It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I call out my wife?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Couldn't have said it better Gabby.

Alot of "I'm sitting on the only one in town" going on here.

I also agree with the poster who stated that they only have heard one side of things.

Thanks,
Orangetom.

I am going to edit this to add on a concept for which few men and even fewer women know about today in lieu of high maintenance consumption rates..both male and females here. By this I mean High Maintenance self justifications for which one often sees in posts here in the relationship boards.

I abbreviate this concept by using the phrase...." I'm sitting on the only one in town." Males do this as well as do females. They may do this in different ways but it is the same thing.

What both do not know or are even aware of ...is the concept of a drug...a drug habit if you like.

If a male is not high maintenance or "I'm sitting on the only one it town.." and so too is the female....if she is knowlegeable and skillful...she can put him on a drug for which he never wants to get off it.

This takes some real commitment from the female...some real foresight and forethought.
A male too must understand the concept and not just be full of alcohol, sports, and cheerleaders type male thinking.

She protects him and provides him a safe place to put his hat. A sanctuary from the outside world...including self indulgent high maintenance children. Translate this...the children are not running the show into the ground.

He is happy to come home after work for his home is a safe place ..a sanctuary from the outside world. Not just a place where massive social callings are taking place. He comes in first here...not last after everyone and every social matter.

He is not required to take first place risks to earn his monies and them comes home only to come in last place behind the dog and cat and every other social crisis takeing place. The phone is not ringing off the hook and disturbing the peace of the household. The kids are not running the show into the ground...requiring more first place risks on his part.

I know more men for whom this is the pattern of their lives and they find more order and solace at work than they do at home. Everyone and everything is running their home but they...including the television, radio, neighbors and friends. What a dumb bunch of men. What a dumb bunch of women.

A woman who can do this for a man can put him on a drug for which he never wants to get off.

This understanding/knowledge is so far from the minds and thoughts of most women today in lieu of high speed consumption rates.
What is also very bad is that it is also foreign from the thoughts of what passes for most men today as well.

Thanks again,
Orangetom

edit on 8-10-2011 by orangetom1999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

Thanks for understanding my view.

Your posts make me think about and ponder relationships.. and how some men may feel .

Peace vs piece was insightful , and showed men really needed to be appreciated and respected for what they endure to provide for their families.

Many women work hard as well to help provide for their families..so it seems there is a need for a balanced appreciation, and a mutual respect between two loving partners.

A home should be a peaceful haven..where one can shed the cares of the world,when they walk in the door, but it can be difficult to try and maintain that aura of peace when children get demanding..and self indulgent.

edit on 8-10-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Many women work hard as well to help provide for their families..so it seems there is a need for a balanced appreciation, and a mutual respect between two loving partners.

Agree here Gabby. Peace is not just for the man..but for the woman too.

Alot of men tend to be more anti social than is the norm for most women. Women tend to gravitate to the social callings. But these can stress a woman out for time and monies. A man needs to offer a woman recognition for this and be aware that these social or even occupational social interactions are causing her stress.

Women under such social stresses love a Peaceful enviornment where they can relax and let the world go on by. Unfortunately and with many the mostly self imposed schedules they undertake...it leads to stress.

I found out long ago that women love to come to a peaceful enviornment for a couple of hours of relaxation. They have so little time for this type of self indulgence.

A man who knows this and how to delicately slow a woman down is a valuable asset to her. Peace ..not just Piece.

It does indeed flow both ways and I think this is a bigger problem in most relationships than most recognize. For the numbers seem to bear this out.

Thanks,
Orangetom

<< 5  6  7   >>

join