It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sept. 29, NASA speaks out about NIBIRU in NEOWISE conference.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I didn't expect it! I thought they would filtrate the questions, but someone asked if NASA's Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer (WISE), has detected Planet X aka NIBIRU and according to Amy Mainzer, NEOWISE Principal Investigator at JPL, "Planet X is not coming to get us!" But wait!! She didn't say "There's NO Planet X!". She said that WISE has found hundreds of brown dwarf stars in the outer system and "some of them are relatively close to the Earth, but none of these are closer, at this point, than any near star to our solar system..."

As usual "Never A Straight Answer"...

Most of conference was about the population of asteroids and comets tracked down by WISE telescope.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Double post.
edit on 9/29/2011 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard
I didn't expect it! I thought they would filtrate the questions, but someone asked if NASA's Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer (WISE), has detected Planet X aka NIBIRU and according to Amy Mainzer, NEOWISE Principal Investigator at JPL, "Planet X is not coming to get us!"

That's called taking the piss out of the conspiracists.

But wait!! She didn't say "There's NO Planet X!".

Conspiracist has no sense of humour

She said that WISE has found hundreds of brown dwarf stars in the outer system and "some of them are relatively close to the Earth, but none of these are closer, at this point, than any near star to our solar system..."

As usual "Never A Straight Answer"...

The answer does not tally with the conspiracy....quell suprise!

Most of conference was about the population of asteroids and comets tracked down by WISE telescope.

No, it wasn't was it.? A conference about tracking asteroids and comets presented information about tracking asteroids and comets!!!! Instead of planet X , Nibiru , Elenin and end of world collision which was what the conspiracists speculated about before hand......well well well .......tch tch tch........

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
If you would be completly sure that there is nothing going on, and that there is no Nibiru, you wouldn't feel the need to respond that emotionally. You wouldn't respond at all, it's your fear that makes you pretend the smart guy!
You're not! I'm sorry!

Join the federation!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Astar316

The post was sarcastic, not emotional.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Sounds to me like NASA was giving very straight forward answers. Every sentence they speak does not equate to double talk. They may be defanged at the moment with no space flight capabilities, but they still have level headed scientist and engineers who are just speaking at these news conferences in there language. If you have never spent time around people like these, it would be quite easy to think they were just blowing hot air. The fact is, they pretty much say what they have to say and are pretty straight forward about it. Sometimes they do try to add some humor but it usually doesn't go over to well.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

How can an individual not give a flat out no when answering a question about the possibility of a planet X orbiting out beyond the Kuiper belt (believed by folks who do believe such a planet exists as being 4 times the size of Jupiter) indicate in an answer that such a plant could possibly maintain an orbit at such a distance around the size of star that our sun is?

Does Amy take drugs, Uber-B?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

Yes I watched that too. Made me grin loads, so I asked my buds in the room "What the nearest star too the earth is" ???? You guessed it they had no idear lol. Never a straight answer big time.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Id123

That would be Alpha Centauri which is our closest neighboring star, a binary system. Amy said their are brown dwarfs discovered through WISE observations that are close to us, but not closer than our nearest stellar neighbor. That's fine. All very possible and plausible; no argument there. However what is not, and I would argue with, is that any type giant planet like X, supposedly said to be four times the mass of Jupiter, could be out beyond or near the Kuiper belt somewhere maintaining a circular orbit around our sun. It's too far away for a such a mass to orbit around a star the size of our sun. The gravity is not there. Such a planet at that distance would be a rouge planet wondering our universe aimlessly. So the math says it's a flat out NO to the question she was given. Not if there was one it would be in a circular orbit as she indicated in her answer.

She is a JPL scientist who has a doctorate in astronomy. That makes what she said, entertaining such a notion as a possibility, being absolutely hilarious. How did the woman ever get her degree?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Id123

Oh, and may I add a few more words to my last post....I found that curious too that she did say "Alpha Centauri" identifying our closet neighboring star, and not only that she didn't give the distance which is all information she should know by memory given here background and profession. Like the folks you asked, most people on the street don't know or can't remember, and she should had been more detailed.

She's a real putz
in my opinion. That and she thinks she's the most gorgeous thing that has ever walked this planet.

edit on 2-10-2011 by LilDudeissocool because: I added an additional comment just because... ;-)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
reply to post by Astar316

The post was sarcastic, not emotional.

Who cares either way, her comment was 'tarded period.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

Actually the closest star is Proxima Centauri. It's 4.2 LY away and is a solitary red dwarf. However, it's too faint to be seen with the naked eye, which makes Alpha Centauri the closest visible stars.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Actually a brown dwarf is a en.wikipedia.org... which was at one time a star.

Or what I call an ImmortalGimini527 observed in infrared light. But be forewarned... that green troll is quite the menacing
even though the immortal lil one is only this -[ high.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Everyone keep in mind this is all a product of one serious moonbat> www.zetatalk.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

There was me thinking the nearest was the Sun, silly me. Now nasa does not know that????? When they say things like that they really make me laugh. Schoolboy error by all means. Well I was only wrong by 4 light years. Yes it must be easy to get a degree from NASA. Take care.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Lets spell this out in layman terms.

...someone asked if NASA's Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer (WISE), has detected Planet X aka NIBIRU and according to Amy Mainzer, NEOWISE Principal Investigator at JPL, "Planet X is not coming to get us!" But wait!! She didn't say "There's NO Planet X!".

This is a direct answer to what the person believes to be planet X, Nibiru, which doesn't exist! hence, its not coming to get you.

To the layman Planet X is a supposed brown dwarf that periodically enters our inner solar system to wreak havoc to life on earth, (yet somehow never destroys the planet or send it off on a wild orbit or possible ejection from our solar system).

To the astronomers Planet X refers to an undetected brown dwarf or rouge planet NOT BOUND to our solar system.

Amy was having a bit of fun at the notion that a brown dwarf could exist in our solar system yet undetected by 2011, 10th month of the year, call it sarcasm if you wish.

She said that WISE has found hundreds of brown dwarf stars in the outer system

Our local solar nieghborhood, not IN our solar system.

and "some of them are relatively close to the Earth, but none of these are closer, at this point, than any near star to our solar system..."

Clearly stating none are closer than Proxima Centauri, Proxima or Alpha Centauri C (α Cen C), probably gravitationally associated with Alpha Centauri AB. Proxima is now placed at the slightly smaller distance of 1.29 parsecs or 4.24 light years from the Sun, making it the closest star to THE SUN!

You will note id123 that she said " than any near star to our solar system", assuming you could read.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

That's a really intense reply there, Gemini5/27.

top topics

join