'm voting for Kerry because he's not Bush!" Sounds like a bunch of lemmings to me.

I'd rather be a lemming than a fool. And thats what voting for Bush again would make me. You don't take someone as bad as him and reward his poor performance by giving him 4 more years. You give someone else a shot. Bush has been one of the worst presidents in history. He makes Jimmy Carter look like a fiscal guru. He has gutted our constitution, bankrupted our economy, and gotten us involved in a long and nasty war. And the guy has no clue which direction he is going in and he has no idea how to turn back to get out of the fire. He wanders aimlessly. He is frankly an embarassment to this country and its people.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I will be voting for Kerry because:
1) Hes the only other choice
2) He's more intelligent
3) He's acting on his own and not being worked by strings
4) His immediate people WONT be Cheney or Rumsfeld
5) He wont invade other countries just because...
6) He's NOT Bush
7) He hasnt lied to me yet
8) He actually served his country
9) He likes to vacation on Nantucket Island, like me
10)I like ketchup

Not necesarily in the correct order, of course.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   
The republicans are SUCH slimebags. They ALWAYS go for the LOWEST common denominator. They appeal to the MOST biggoted, the MOST ignorant, the MOST stupid. They appeal to people who think there are SIMPLE answers to complex and intricate realities. As if life were some kind of Simple Chess board. Get some physical and intellectual exercise and maybe you will be mentally capable of dealing with REALITY.

Republicans ALWAYS run filthy SMEAR campaigns and then claim to be the MORAL HIGH GROUND.

LEARN SOME REAL INTEGRITY. Be a REAL patriot. Care about your Nation, world and REALITY, not some bogus ticket to heaven FRAUD.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Heinz makes the best ketchup. What the heck does Bush do? :-) . My fries are happier because of Kerry's wife.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I will be voting for Kerry because:
1) Hes the only other choice
2) He's more intelligent
3) He's acting on his own and not being worked by strings
4) His immediate people WONT be Cheney or Rumsfeld
5) He wont invade other countries just because...
6) He's NOT Bush
7) He hasnt lied to me yet
8) He actually served his country
9) He likes to vacation on Nantucket Island, like me
10)I like ketchup

Not necesarily in
the correct order, of course.

1) He's not the only other choice
2) Based on what?
3) Is he completely independent of the DNC?
4) No argument
5) You're right. He won't trust the intelligence put in place by the previous administration
6) You're right, he's not Bush
7) Are you sure. Every politician, for that matter, every human has lied
8) Just like Clinton
9) Good point. He get's my vote
10) So do I and 250 million other Americans

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
Heinz makes the best ketchup. What the heck does Bush do? :-) . My fries are happier because of Kerry's wife.
Should I tell them the real reason I'll vote for Kerry? ok

****HE'S NOT A F#$%g LIAR, thats why.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 01:51 AM
link   
For me its embarassing for people to know who our president is. I hated Clinton but the worst thing you had to worry about with him is keeping your daughter's away. But Bush is just an idiot. Look at the garbage he says. I hear more intelligent things from 9th graders.

I'd rather be a perv than a fool.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank
The republicans are SUCH slimebags. They ALWAYS go for the LOWEST common denominator. They appeal to the MOST biggoted, the MOST ignorant, the MOST stupid. They appeal to people who think there are SIMPLE answers to complex and intricate realities. As if life were some kind of Simple Chess board. Get some physical and intellectual exercise and maybe you will be mentally capable of dealing with REALITY.

Republicans ALWAYS run filthy SMEAR campaigns and then claim to be the MORAL HIGH GROUND.

LEARN SOME REAL INTEGRITY. Be a REAL patriot. Care about your Nation, world and REALITY, not some bogus ticket to heaven FRAUD.
But, Slank, dont you know Bush is a God-fearing man? This is what republicans say, so it must be true.
Why, every church going person WILL be voting for the only person who can show them the way to God. A wonderful bornagain christian, he is.
Slank, its not too late for you son. Or me.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
For me its embarassing for people to know who our president is. I hated Clinton but the worst thing you had to worry about with him is keeping your daughter's away. But Bush is just an idiot. Look at the garbage he says. I hear more intelligent things from 9th graders.

I'd rather be a perv than a fool.

Indy, you and I are soulmates

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join