It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sept. 29, NASA speaks out about NIBIRU in NEOWISE conference.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I didn't expect it! I thought they would filtrate the questions, but someone asked if NASA's Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer (WISE), has detected Planet X aka NIBIRU and according to Amy Mainzer, NEOWISE Principal Investigator at JPL, "Planet X is not coming to get us!" But wait!! She didn't say "There's NO Planet X!". She said that WISE has found hundreds of brown dwarf stars in the outer system and "some of them are relatively close to the Earth, but none of these are closer, at this point, than any near star to our solar system..."

As usual "Never A Straight Answer"...

Most of conference was about the population of asteroids and comets tracked down by WISE telescope.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Double post.
edit on 9/29/2011 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

"some of them are relatively close to the Earth, but none of these are closer, at this point, than any near star to our solar system..."

There were some VERY interesting choices of words at that conference.

My faves being;
We are looking to see if there are any sizeable objects in the outer solar system, but we still have a huge amount of data to work through.
Anything out there would have a relatively circular orbit.
We can confirm 'new' brown dwarfs near to earth which is a good start though..

Yah okay.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I don't know if Planet X / Nibiru exists but I am sure we would notice it till now (if we take "2012 end of the world story" as true). Also few months / years ago there were dates on which supposedly we would get 100% proof of existence of such planet. But as we can see now all those dates were one big lie.

So even if planet like that exists I don't believe its near the Earth. It might be getting closer but I don't think we will collide with it on 2012 or something like that.

Still interesting statement by NASA.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deplume

"some of them are relatively close to the Earth, but none of these are closer, at this point, than any near star to our solar system..."

There were some VERY interesting choices of words at that conference.

My faves being;
We are looking to see if there are any sizeable objects in the outer solar system, but we still have a huge amount of data to work through.
Anything out there would have a relatively circular orbit.
We can confirm 'new' brown dwarfs near to earth which is a good start though..

Yah okay.

I thought that scientist who answered about Planet X, was a bit jumpy with the question, but she managed to sneak out of the controversy with very redundant answers.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Double post.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
questions. Are we moving towards the brown dwarf? or is it moving towards us? or are we moving towards it, while it moves towards us?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Double post.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dario86
I don't know if Planet X / Nibiru exists but I am sure we would notice it till now (if we take "2012 end of the world story" as true). Also few months / years ago there were dates on which supposedly we would get 100% proof of existence of such planet. But as we can see now all those dates were one big lie.

So even if planet like that exists I don't believe its near the Earth. It might be getting closer but I don't think we will collide with it on 2012 or something like that.

Still interesting statement by NASA.

Perhaps what the Sumerians reported as "NIBIRU" was no rogue planet or brown dwarf. Perhaps what they reported was a planet-sized space station, what explains a lot:

1. How the alien race named ANUNNAKI, managed to transport a logistic for colonization and mining of entire solar system.
2. How they could live thousands of years away of their original home.
3. How they could drag entire moons, like Phobos and perhaps ours, and place them in their current orbits.
4. There's only ONE historical report of a planetary cataclysm related to NIBIRU, which is the one depicted as the biblical flood, and perhaps it was caused by some alien weapon, not by alignments and gravity pulls.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

Except the Sumerians did not "report" on Nibiru. The term nibiru is an Akkadian word and even then it had no astronomical connotation. That didn't happen until the Babylonian's used the term to refer to the highest point of the ecliptic. If a planet was in that position nibiru would also refer to that planet, such as Jupiter in the MUL.APIN or Mercury in a few cylinder seals.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

that WISE has found hundreds of brown dwarf stars in the outer system and "some of them are relatively close to the Earth, but none of these are closer, at this point, than any near star to our solar system..."

Now isn't that a kind of quote taken out of context, especially by article browsers, that is self contradictory to what fear mongers try to tell us?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Exactly what do you build a 'planet sized' starship out of? Where do you get that much mass>?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I don't know maybe it's just me, but if you have the means and technology to build and power a planet sized starship logic would suggest you don't need a planet sized starship, those resources would be better used on the planet you inhabit. Doesn't make sense let alone the logistical obstacles and, that little tiny thing, the power to move it.
edit on 29-9-2011 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
I don't know maybe it's just me, but if you have the means and technology to build and power a planet sized starship logic would suggest you don't need a planet sized starship, those resources would be better used on the planet you inhabit. Doesn't make sense let alone the logistical obstacles and, that little tiny thing, the power to move it.
edit on 29-9-2011 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

Are you reasoning by YOUR logical or by the logical of an ancient extraterrestrial race of system colonizers??? Assuming you know sh*t about the space program of an alien race millions of years ahead of us, what materials did they use to build their ships, the type of propulsion they used, if they use to travel through dimensional gates, wormholes and all these details any human outside of governments and military intell, can only speculate, what doesn't make sense is YOU wanting to determine what makes sense or not. Thus you are not qualified to tell what aliens need or don't need to travel across the stars.

I told my theory about what I think Nibiru could be. Unless you or anybody else has a database of ancient aliens space programs, it seems pretty much awkward arguing whether they need or do not need of a planet sized mothership or space station. It's 50/50.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperface
Why are these threads littered with so MANY double posts.It is pig ignorant and ruins perfectly ok threads.

Don't be the ATS rent a cop. Let the MODS worry about stuff like this.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

Except the Sumerians did not "report" on Nibiru. The term nibiru is an Akkadian word and even then it had no astronomical connotation. That didn't happen until the Babylonian's used the term to refer to the highest point of the ecliptic. If a planet was in that position nibiru would also refer to that planet, such as Jupiter in the MUL.APIN or Mercury in a few cylinder seals.

You are part of the modern world, but not part of the hyper modern world. Elenin and Nibiru were the easy path for the future. The alternatives are really scary. What was the NASA Q+A about today?

Elenin, Nibiru, or something else? Or maybe even something else beyond that.------------

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard
according to Amy Mainzer, NEOWISE Principal Investigator at JPL, "Planet X is not coming to get us!" But wait!! She didn't say "There's NO Planet X!".

your title is pathetic... way to spin some disinformation.

ETA:

I'll provide an example just ... in ... case you actually think what she said means there is a planet X.

Say you have a four year old kid and he/she is scared to go to sleep because a monster is in the closet. The parents could answer "There's no monster in the closet." That doesn't IN ANY WAY mena they're implying monsters DO exist but are somewhere else besides the closet. It's common speech when you're discussing something you think is not real...
edit on 29-9-2011 by Thermo Klein because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

There is nothing coming to get us by 2012, but that does not mean in the future something else could be discovered. I went to NASA's website and they have a bunch of new discoveries, for example:

"These revelations emphasize that Mercury is a fascinating world that is unmatched in the solar system," says Blewett. "We have barely begun to understand what Mercury is really like and are eager to discover what Mercury can tell us about the processes that led to formation of the planets as we see them today."

Orbital Observations of Mercury Reveal Flood Lavas, Hollows, and Unprecedented Surface Details

Link

And about the double post, how about Nibiru threads in the Space Exploration section...

top topics

join