It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Clinton be allowed torun for a 3rd term, would he win ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I like Geroge W and don't think Kerry can beat him. But if Clinton were running he'd beat George hands down. America needs someone with charisma and foresight. Should the constition be ammended to allow Clinton to run again ? after all he is still young.

As far as I can see no-one can compete with Bill.

No Lewinsky references please.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Clinton was one of the worst son-of-a-bitches who ever saw the White House- quite possibly as bad as Bush. Look at Waco, Oklahoma City, Sudan, selling shipyards to the commie Chinese. But he has charisma, so he must be good, right?

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Interesting... one thing that Clinton is very, very good at is giving people hope and being positive, almost evangelical. That's why so many people thought he was a second Kennedy when he was first elected in '92.

Something is for sure... what I feel America is truly lacking in this election year is someone like that '92 Clinton, or even (egads!) a Reagan with his "Morning in America" catch phrase. Neither Bush nor Kerry can do that, and neither can take the dark gloom off this election campaign.

Clinton or Reagan would not be about "saving" America. They would be about celebrating it.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Sure the guy is Charismatic but, what did he accomplish during his presidency? He did nothing when the Trade Centers were bombed the first time and nothing when the Cole was bombed.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Reagan- now THERE was one of the finest Presidents America ever saw. Not one of these authoritarian Bushes or Clintons.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
A good corollary to the Schwarzenegger thread.

Why exactly is there a two-term limit in the US? That�s something we don�t have in Canada. We've had many Prime Ministers with multiple terms because if you find someone who does a good job you keep them around.

I think it has something to do with Washington only serving two terms? How did it end up in the Constitution?

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   
One more thing, as sad as it may be I truley believe there will never again be a great president. The greats are dead forever replaced by greedy men who hunger for POWER. No one truley cares about America anymore, not Bush not Kerry, Not Clinton, not any politician. The system is so overun with people who only care about themselves and not for what they were elected to do.

There will be no Dawn for America in the foreseeable future.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Are you kidding Gools? What about Trudeau? That guy was like a dictator- we weren't able to vote him out! He was young and got a huge amount of votes because of his looks. People overlooked his tendency to declare martial law on the innocent Quebeckers and his giving aid to the communists.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Term Limits come from the 22nd Amendment which was passed in 1951.

Before that you could have as many as you wanted but all the presidents since Washington followed his example and stepped down after two terms. FDR broke tradition and ran for and won 4 terms. After that Congress passed the 22nd

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   
In all honesty, my 10 year old daughter is a more viable candidate than the 2 choices you have this election. No smiley here, it's sad.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
Sure the guy is Charismatic but, what did he accomplish during his presidency? He did nothing when the Trade Centers were bombed the first time and nothing when the Cole was bombed.

All things I agree with. However in a post 911 world, I believe Clinton would have to be more proactive. His understanding of world politics unfortunately dwarves Bush's.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
Why exactly is there a two-term limit in the US?

Term limits were enacted after FDR was elected to four terms prior to and during WWII. The reason for term limits is that it prevents too much power from being accumulated in one person or one party. The strength of this nation is in its separation of and limits of power. There are too many examples of politcal dynasties raping the public through corruption.

[edit on 04/8/27 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Nevermind

[edit on 8/27/04 by NotTooHappy]

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Militiaman
That guy was like a dictator- we weren't able to vote him out!

That's non-sensical.

People overlooked his tendency to declare martial law on the innocent Quebeckers and his giving aid to the communists.

I did not mention a particular Prime Minister in my reply.

Did you notice my location?

I think Laurier would be a better example of the point I was making.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Militiaman
Are you kidding Gools? What about Trudeau? That guy was like a dictator- we weren't able to vote him out! He was young and got a huge amount of votes because of his looks. People overlooked his tendency to declare martial law on the innocent Quebeckers and his giving aid to the communists.

How did I miss this post? MM, seeing as Trudeau has been out of power for 20 years, I'm guessing you're post is based on either hearsay or biassed writing. PET was popular because he was cocky and spent lots of money on programs. Not every politician that would flip the bird at the media during an election. I have no idea what you're talking about when you mention the Communists but your reference to martial law was his response to the terrorist organization FLQ. It was for the benefit of Quebecers.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I have no idea what you're talking about when you mention the Communists but your reference to martial law was his response to the terrorist organization FLQ. It was for the benefit of Quebecers.

He's probably talking about Trudeau's relationship with Castro.

At the time the Quebec Government REQUESTED martial law from the Feds and Trudeau was fed bad intel in making his decision to comply.

PET was popular for many reasons. I personally though he was a good leader despite his shortcomings.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Clinton was told by a psychic once that he would have a third term as President. I think if he were to run he would win.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
But, after GW Bush, we might see a one term policy enacted
You'll likely see Clinton as the Middle East Envoy after Kerry is elected.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I think he would win, and to ensure the win, his wife would be vice.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
3rd term? People brought this up about Reagan. Sure, let's make Clinton a third term pres. While we're at it let's give him a white paramilitary uniform and make him Presidente for Life.

The guy got caught getting BJ's from a girl half his age in the White House. He's done, put a fork in him.

I do think he did a good job, but a third term is never going to happen with him. I just wish McCain had become the nominee instead of Bush for 2000 Republicans, or anyone but Kerry this year.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join